Matrix Shards & Cubes - How Do I Get Rid of Them!!!!

AlCiao

I do not like clutter in my inventory. I prefer to keep it as empty as possible. This includes the mission items tab. I had three Matrix Shards there, so I assembled them into a Matrix Cube, only to find that I can't drop it, sell it, or stash it in cargo bay! (I have Brutalizer relics equipped, so there's no chance in heck I'm using a Matrix Cube relic). I know I can disassemble the Cube (if I find some kind of power core, but I have no idea where to find it), but I don't want the shards either! I just want them gone.

Is there some way to get rid of both the Shards and the Cube? Thanks =)

I doubt there is, for the simple reason that they are only obtainable once. Giving players an option to get rid of them would result in accidental deletions, sales or similar things, which in turn would cause people to write tickets and cry their heart out on this very forum.

I'm afraid you'll have to live with them sitting in your missions tab. Considering that you never actually need to look into said tab... why not just ignore it?

OCD

Ignore the mission tab. You cannot add or remove things from it. It is essentially NOT an inventory and is instead a bag that shows fixed items you have obtained for missions.

I was going for RP with "unnecessary burden" with the mind set of...seriously who carries around 10 pieces of full armor 30 speeders and bunch of rocks

I do not like clutter in my inventory. I prefer to keep it as empty as possible. This includes the mission items tab. I had three Matrix Shards there, so I assembled them into a Matrix Cube, only to find that I can't drop it, sell it, or stash it in cargo bay! (I have Brutalizer relics equipped, so there's no chance in heck I'm using a Matrix Cube relic). I know I can disassemble the Cube (if I find some kind of power core, but I have no idea where to find it), but I don't want the shards either! I just want them gone.

Is there some way to get rid of both the Shards and the Cube? Thanks =)

I'm not sure you'd want to do that. I would think that at the lvl60 cap increase that a new cube will be introduced that may be viable in PvE. Would you really want to collect those shards again? Eek!

Mission tab is not part of your main inventory. If you are RPing it shouldn't affect it. If it does then I pray for you because RPing that hard is more of a chore for me, but that's just me I guess.

Okay, thanks for the info lol.

Well, the way I see it, the mission tab carries stuff necessary to ongoing missions. Like I had the various HK pieces there till I found them all and built him. So relieved to get all that stuff out of there. It's just a completionist urge, I guess. I'm the same way with my mission log xD

Well, the way I see it, the mission tab carries stuff necessary to ongoing missions. Like I had the various HK pieces there till I found them all and built him. So relieved to get all that stuff out of there. It's just a completionist urge, I guess. I'm the same way with my mission log xD
How much would your Completionist urge kill you if you got rid of the shards and then BioWare decided to make Matrix Cubes relevant again with a serious stat increase in a future expansion? ;)

How much would your Completionist urge kill you if you got rid of the shards and then BioWare decided to make Matrix Cubes relevant again with a serious stat increase in a future expansion? ;)

Yeah, I think this is more the issue, that the matrix cubes haven't gotten an update for stats at 55.

With the cap raising again, I hope work is done on them in some capacity, even as an entry-level relic for the new cap.

Edited by arunav

If the mission items tab were actually useable I could understand, but it isn't so what in heck are you getting in a knot about?

Exactly my thoughts. OP is proof yet again that no matter how trivial and pointless something is, there is someone who will get upset about it.