Requesting Exclusive PVP Themed Models For Seasonal Rewards

Elfa

I'm not a PVP player. I do play do occasion but I'm a dedicated PVE player.

That being said, I'm here asking for this for them. Who are "them"? The dedicated PVP players who have stuck through this game and remained loyal. PVE has had issues, but they don't compare with the crap that PVP has had to go through.

Balance issues, Bolster issues, bugged arenas, low pop queues, open PVP killed, seasonal delays, laggy warzones, FOTM hell. These are just a few but through it all, so many dedicated players have remained loyal.

These people deserve to have exclusive mounts for their PVP rewards as much as any PVE player does. So this is what I'm suggesting. Get started on making exclusive mounts that are themed to each warzone. Give one of these mounts out as the seasonal mount reward every season. We have exclusive themed mounts for our operations and they should as well.

PVE is the heart of SWTOR, but PVP is also an important part of this game, don't treat these dedicated players like second class citizens, they deserve better than that.

I'm not a PVP player. I do play do occasion but I'm a dedicated PVE player.

That being said, I'm here asking for this for them. Who are "them"? The dedicated PVP players who have stuck through this game and remained loyal. PVE has had issues, but they don't compare with the crap that PVP has had to go through.

Balance issues, Bolster issues, bugged arenas, low pop queues, open PVP killed, seasonal delays, laggy warzones, FOTM hell. These are just a few but through it all, so many dedicated players have remained loyal.

These people deserve to have exclusive mounts for their PVP rewards as much as any PVE player does. So this is what I'm suggesting. Get started on making exclusive mounts that are themed to each warzone. Give one of these mounts out as the seasonal mount reward every season. We have exclusive themed mounts for our operations and they should as well.

PVE is the heart of SWTOR, but PVP is also an important part of this game, don't treat these dedicated players like second class citizens, they deserve better than that.

Musco just confirmed that this is pretty much not happening. For every pvp specific mount there will be some reskin avaible at the CM... you have a fair point, but they wont do that

Musco just confirmed that this is pretty much not happening. For every pvp specific mount there will be some reskin avaible at the CM... you have a fair point, but they wont do that

Well, I'm not going to give up. They need to see that their decision is the wrong one and understand why its wrong.

That's why he's "Requesting" this be done, since it would be a change from their current plans. If it was already their plan there'd be no point to this thread.

Hey everyone,

I know there has been a bit of frustration from our PvP community regarding a Rancor mount going into the Cartel Market. Although I had mentioned at the time that there would be Rancor mounts coming to both the CM and Operations, I thought it would be good to explain our philosophy on mounts. Especially around their exclusivity.

For PvP mounts, such as Season rewards, what you are going to tend to find is that they are exclusive variations of a mount and not necessarily a completely exclusive model (not to say we would never do an exclusive model, that is always possible). For example, you will not find a Rancor that looks anything like Giradda’s Rancor, but you can find other Rancor mounts. Aside from the unique appearance, what sets this mount apart is exclusivity. That variation is not only exclusive in appearance, but it is only available for a limited time. Meaning anyone who comes into the game now, or who was not Tier 1 during Season 1, can never acquire that mount. Although I can understand that having a unique variant, and not a unique mount, can seem less exciting. It actually ends up being more exclusive in the long term!

For mounts that come from Operations, such as the Wings of the Architect, we treat these a bit differently. As you can tell from the Wings, and other mounts such as Titan-6, they are themed directly around the Operation where they drop. Our intent is that this will stay that way and those mounts will remain exclusive to those Operations. However, one thing that is different here than with the PvP mount, is that these mounts will always be present in-game. This means that although right now, only some of the best Operations players in the world have these mounts, in time they will become more accessible as new content is released.

I hope that clears up our approach to putting mounts in the game, and explains a bit about how we handle exclusivity around those mounts.

-eric

They said it's possible but idk if it'll happen anytime soon.

They said it's possible but idk if it'll happen anytime soon.

It may not happen soon and realistically, nothing in this game happens in a hurry, but if we can make them understand, then we may just see the change happen.

I do personally agree with you. The pvp community should get something exclusive to pvp since they really haven't had anything exclusive to them since they removed the old pvp armor sets. Which I really think they should bring back but buff them to more current stats. The obroan and brutalizer sets are just UGLY. Edited by Iona_Var

/signed.

Musco, please, please make the Dev team reconsider what you posted in that post.

I can understand your post in context of Rancors specifically. Rancors are something a huge number of players have wanted, and making it exclusive to a time-limited window with PvP only, would be unfair, especially to players on PvE servers, or on low-pop servers. I have no issue with the Rancor being in the NiM Operation, since it still restricts the rancor to an incredibly tiny percentage of the population, but the decision to put it on the CM so soon was wrong IMO.

However, even for that I think it's okay, since this is a Rancor, and Bioware will earn a ton of money from it, so it would be pretty stupid not to put it up. What I would like, is some exclusive mount. One that is currently not in high demand, but whose design is so awesome that everyone wants to get one the moment it is announced. Like, the Gree cubes when they were released. Or the Avalanche tank. And when that is released, keep it exclusive to PvP (or more specifically, to people who did Ranked PvP in that specific season).

This is why it's important to do exclusive mounts for PVP. Exclusivity means people will work harder to acquire the model and that means shorter queues and better fights in warzones.

I was considering breaking *** for that Rancor, but once I read that it was going to be on the GTN, I was like, what's the point? I can just wait and get one then and it won't even have to be covered in neon. Not much of a persuasive argument to play hard.

Their philosophy on this point is spot on.

No one can ever get the PvP Rancor ever again, those of us who did not participate in ranked PvP or those who were not good enough to get the required rating will never ever have that Rancor.

Does that mean that those people should never have ANY Rancor? Of course not.

Back in the day, only serious raiders could get the EV and KP speeders. Now anyone can go get them. Thus there is no need to give everyone access to a reskinned version.

Honestly I think Bioware could hand every "PvPer" $100 in cash and they would complain that it wasn't $101.

No one can ever get the PvP Rancor ever again, those of us who did not participate in ranked PvP or those who were not good enough to get the required rating will never ever have that Rancor.

Back in the day, only serious raiders could get the EV and KP speeders. Now anyone can go get them. Thus there is no need to give everyone access to a reskinned version.

Honestly I think Bioware could hand every "PvPer" $100 in cash and they would complain that it wasn't $101.

Honestly I think your post is dumb.

The problem is, PvE gets models exclusive to high end PvE activities that can't be attained by someone who does just PvP, Crafting, RPing or GSF. No other playstyle has such preferential treatment with exclusive models.

I'm fine with exclusives, as I believe it promotes participation in activities one normally wouldn't want to participate in, but it's gotta work for all parts of the game imo, not just PvE.

The problem is, PvE gets models exclusive to high end PvE activities that can't be attained by someone who does just PvP, Crafting, RPing or GSF. No other playstyle has such preferential treatment with exclusive models.

I'm fine with exclusives, as I believe it promotes participation in activities one normally wouldn't want to participate in, but it's gotta work for all parts of the game imo, not just PvE.

You do not have to be a high end PvEer to get any of the exclusive PvE mounts except for the last two. No other play style gets such disadvantageous treatment.