Level 55 Treek - What stance and what stats?

AlCiao

My main toon (level 55) is a sorcerer, specced dps. So for his Treek, should I have her on heals or on tank? Opinions? Also, how effectively can her tank stance continue to heal, and how effectively can her heal stance continue to tank? Ideally I'd like her to be an all-rounder who can both tank and heal, I just don't know what she should focus on (i.e. stance).

Also, what stats should I get for her gear, assuming that I want her to be an all-around heal + tank? Any suggestions on what combination of mitigation + heal stats I should outfit her with?

Thanks.

I'm interested in learning this as well. I've set Treek up as a tank on my 55 Gunslinger and given her all tanking armor/mods/enhancements, but it still seems that she can go down relatively quick. Been wondering if I should switch her to healer.

as with all companions it will depend on how you want to play. you will fill 2/3 (sometimes 3/3) of which ever rolls your companion is not filling.

At all points it becomes a race between you+companion killing the mob and it killing you.

How you manage that is upto you.

As an example, I use treek as a healer on my sentinel since I am pretty tanky and dont' mind being the focus of all the damage. As a assassin/shadow I would probably use a tank companion to hold aggro so i can continue to use backstabs and not absorb quite so much damage.

As for stats, Aim/power/ probably your best bet, i wouldn't bother with alacrity or any crit. can probably add some surge, but think power would be better.

As a tank, stacking end and power going to be best. can stack def as your primary but not like you are going to be doing OPS runs with her and need maxed mitigation.

Edited by DOHboy

My experience with Treek is limited, but I'll share my observations from using her with my Sniper.

In her tank stance, she continues to heal, though not as effectively as in her heal stance (also, being in her tank stance locks one of her abilities).

In her heal stance, she does not tank. At all. She hangs out at a distance, and heals, sometimes throwing in blaster fire if you and her are both at full health.