Dark Ward Question

Beonell

After rolling toons as the other tank classes I decided to try my hand with the Sin Tank for PvE. I have done a lot of reading on rotations and stat priorities, but I am still having issues with the Dark Ward. Following established rotation that I have p/u on though the forums, dulfy etc.. , I cast DW and get my 15 stacks. Now, according to what I read, I am supposed to keep DW up hovering around 8 stacks if possible. My issue is that I don't seem to consume any stacks @ all. I cast and carry 15 through to expiration. I am currently @ 53 now and equipped with the Makeb 53 relic mods focusing on defensive stats and set up to tank. I am sure it is something I am doing wrong, but I just can't figure it out.

I know it is somewhat of a fishing expedition without going into all the minutia stats on my toon and sec by sec accounts of my rotations in fights. But is there a pre-requisite skill that I need to have in the tree? Do I just need to keep practicing the rotations and work on timing? Any insight would go a long way.

You are never consuming any stacks of Dark Ward? Do you have a shield equipped and dark charge active? Because that the only possible explanation :rak_02:

Just for the record, you're supposed to refresh Dark Ward 1 second before expiry, regardless of stacks.

Ok, so what Dark Ward does is boosts your shield chance by 25% (correct value?) for 15 stacks. So for dark ward to do something you have to have a Shield equipped and also it helps to have Dark Charge active. Every Time you shield an attack you lose one stack of Dark Ward and if you have the Dark Bulwark talent you gain one stack of Dark Bulwark which increases your Shield Absorption by 1% per stack and that stacks up to 8 stacks, also Dark Bulwark is "cleansed" whenever you use Dark Ward.