Arena...... how to improve?

rlionherz

so since thers no seperate que for Arenas in reg`s. how should a casual like me practise and improve? every time i que for solo ranked i feel sorry for my teammates.

the few times Arenas pop in reg que arent enough to get better. not to mention there are even worse PvPer, in that que, then iam.

why cant we have an unranked Arena que?

Good question but for some unknown reason Bioware think that 4v4 and 8v8 are the same TYPE of Warzone. Now I know what you're thinking; 'that's just crazy' but this is coming from a development team who didn't think Joystick support was important for GSF.

Arenas belong together. As you mentioned, players can choose to do ranked or unranked to get used to this unbalanced format.

Arenas just eat in to my time and when you get just 1 8v8 but dozens of Arena pops in an hour, it makes you wonder how many other people are leaving for this very reason

Good question but for some unknown reason Bioware think that 4v4 and 8v8 are the same TYPE of Warzone. Now I know what you're thinking; 'that's just crazy' but this is coming from a development team who didn't think Joystick support was important for GSF.

Arenas belong together. As you mentioned, players can choose to do ranked or unranked to get used to this unbalanced format.

Arenas just eat in to my time and when you get just 1 8v8 but dozens of Arena pops in an hour, it makes you wonder how many other people are leaving for this very reason

Agreed.

The que system should look like as follows:

Regular Warzone:

- Solo ONLY que (8v8s only)

- Arena practice (group and solo que, 4v4s only)

Ranked Warzone:

- Solo ONLY que (4v4s and 8v8s)

- Group ONLY que (4v4s and 8v8s)

Then have arenas give a baseline comm award at the end (medals dont increase), that is equal for win and loss. This helps DPS specs with little to no healing and no taunts, as it is near impossible to get good medal counts when the match is fast. Also, winning already gives double towards daily+weekly completion (in regs), and in ranked obviously winning is the only way to get daily+weekly completion and your rating goes up, so there is already incentive enough to win.

Queue ranked/regular arena as group/solo.

Queue regular warzone as group/solo.

fixed.

/thread.

actually making the solo que for regs, solo ONLY like the rated solo que at the same time as separating arena from the 8v8s would kill 2 birds with 1 stone

How to Improve:

* Learn the strengths and weaknesses of each class. Especially your own.

* Take a leadership role. Discuss who to focus on and what each person needs to do before the match starts. Mark as needed.

* Capture your fights, post them here, and ask for help identifying what you're doing wrong or right.

* Don't give up. Try to learn from every fight.

so since thers no seperate que for Arenas in reg`s. how should a casual like me practise and improve? every time i que for solo ranked i feel sorry for my teammates.

the few times Arenas pop in reg que arent enough to get better. not to mention there are even worse PvPer, in that que, then iam.

why cant we have an unranked Arena que?

What class and build are you?

Here's the key: study good players. Learn what they are thinking and how they act and imitate that until you have your own style. For example, study the recent tofn v. pot5 matches from the PTS ...

http://www.twitch.tv/roudyzor/c/4234068

http://www.twitch.tv/roudyzor/c/4234163

http://www.twitch.tv/itchyeyes05/b/527666248

http://www.twitch.tv/itchyeyes05/b/527675720

Listen to what they are talking about. Watch how they adjust. Watch good streamers ...

http://www.twitch.tv/roudyzor/

http://www.twitch.tv/exilove/

(Can you tell I play a Shadow? :))

How to Improve:

* Learn the strengths and weaknesses of each class. Especially your own.

* Take a leadership role. Discuss who to focus on and what each person needs to do before the match starts. Mark as needed.

* Capture your fights, post them here, and ask for help identifying what you're doing wrong or right.

* Don't give up. Try to learn from every fight.

This has nothing to do with Arenas. You try taking on a group of 4 healers. The format is unbalanced which is why so many people leave it, the moment it pops and that ranked is dead.

What class and build are you?

Sniper (Engineer)... build

current gear

well i know my class in and out, playing it since 2 years now. got all but a Jagg at 55 so at least ive got a clue what they are able to do and when. thats not the Problem.

my biggest issue so far is positioning, stay focus`d and "escape".

mby iam just too used to the open field in WZs. all the brigdes and obstacles in the Arenas layout are giving me a damn hard time. so do all the stealth classes combined with leaping Juggs.

even if there is a healer iam 85% of the time the 1st target (ofc, we, the snipers got no "delay dmg;escape; whatsoever" button).

dont get me wrong that not meant as QQ or nerf this, nerf that. ive no clue how other sniper deal with such situations.

are they rolling and rolling and rolling, how the **** do they dish out dmg?

gotta watch some vids, thers prolly some enlightment

Edited by rlionherz

Bad player as it seems. 2 years playing the class? and you know it in/out allegedly... ?

ive no clue how other sniper deal with such situations.

are they rolling and rolling and rolling, how the **** do they dish out dmg?

:eek:

Engi is the most escape-able of all sniper builds.... engi S-probe is insane.

All this stuff does not add up, it just can't be. Stop living in a dream world, son.

Edited by Seengularity

A greater pool of players would be the single greatest thing I can brainstorm. My rating for Solo Ranked is in the 1100-1299 range. I should not be matched against players in the 2000-2199 range. Consistently, this is the case. I have literally faced the second best sniper and the fourth ranked Marauder multiple times in very recent history. This should NOT be happening--and that's before queue synchronizing and hybrid problems.

Bad player as it seems. 2 years playing the class? and you know it in/out allegedly... ?

:eek:

Engi is the most escape-able of all sniper builds.... engi S-probe is insane.

All this stuff does not add up, it just can't be. Stop living in a dream world, son.

thank you for that info. ye its a nightmare. but still i do believe there is a light at the end of the tunel.

got some tips? iam willing to listen and learn, Dad.

thank you for that info. ye its a nightmare. but still i do believe there is a light at the end of the tunel.

got some tips? iam willing to listen and learn, Dad.

Unfortunately, I don't snipes : (

It's good you came for help, but I'd personally look for help in-game before resorting to the forums. Your resolve seems stronk & there is a light at the end of the tunnel all-right :p

GLUCK

how should a casual like me practise and improve? every time i que for solo ranked i feel sorry for my teammates.

Look you don't know those people. You're going to run into the occassional basement monkey that screams "Go back to regs" because you didn't do something he was trying to get you to do via osmosis of his thoughts to your brain 1000 miles away. Shrug it off. IMHO the only way you learn ranked is to go in and play ranked. Or find some guildies so you can be in voice comms and play with them. Watch what they do and ask them to tell you if you need to do something different.