Bolster bug, if not how is this possible?

Anishor

So I was in a WZ this evening and I came across another player and as my usual nosey self did I inspected him and then I saw something strange that I thought the pvp community could help explain to me.

This is a link to the screenshot : link

In there, you'll see a Vig Guardian is using a 180 hilt and everything else brutalizer. What struck me as odd is..

DMG(Pri): 1556 - 1916

Bonus Damage: 835.7

DMG is hilt base dmg + bonus dmg. Correct?

When I bolster my 180 hilt with the same mods in my lightsaber, I get a different result.

DMG(Pri) 1506-1810

Bonus Damage: 891.1

My Question:

How is the character in the screenshot have a higher damage range if my bonus damage is 55 points higher if we both are using a 180 Might 23 hilt?

Edited by Anishor

So I was in a WZ this evening and I came across another player and as my usual nosey self did I inspected him and then I saw something strange that I thought the pvp community could help explain to me.

This is a link to the screenshot : link

In there, you'll see a Vig Guardian is using a 180 hilt and everything else brutalizer. What struck me as odd is..

DMG(Pri): 1556 - 1916

Bonus Damage: 835.7

DMG is hilt base dmg + bonus dmg. Correct?

When I bolster my 180 hilt with the same mods in my lightsaber, I get a different result.

DMG(Pri) 1506-1810

Bonus Damage: 891.1

My Question:

How is the character in the screenshot have a higher damage range if my bonus damage is 55 points higher if we both are using a 180 Might 23 hilt?

Do you have exactly the same stats as him? I mean, the same amount of power and strength?

So 180 hilt/barrel is BiS now? Bolster working as intended. If it's not blue 46 it's something else. At least 180 hilts cost more than 7 planetary comms.

That's not what I'm saying, when I used to the 180 hilt with the same mod/crystal/enchancement this player did, I wasn't anywhere near his damage listed.

Maybe he had a relic popped.

Was before the start of a WZ, I also confirmed that outside of a WZ his dmg appeared to be what it should be. IE lower my character's due to me having higher bonus damage.

I can't tell because of the inspection bug. However as far as I understand the system, offhand affects your bonus damage.
It has Force power like the main hand, so I assume it might be responsible for the difference.

Was before the start of a WZ, I also confirmed that outside of a WZ his dmg appeared to be what it should be. IE lower my character's due to me having higher bonus damage.

Relics can proc from the heal that occurs at the start of an arena - when the match board switches over into the 30 second "countdown", everyone on the team receives a heal from the system.

This procs relics. Maybe it was a mainstat or power relic?

Or it's another bolster bug. :(

Edited by Uber_the_Goober

Bolster bugged? That's unpossible.

This^^

The Devs are quite happy with the way Bolster is working and they feel it's working correctly...kinda...except for the thread where they were all like "huh...", but otherwise Bolster is functioning exactly as they had foreseen!

Relics can proc from the heal that occurs at the start of an arena - when the match board switches over into the 30 second "countdown", everyone on the team receives a heal from the system.

This procs relics. Maybe it was a mainstat or power relic?

Or it's another bolster bug. :(

If you look at the game clock in the top right it doesn't look like match hasn't hit the 30 second countdown yet

BOLSTER IS STILL BROKEN : I see people rocking greens after a X2 exp weekend, at 55, in a WZ, topping the charts with like 700k dmg in GREENS!!!!

So yep, Bolster is broken still and always will be ~~~ ALWAYS.

:ph_thank_you:

This post gave me cancer.

BOLSTER IS STILL BROKEN : I see people rocking greens after a X2 exp weekend, at 55, in a WZ, topping the charts with like 700k dmg in GREENS!!!!

So yep, Bolster is broken still and always will be ~~~ ALWAYS.

:ph_thank_you:

Actually, I can enter a warzone wearing only a banana hammock and roll with those kinds of numbers.

Not hard to do. Question is, am I accomplishing anything? Heck I can spam a PvE rotation against a guarded healer for a few minutes and get those numbers...but never kill anyone. :)

there is a bug where you get reduced bolster if you equip either a weapon or offhand once you load in. you have to remove both then add offhand, then mainhand i believe.could have that reversed. you can test yourself at the bolsterizer.

You would have to provide your augments and spec etc, he may be taking str augs and+6% str boost where as you may be using power augs.

Gief screenshot of all your stats and but it beside the screenshot you took of him and maybe someone could answer your question, to many variables to give a straight answer atm.