"Mission unsuccessful"!

Xcontentia

Companions getting lazy or has the chance to fail a mission increased? About 1 out of 5 mission is a failure (or whatever). Seems crafting is the biggest credit sink in the game atm..; )

Edit: All companions at max affection; )

Edited by Xcontentia

I'm not aware of the chance to fail increasing.

I do know that Orange missions have a higher change to fail. Are you running any of these? Or just Yellow and below?

Also, approximately how many total missions run and how many total failures? What sort of numbers are we talking about here?

Edited by Khevar

I notice most of my failures come just after advancing a level. I think it may have something to do with that. Maybe when you run your first couple of missions in a new tier your chances of failing are higher. And like someone mentioned, affection makes a difference.

my favorite thing in a world is when Scorpio with her finished story and 1000/1000 affection... fails "Unslicable"

sigh...

I haven't noticed failures being more frequent though, but honestly? I'd rather they didn't fail at all, at least at max affection and max crew skill level :/ personally.

my favorite thing in a world is when Scorpio with her finished story and 1000/1000 affection... fails "Unslicable"

sigh...

I haven't noticed failures being more frequent though, but honestly? I'd rather they didn't fail at all, at least at max affection and max crew skill level :/ personally.

I dont mind failing. I mean, we dont have success at everything we do anyway right.

I dont mind failing. I mean, we dont have success at everything we do anyway right.

yeah... but... I needs mah purple slicing mats and they are not a guarantee from that mission either :/ and slicing missions cost an arm and a leg on my server (I rarely get them from running my own missions :( )

its just a disappointing thing to log back in to.

I just logged in tonight and picked up the crafting missions that I sent my comps out on, no fails at all. Does this mean that missions can't fail, or that I got lucky with who I sent to do what? I even got a critical success on a Treasure Hunting mission. It's just the way the cards fall, sometimes.

RNG is RNG.

If you have something to prove, run 250-500 missions and record the results of every single one. THEN come here and post something. Even running 100 missions might show us a trend.

A 5-data point sample is ludicrous.

Add another 0 to your sample size if you are trying to prove that the RNG is broken.

well as most slicers will tell you, sometimes failing the mission is better than not critting since I'm not sure what I would do with another 99 stacks of those useless level 9 slicing mats that dont sell and i've yet to see a use for and are basically vendor trash @14.5k per full stack.

well as most slicers will tell you, sometimes failing the mission is better than not critting since I'm not sure what I would do with another 99 stacks of those useless level 9 slicing mats that dont sell and i've yet to see a use for and are basically vendor trash @14.5k per full stack.

The secret is not to sell them... but to trade them. In a large guild, people are always looking for mats. Everyone has something someone else wants. So, I stack up tons of stuff and then trade in bulk. I take the items I bartered for and either use them, or sell them for more than what my materials were worth. When sales are bad, bartering is your best friend.