In-guild PVP arenas

Elfa

So, last night my guild had a nice guild night of PVP and fun. We went to the Outlaw's Den and set up in one corner and did a bunch of 2v2 bouts in tiers. The bad part is of course that not only did we have to set ourselves up for interference from others to do so, but in order for us to fight, many of us had to drop guild. After all, you can't actually kill someone in your guild outside of duels.

This made me wonder why in't there a place or a format available for guild based PVP? I mean, we are mostly a PVE guild so I can only imagine how useful this would be to a PVP guild that would be more likely to make use of such a thing for guild night tournaments.

I think that's a great idea and should be tied to the new guild flagships that are supposed to come in around august/September.

Maybe have a practice PvP mini arena on the ship bolster applied, etc.

Edited by Lanzend

Good idea.

Coming from eve, it feels really strange to have an extremely restricted pvp environment. Fellow corporation (guild) members could shoot at each other anywhere, anytime. Well, anybody could shoot anybody, anywhere, anytime, technically - just not without consequences in higher security space.

Anyway, in a game that has zero consequences for pvp death, why can't guild members duel anywhere, anytime? In eve, if you accidentally keep shooting a little too long and blow up your corp mate's ship, he has to go buy a new one with his credits. POOF - it's gone! Although the corp CEO would probably make the offender pay for a new one...:D

TL ; DR: Eve = pew pew anybody, anywhere, anytime with hefty consequences for losing. SWTOR = pew pew only in specified areas under specified conditions with zero consequences for losing. This game is filled with whiny sissies, to be honest. "Oh noes, if I die I have to respawn....with all of my gear intact....no repair fees...WAHH TOO HARDCORE!!" :rolleyes:

This is getting long for a TL ; DR, but... if SWTOR were eve, there would be people running around on fleet and ganking random 55s who are wearing full high-end pve gear, looting the corpse with an alt, LOL'ing about it in chat, then selling the high end pve gear on GTN for profit.

I think that's a great idea and should be tied to the new guild flagships that are supposed to come in around august/September.

That was my hope. Just an area that has a small arena that auto flags you upon entering the ring. A safe place to train new members and hold private tournaments without interference.

That's a good idea. I tend to agree that we need more tools for pvp within guilds. Topics such as this have often arisen in discussion in my guild. So far we've had to resort to using alts to fill in for pvp training, which isn't as practical. I would love to see something like this and hope that maybe it will be included on the guild ships.

That's a good idea. I tend to agree that we need more tools for pvp within guilds. Topics such as this have often arisen in discussion in my guild. So far we've had to resort to using alts to fill in for pvp training, which isn't as practical. I would love to see something like this and hope that maybe it will be included on the guild ships.

I'm trying to do what I can to help the PVP crowd out.

This is something I have really wanted. Our guild is a casual guild with focus mainly on PvE. However we do hold PvP events (such as tournaments and nightly PvP WZs). A lot of our member are turned off by PvP at 55 because of the gear requirement and having to grind another set of gear. So it would be great if we can practice dueling ourselves in-guild and make a fun event out of it. We already have tournaments for single duel, but I would love to see group duel or just pop into an Arena to practice among ourselves.