petition: Remove tattered mystics gear from the game

Bioware why did you have to make tattered mystics gear exactly the same as Battlemaster stalker's/Survior's gear? It's not even a reskin. It is exactly the same. My character worked hard to earn the right to wear this piece of armor. It took a long time to get to valor rank 60. This is total BS. I find this to be really offensive. The tattered mystics gear needs to be removed in the near future. it is nice that it is adaptive and bound to legacy, so I could maybe see keeping this armor piece available for a very limited time. But this armor needs to go in the near future. It is grossly unfair to people who earned valor rank 60. This is pure lazyness. Why couldn't Bioware have given us something new.

And don't give me the excuse that we can now earn pvp rewards with highest rating. Those are nearly impossible to obtain since the game always ques me up with people who don't know how to play and makes me face a team with all players who do. I swear Bioware watches me on a daily basis and puts me on the worst possible team by default.

I found it mildly offensive when they added the Cartel market Korrealis speeders, but atleast they had the sense to make them different colors to make them stand out.

Why did they have to make the tattered mystics gear look exactly the same? Now anyone with lots of credits can buy recovered relics off the GTN then buy this armor. That valor rank one no longer means anything. This is a disgrace. Stop taking our away our gear!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware why did you have to make tattered mystics gear exactly the same as Battlemaster stalker's/Survior's gear? It's not even a reskin. It is exactly the same. My character worked hard to earn the right to wear this piece of armor. It took a long time to get to valor rank 60. This is total BS. I find this to be really offensive. The tattered mystics gear needs to be removed in the near future. it is nice that it is adaptive and bound to legacy, so I could maybe see keeping this armor piece available for a very limited time. But this armor needs to go in the near future. It is grossly unfair to people who earned valor rank 60. This is pure lazyness. Why couldn't Bioware have given us something new.

And don't give me the excuse that we can now earn pvp rewards with highest rating. Those are nearly impossible to obtain since the game always ques me up with people who don't know how to play and makes me face a team with all players who do. I swear Bioware watches me on a daily basis and puts me on the worst possible team by default.

I found it mildly offensive when they added the Cartel market Korrealis speeders, but atleast they had the sense to make them different colors to make them stand out.

Why did they have to make the tattered mystics gear look exactly the same? Now anyone with lots of credits can buy recovered relics off the GTN then buy this armor. That valor rank one no longer means anything. This is a disgrace. Stop taking our away our gear!

No thanks. I'd rather have adaptive gear than gear only one class with a certain rank can wear.

1. All Valor Rank rewards are pretty outdated since Valor is so useless now

2. Even though I hate the lack of rewards for PvP, I still think that adaptive gear is better than class-exclusive gear.

3. Don't blame Bioware for bad luck with Solo queue. Bioware can control the game, not human nature. If Solo queue is so horrible for you, make a team.

1. All Valor Rank rewards are pretty outdated since Valor is so useless now

2. Even though I hate the lack of rewards for PvP, I still think that adaptive gear is better than class-exclusive gear.

3. Don't blame Bioware for bad luck with Solo queue. Bioware can control the game, not human nature. If Solo queue is so horrible for you, make a team.

Valor is not useless, however bioware is starting to make it useless by removing it from stuff.The whole point of it is so we can wear war hero and battlemaster armor shells. They destroyed war hero by removing the rating from rated gear. Now they added gear exactly identical to battlemaster stalkers/survivors. Bioware needs to stop taking our gear away. This is morally wrong.

I agree adaptive gear is pretty awesome. So, why not make all war hero and battlemaster gear adaptive but keep the valor rank? This would be much better.

Edited by watermelonfan

Valor is not useless, however bioware is starting to make it useless by removing it from stuff.The whole point of it is so we can wear war hero and battlemaster armor shells. They destroyed war hero by removing the rating from rated gear. Now they added gear exactly identical to battlemaster stalkers/survivors. Bioware needs to stop taking our gear away. This is morally wrong.

Morally Wrong...

Morally Wrong...

Let me explain. As pvper's we spent countless hours to reach valor rank 60. So, we are rewarded for that with battlemaster gear. By releasing an armor piece exactly identical with no valor rank, you are slapping us in the face. We worked hard for that gear. Now our hard work means nothing.

Edited by watermelonfan

I worked really hard to collect enough relics to purchase Tattered Mystics gear for my toon in 3 days. Why is your work more valuable that the work I did to get my gear? Not to mention Tattered is legacy and so much better. Now sharing my Brutalizer set between my Sentinel and Jugg.

Let me explain. As pvper's we spent countless hours to reach valor rank 60. So, we are rewarded for that with battlemaster gear. By releasing an armor piece exactly identical with no valor rank, you are slapping us in the face. We worked hard for that gear. Now our hard work means nothing.

I worked really hard in the Summer of 2012 to PvP on my Merc to get the War Hero Eliminator Chestguard despite not liking pvp. And now I can use a Rated Version of that Chest on another character without having to go thru an aspect of the game I dislike.

It's called giving players many more options. I will never understand why people want things restricted.

You have the battlemaster armor, isn't that the reward for your hard work?

I worked really hard to collect enough relics to purchase Tattered Mystics gear for my toon in 3 days. Why is your work more valuable that the work I did to get my gear? Not to mention Tattered is legacy and so much better. Now sharing my Brutalizer set between my Sentinel and Jugg.

The relics aren't nearly as hard to get as getting your valor rank to 60. That is why my work is more valuable.You can also buy the relics from the gtn, so you don't really have to work for them since credits are easy to farm in this game.

Edited by watermelonfan

I worked really hard in the Summer of 2012 to PvP on my Merc to get the War Hero Eliminator Chestguard despite not liking pvp. And now I can use a Rated Version of that Chest on another character without having to go thru an aspect of the game I dislike.

It's called giving players many more options. I will never understand why people want things restricted.

We want things restricted because it makes them much more special. If an item is easy to get then it is not special.

Reaching valor rank 60 isn't hard, and getting battlemaster via PVP when it was available didn't even require that for a long time. So, who cares?

Also, asking BW to stop reusing armor models would be like trying to stop the flow of Niagara Falls with a shamwow.

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

We want things restricted because it makes them much more special. If an item is easy to get then it is not special.

Something being special is only special if the person thinks it's special or not. If you stop worry about other people having what you have, you'll be better off.

Does anyone really think people are gonna want to use an armor piece with a valor rank if there's one exactly identical without it? Of course not. People just want it to be easy. No one thinks you should have to work for anything. God forbid. Having restricted items is part of what made this game unique. And Bioware is destroying that because they are too lazy to come up with something new. Its ashame.

Does anyone really think people are gonna want to use an armor piece with a valor rank if there's one exactly identical without it? Of course not. People just want it to be easy. No one thinks you should have to work for anything. God forbid. Having restricted items is part of what made this game unique. And Bioware is destroying that because they are too lazy to come up with something new. Its ashame.

Shenanigans. Every MMO has Restricted Items.

Reaching valor rank 60 isn't hard, and getting battlemaster via PVP when it was available didn't even require that for a long time. So, who cares?

Also, asking BW to stop reusing armor models would be like trying to stop the flow of Niagara Falls with a shamwow.

Have you ever tried to get valor rank 60. If you did you would realize how long it takes. Or maybe it was so long ago you don't remember how long it really takes. Getting it to 60 is no joking matter.

Have you ever tried to get valor rank 60. If you did you would realize how long it takes. Or maybe it was so long ago you don't remember how long it really takes. Getting it to 60 is no joking matter.

If you PVP during leveling phase you hit valor 55 same time you hit your LVL 55. Then some more PVP and your have your valor. Sure not that hard. I used to craft those battle master shells, complete useless now. Still i think it is good to have the set as legacy, not class restricted version.

After getting my main to 50 back in the day it took me precisely two weeks to get valor 60 and that includes dailies and weeklies. So no it does not take long at all.

After getting my main to 50 back in the day it took me precisely two weeks to get valor 60 and that includes dailies and weeklies. So no it does not take long at all.

that is quite a while. And you probably spent a 3 hours each day.

Whether you consider this long or not it is much harder than getting the recovered relics to buy the tattered mystics gear. So this is really unfair.

If you PVP during leveling phase you hit valor 55 same time you hit your LVL 55. Then some more PVP and your have your valor. Sure not that hard. I used to craft those battle master shells, complete useless now. Still i think it is good to have the set as legacy, not class restricted version.

How are they useless? A lot of people like them.

lol....

if you're a pvp'er valor rank 60 is easy to get.

even easier because of valor boosters.