Mathematical ESTIMATE of your pre-launch date

CASLion

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I THINK everything depends on the servers. For example, if they had 100,000 invited today and the servers took the pressure w/o problems they will try to add 150,000 tomorrow. If the servers get a bit unstable they will go down again but if it stills goes problem free they will raise the number again.

So everything depends on their servers, if they can handle big logins everyone might get several days pre-access but if they can't handle it right of the bat some people might have to be happy with 1 day.

How do you and others justify saying this? The was a stress beta where the servers are supposedly capable. And on the 20th more people than the preorders WILL BE LOGGING IN ALL AT ONCE. There is no point to this staggered entrance other than to create demand.

that would suck for the 19th people since they are shutting it down that day for maintenance

Source? I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think it's lame they say people get up to 5 days of early access yet are taking one away. Also an entire day for maintenance? Really?

Source? I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think it's lame they say people get up to 5 days of early access yet are taking one away. Also an entire day for maintenance? Really?

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111213

Not sure how long the down time will be but it'll be going down on the 19th.

Edited by Jaqknife

I'm guessing everyone will be in on 15th cuz I know stuff most people are too stupid to grasp. (and that stuff has been mentioned in several threads already, but people ignore it)

For the LOVE OF GOD! Where is this info, seriously, please link it. I haven't really visited the forums a whole lot up til now when I'd like a decent guess as to when to look to play. So far I've seen a bunch of official vagueness and unofficial, "if you didn't break into the store and ring it up yourself you won't get in!" threads.

For the LOVE OF GOD! Where is this info, seriously, please link it. I haven't really visited the forums a whole lot up til now when I'd like a decent guess as to when to look to play. So far I've seen a bunch of official vagueness and unofficial, "if you didn't break into the store and ring it up yourself you won't get in!" threads.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

It's vague but I would not be surprised if everyone was in by the end of Friday, maybe Saturday if something bad happens. After all they have to bring the servers down on the 19th, and I suspect BW will have everyone pretty much invited before then.

What is funny is, a guy, who has no way to know this information, can give us an estimate that is something like we want, yet, Bioware, who has a schedule like this laid out already, can't post it for us to see. LOL! :rolleyes:

Go ahead and say I have entitlement issues, but, as would alot of people, I would still like to know the plan. Since it is set in stone, and won't change, at the very least, Bioware could say where the last wave ended. (ie: "The last Wave 5 invite was for a pre oreder on 07/23/2011") That lets us know that tomorrow(the next wave) it starts on 7/23 or 7/24. LOL! Communication!!!

45%+ of the preorders occurred after Oct 11 (based off of vgchartz).

Therefore your numbers are way too conservative.

14.5% will get in each day. Orders before Oct 11th will get in on the 16th at the latest.

You are assuming that it will be an even distribution of people on each day. In most of the IT deployments I have done that are over 10-15K users, we ramped up deployment. So it might be 5% the first day, 10% second day, 20% third day and each day after that and a light day on the last day...

We have no idea what their deployment numbers are going to be, so all we can do is sit and wait for our emails. I have two CE preorders in August (19th and 29th) and a digital version in October... so I will get to see several different deployment days. Myself and three of my kids all play, (one isn't pre-ordering), so it will be fun to watch.

Yoda: "Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless."

You are assuming that it will be an even distribution of people on each day. In most of the IT deployments I have done that are over 10-15K users, we ramped up deployment. So it might be 5% the first day, 10% second day, 20% third day and each day after that and a light day on the last day...

We have no idea what their deployment numbers are going to be, so all we can do is sit and wait for our emails. I have two CE preorders in August (19th and 29th) and a digital version in October... so I will get to see several different deployment days. Myself and three of my kids all play, (one isn't pre-ordering), so it will be fun to watch.

Yoda: "Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless."

Brilliant! And the Yoda saying fits us late pre-orders perfectly!!!!!

Too funny!

Impatience leads to anger. Anger leads to nerdrage.

Nerdrage leads to the darkside of the force!

I wanted to be a Jedi but early game access is forcing me to roll a Sith.