Mathematical ESTIMATE of your pre-launch date

CASLion

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ARE YOU CEREAL?!?! You don't get in today, and it is 2 days earlier than they said they were going to start this, and you quit? You need to go and join the boy scouts or something, take a baking class, or basket weaving or something that requires patience man! To everyone who complains about not getting in, I hope your mother runs you over with her minivan.

MISC? You Myrin Brah?

Look... let's say they let in ~150-200k today (which isn't a stretch). They said they would invite MORE tomorrow. That means let's say they invited 250k-300k tomorrow (which also isn't a stretch) they said they would invite the same amount on Thursday.

150-200k the first day

250-300k the second day

250-300k the third day

You're looking at a minimum of ~650k in 3 days using those arbitrary values.

To stretch it out to the 19th (the day before the game releases) they would have to do about 150k a day on average (given 1,000,000 preorders).

Does that seem logical? No. They won't do that. If anything, they did 150k today, tomorrow will be more etc.

ZZZZZZ

Assuming the pre-order numbers tapered off exponentially and the pre-launch continues as successfully as today, some basic math gets the following ESTIMATES.

12/13 - July 21-27

12/14 - July 28 - Aug 10

12/15 - Aug 11 - Aug 29

12/16 - Aug 30 - Sept 21

12/17 - Sept 22 - Oct 17

12/18 - Oct 18 - Nov 16

12/19 - The rest

ESTIMATE

ESTIMATE

Very good. My estimate is more like:

Dec 13th - July 21 - 27

Dec 14th - July 28 - Aug 14

Dec 15th - Aug 15 - Sept 21

Dec 16th - Sept 22 - Oct 28

Dec 17th - Oct 29 - Dec 1

Dec 18th - Dec 2 - Today

Just my guess, but I think everyone will be in before December 19th if all goes well. :)

All my speculation but..

From all the reading and data just a regular person could get their hands on, it seems to me a reasonable sum of people that pre-ordered including digital may land somewhere in 1.3 mil or 1.4. Let's assume 1.3 million pre-ordered and I'm not really good at math so bear with me.

Today we saw roughly 200-250k invites go out. Increased ammount tommorrow to be followed by the next day. So being generous on numbers let's assume 300k tommorrow and 300k the following day, and barring any technical mishaps perhaps another 300k on friday? Would put the finishing number to around 1.15 mil in by friday?

Does this seem reasonable? Or do you think the numbers are too high?

If they are going to slow and low technique, we could have seen 200k today and 250k, which would stretch early acess more evenly across the 7 day EGA.

Would look like 200 (tues) +250 (wed) +250 (thur) +250 (fri) +250 (sat) 1 mil in by saturday, would leave the 300k for sunday or monday or split 150k each day.

The big day in my opinion will be friday night. Roughly around 6-8 est. In my opinion there will be the peak ammount of players on and I think Friday night will dictate how they proceed.

Edited by MyDominion

Tues Aug 15th - 30th

Wed Sept 1st 15th

Thurs Sept 15th - 30th

Friday Oct 1st - 15th

Sat / Sunday Off

Monday Oct 15th - Nov 1st

Tuesday Dec 20th Open launch!

They gave me a warning for my Estimate earlier.. See my sig?

Your estimate is pretty bad.

Tuesday - July 21st - 27th

Weds - July 27th - October 1st

Thursday - October 1st - November 1st

Friday - November 1st - Present

Would be more likely than yours.

Tues Aug 15th - 30th

Wed Sept 1st 15th

Thurs Sept 15th - 30th

Friday Oct 1st - 15th

Sat / Sunday Off

Monday Oct 15th - Nov 1st

Tuesday Dec 20th Open launch!

They gave me a warning for my Estimate earlier.. See my sig?

you're missing large portions of month in your advanced overly complicated mathematical deduction.

Assuming the pre-order numbers tapered off exponentially and the pre-launch continues as successfully as today, some basic math gets the following ESTIMATES.

12/13 - July 21-27

12/14 - July 28 - Aug 10

12/15 - Aug 11 - Aug 29

12/16 - Aug 30 - Sept 21

12/17 - Sept 22 - Oct 17

12/18 - Oct 18 - Nov 16

12/19 - The rest

ESTIMATE

ESTIMATE

It's so sad that the community has to put out posts like this when simple communication from the developer would aleviate so many issues.

I THINK everything depends on the servers. For example, if they had 100,000 invited today and the servers took the pressure w/o problems they will try to add 150,000 tomorrow. If the servers get a bit unstable they will go down again but if it stills goes problem free they will raise the number again.

So everything depends on their servers, if they can handle big logins everyone might get several days pre-access but if they can't handle it right of the bat some people might have to be happy with 1 day.

45%+ of the preorders occurred after Oct 11 (based off of vgchartz).

Therefore your numbers are way too conservative.

14.5% will get in each day. Orders before Oct 11th will get in on the 16th at the latest.

vgchartz are about as accurate as a monkey with a slingshot..

I THINK everything depends on the servers. For example, if they had 100,000 invited today and the servers took the pressure w/o problems they will try to add 150,000 tomorrow. If the servers get a bit unstable they will go down again but if it stills goes problem free they will raise the number again.

So everything depends on their servers, if they can handle big logins everyone might get several days pre-access but if they can't handle it right of the bat some people might have to be happy with 1 day.

isn't that kind of what the betas near the end were for though? To test all this stuff out?

Edited by surfmb

Found this graph in another thread. not sure where it came from or it's accuracy but the sales figures do look right. Tomorrow should see people from august and september get in but there's no way to tell where the cut off would be.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6562/egamin.png

That graph has the earliest invites in 7/11, and then pulls back to 6/11 pre-orders?

Sounds like someone with too much time on their hands