Mathematical ESTIMATE of your pre-launch date

CASLion

Assuming the pre-order numbers tapered off exponentially and the pre-launch continues as successfully as today, some basic math gets the following ESTIMATES.

12/13 - July 21-27

12/14 - July 28 - Aug 10

12/15 - Aug 11 - Aug 29

12/16 - Aug 30 - Sept 21

12/17 - Sept 22 - Oct 17

12/18 - Oct 18 - Nov 16

12/19 - The rest

ESTIMATE

ESTIMATE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming the pre-order numbers tapered off exponentially and the pre-launch continues as successfully as today, some basic math gets the following ESTIMATES.

12/13 - July 21-27

12/14 - July 28 - Aug 10

12/15 - Aug 11 - Aug 29

12/16 - Aug 30 - Sept 21

12/17 - Sept 22 - Oct 17

12/18 - Oct 18 - Nov 16

12/19 - The rest

ESTIMATE

ESTIMATE

45%+ of the preorders occurred after Oct 11 (based off of vgchartz).

Therefore your numbers are way too conservative.

14.5% will get in each day. Orders before Oct 11th will get in on the 16th at the latest.

I'm also betting everyone in by friday, If not, by saturday, tops. That's the good thing in 7 day -up to- time. (people still can't understand that one verse in the sentence)

And I propably will be among the friday/saturday bunch.

But, I can live with that. I've been waiting for this for a very long time. A few more days will not kill me, when I atleast know, I will beat the starting zones before the official release.

My 2 cents.

I suspect you are wrong, I highly doubt that they will leav people for the 19th.

The whole purpouse of moving EGA from 5days before launch, to 7days before launch, was to give the people last in the far end of the que, at least some value for money when it came to EGA.

It would be bad practice to call it EGA, and market it as extensively as Bioware has done, then give some people litterally hours of EGA before the offical game realse.

Edited by Amarious

if they dont let everyone in by friday, the storm will be huge.

I gave up...this is pointless now. I wont be playing past the free month.

ARE YOU CEREAL?!?! You don't get in today, and it is 2 days earlier than they said they were going to start this, and you quit? You need to go and join the boy scouts or something, take a baking class, or basket weaving or something that requires patience man! To everyone who complains about not getting in, I hope your mother runs you over with her minivan.

your date ranges for the 14th, 15th and 16th are way too narrow.

I imagine the graph of preorders vs. time looks like Angel Falls after about mid august.

14th will be 28 Jul - end of august

15th will be the "dead time" - September and october, up till 11 november (ish)

after that it will slow down again as preorders ramped up after the gigantic beta weekends

if they dont let everyone in by friday, the storm will be huge.

I gave up...this is pointless now. I wont be playing past the free month.

Aww, muffin. You didn't get in before the game launched... YET. I don't think the game will need little morons like you who QQ when they don't get their way. You remind me of little kids who throw temper tantrums in the check-out line at the grocery store because they didn't get a candy bar.

I suspect they will have everyone in by friday, I hate to think the weekend would be lost to everyone. My bets are Friday everyone willl be in.

Or saturday by noon. If you thought todays raging was bad imagine the rage of the pre-order people who do not get to play by the end of this weekend.