Another 'Coming Back' Thread

DasHunta

So I've decided to resub after LONG hiatus. Beta tested for a year, played hard at launch but eventually went back to WoW (yea I know). After clearing majority of heroic content in the current tier, I've become quite bored and would like a new challenge. Coming back to SWTOR, what does the gearing situation look like once I hit 55? How long will it be until I can start getting into some Nightmare runs? I'd like to start on some progression ASAP.

Also, is there any sort of transmog system in this game yet? I was looking over new Bounty Hunter tier sets (I'm Powertech) and they are fairly underwhelming. I'd like to keep a traditional BH feel with my armor.

Thanks for any input!

If you play REALLY much I think you can have full min-maxed 180 gear in 1-3 weeks.

Just do all possible Ops and farm creds. (180 gear is the best possible you can get without NiMs)

When you have almost full 180 you can also do HMs I think. Good luck and welcome back:cool:

Orange and purple gear are moddable ones (you can keep them without losing any stats if you update mods)

Also don't forget to augment your stuff, augments help a lot.

Edited by Adaliaya

I was in exactly the same position as the op when I came back into the game about a month or so ago. I had full augmented Rakata back when Campaign gear was on the horizon so that's where I left off.

Depending a lot on the guild you have since most guilds that are somewhat serious doing OPs have DF/DP HM on farm 1-3 weeks is very good estimate. I think it took me three but the guild I am in now (due to old acquaintances) wasn't exactly hurrying towards DF NiM ;)

First thing you want to do is do the couple Oricon missions to get the Oricon set (156 rating, lvl 53), then join some DF/DP Story Mode runs for Arkanian gear, from there to TFB and SV HM for Underworld gear, finally DF HM for your first Dread Forged pieces. Once you have a few you are ready for DP HM. You can get Oriconian belt and bracers via Ultimate Comms they should be the same as Dread Forged itemization wise.

Again depending on the guild you have you may enter DF HM sooner if they can carry you.

I wouldn't enter DF NiM unless you are at least one piece short of full Dread Forged gear.

Otherwise, augment the shells you want to keep the look off (there are a LOT more options now, get ready for some serious browsing). Itemization is still as before: comms gear is endurance heavy, ops gear has set bonus and is usually main/secondary stat heavy. For PT it is a bit worse because a lot of the comms gear you can buy has completely useless stats for PT tanks on the enhancements. Where other classes could actually save up some comms for enhancements PT's options are bit more limited.

In the end it doesn't matter though if you want to enter DF NiM you need the enhancements from Dread Forged gear anyway just like all of us.

Links that helped me:

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/08/swtor-patch-2-0-operation-loot-tables/

EDIT: regarding transmog: nope no system like that but many armor shells are adaptive now meaning they adapt to your armor class. This gives you more freedom to choose a shell you like. For my PT tank I found a look I really liked consisting of pieces from 3 different armor sets.

A good link for SWTOR item previews is:

http://tor-fashion.com/bounty-hunter/

Edited by djdee

I've been playing as preferred since around January (unsubbed November), however I resubbed mainly to finish min-maxing my alts... the price of escrow transfers on my servers GTN made that a bit infeasible and people are gouging credits on a lot of things generally not just the F2P stuff since 2.7 hit.

The more of my own credits I have to spend the better.