Can someone with experience in this game clear this up for me?

Ishagu

I'll be playing on a PvP server with friends. I am concerned with having players form the other side attacking through-out my story experience (I don't go out looking for fights but the fact it can happen does add realism).

Is there many opportunities for player from both sides to meet during story questing or does it only happen in certain sectors?

Thanks

I haven't played on a PvP server yet, but the way that missions and storylines are laid out, I think players will have to go out of their way to get to the starting areas of the opposite faction. You "should" be ok on your first couple of planets, but if you're on a PvP server, being attacked is always a possibility.

I haven't played on a PvP server yet, but the way that missions and storylines are laid out, I think players will have to go out of their way to get to the starting areas of the opposite faction. You "should" be ok on your first couple of planets, but if you're on a PvP server, being attacked is always a possibility.

Yea, rule of thumb is to assume you will be getting attacked every time you leave a city.

If you're not okay with that prospect you really need to be on a PvE server.

End of story.

1st two worlds are safe... from there on out its mostly disputed terretory's i believe (aka WHATCH YOUR BACK!)

^this. Once you get past the first two worlds, you need to keep your head on a swivel. But that is only traveling to your story quest. Most of the actual quests for stories take place in an instance that only you can enter so you are safe in there as well

Edited by Baizak

Yea, rule of thumb is to assume you will be getting attacked every time you leave a city.

If you're not okay with that prospect you really need to be on a PvE server.

End of story.

Every single time???? lol I hope not.

I don't mind coming across enemies but surely the areas are large enough to keep this to a minimum?

I'll be playing on a PvP server with friends. I am concerned with having players form the other side attacking through-out my story experience

PVP happens. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but you should expect some PVP on a PVP server, not all of the story takes place on the safe worlds.

The starter worlds and the capitals are safe.

I am pretty sure that the Promenade area of Nar Shaddaa is a safe haven.

You will probably be safe if you stay within a major faction location on a contested world, but no guarantees. If the Imperials raid Anchorhead, or the Republic raids Mos Ila, on Tattooine, you will have some NPC support, but not any immunity.

But contested worlds are contested. A PvP server exists only for that reason.

If you want to only engage enemies when you want to engage them, then play on a PvE server and flag yourself when you want to PvP or challenge people to duels.

You are also immune to attacks and even buffs while engaged in story mode, i.e. having a conversation with an npc. However, once you're done talking you are fair game again.

^ this. being in a cut scene renders you non-attackable by players or NPCs. now.. does that stop someone from sneaking up on you and waiting for you to be done.. nooooo...

But hey, PVP server.

So... are most people playing on PvE servers?

I've had experiences in the past where playing on a PvE server was a suicide, and you could never interact with the opposite players.

I take it there is no way to turn of PvP on a pvp server? lol