Contemplating 0/33/13

Khevar

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800ZrfcRMdRkf0cZcGbbz.3

While I have no doubt that such a build wouldn't complete with full Assault, it seems that it might be competitive with full Gunnery (and be more interesting than a pure Gunnery rotation).

Combining Cell Charger and High Friction Bolts (with Incendiary Round added to the rotation every 18s) could potentially reduce the number of Hammer Shots needed to keep ammo up. The IR dot won't make up for the lack of DR, but the additional armor pen on HiB + reduced need for HS may very well do so.

Am I just smoking something here? Has anyone tried this and seen if it is effective or just bantha poodoo?

What cylinder you will be using?

If Armor Piercing Cell it is no point to give skill points to SuperHeated Plasma Cell

If SuperHeated Plasma Cell it is no point to give skill points to Cell Charger

If i have tried some other hybrid spec and i didn't feel the change for the better.. it seems like Commandos can't ave hybrids...

What cylinder you will be using?

If Armor Piercing Cell it is no point to give skill points to SuperHeated Plasma Cell

If SuperHeated Plasma Cell it is no point to give skill points to Cell Charger

If i have tried some other hybrid spec and i didn't feel the change for the better.. it seems like Commandos can't ave hybrids...

Its run in Armor Piercing Cell for Cell Charger.

The points in superheated plasma cell are required to get the High Friction Bolts. So think of High Friction Bolts as a 5 point talent where its +6% armor pen per point, and 1.6 heat vented from shooting a burning target per point :p

And I saw someone else here was doing it (I believe it was Kanter, the guy who has that sticky guide for non-AP Assault), and they came to the conclusion that it is better at sustained than gunnery, but worse than assault. And on the other hand, Gunnery is better at burst than this, which is better at burst than full assault :p

Also the Armor Pen for High Impact Bolt in this spec is 100% which is really, really nice.

Edited by TACeMossie

Also the Armor Pen for High Impact Bolt in this spec is 100% which is really, really nice.

i haven't noticed the difference with that..... the full assault hits High Impact Bolt 5-6k more often for me then any hybrid... so i guess the Armor pen. doesn't stack to 100%

i haven't noticed the difference with that..... the full assault hits High Impact Bolt 5-6k more often for me then any hybrid... so i guess the Armor pen. doesn't stack to 100%

Its cause debuffed dummies get 9.1% damage reduction on High Impact Bolt, but Rain of Fire is +9% HiB damage, and Hyper Barrels is +6% HiB damage. Also +30% surge.

Meanwhile, the 0/33/13 gets 100% Armor Pen on High Impact Bolt... and Charged Barrels. So you really need to spam Grav Round for the 0/33/13 to catch up to full assaults HiB's

Only 5-6k?

In PvP my HIBs are 6-8k. Had a 10k one once lol, yay for badly geared people.

And Im no PvE expert by a mile, but I dont think that the extra armor pen on HIB is going to make-up for the damage you lose by not having Demo Round

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Only 5-6k?

In PvP my HIBs are 6-8k. Had a 10k one once lol, yay for badly geared people.

And Im no PvE expert by a mile, but I dont think that the extra armor pen on HIB is going to make-up for the damage you lose by not having Demo Round

You lose burst, sure, but what you get in return is sustained damage.

Its like how the 63's set bonus is better than the 75s set bonus. Resource management.

Can you do a proof of concept by parsing this as you think it should be played alongside Gunnery parses.

I'm not seeing anything better than a wash personally.

Ammo wise you think you're saving 8 ammo/15s but you're locking yourself into a forced use of IR if you want to use HiB.

Damage wise you lose Demo Round and I'm not seeing IR and 30% more armour pen on HiB covering that.

Secondary issues on ammo and damage are what you lost in Combat Medic, the jumbo ammo refill and the 3% crit.

I think a build like This would work better, mainly because the Full Auto reset + HiB reset gel well, it would OFC use Plasma Cell. a tenative rotation would be something like this.

Tech Override > Grav Round > Grav Round > Grav Round > Incend Round > Hammer Shot > Hammer Shot > HiB > Full Auto > (Proc) > HiB > (no Proc) > Charged Bolts > Repeat (though Tech Override probably would not be off CD.)

I've ran a similar spec, which took Hyper Assault Rounds instead of Overclock, but with the new Tech Override changes, i think that Overclock is more DPS. I would be interested to see how good of a DPS this spec can put out, if it's more than Gunnery, or more than pure Assault. I would test myself, but i'm not at my computer that has SWTOR on it.

0/30/16 is an interesting idea as well. Personally I'd rather put the Overclock points in Field Training for damage, or Cell Capacitor if ammo is still an issue.

I tried making a baseline Gunnery parse last night (before trying the hybrid) and I'm ashamed to say I did a rather poor showing. I had switched to Assault right about the time I stopped using the old 4-piece set bonus, and darned if I seem to have turned into a scrub all over again.

Gyro, you're pretty good with the new Gunnery rotation in the 2.7, right? Would you mind posting a parse I can take a look at to see where I'm falling down?

Just as an update. While I myself didn't have a monumental success trying wither 0/33/13 or 2/28/16, I did get a bit more data on it from the dps leaderboard thread.

This is a 3524 hybrid parse (5/28/13)

By comparison, here is a 3473 full Arsenal parse and a 3445 full Gunnery parse.

Loosing the burst for a tiny bit more sustained isn't a great trade-off.

Edited by Khevar