BW/EA you took it from me! =(

armyfreed

You took that inital big thrill away when i would log on and try to get my characters name before the other guy. Now i know that some of my names are probably all but taken now.

You took away that rush of new players where everyone is running around looking for things in a mass cluster F. Now will we even be lucky if there are more than 1k people in our starting cities on launch?

You took from me the classic "I must get to it before you 1st" epidemic everyone loves.

You took away the rush to get to end game that some of us enjoy. Others enjoy watching those get to max lvl and be bored awhile. Now w have a ton of people ahead of everyone else in lvls.. and it sucks.. Not a very fair playing advantage.

You are hurting your in game market to by doing this staggered release crap. Now those that got in early are going to hold the market hostage on some things. I.E. crafting mats i am sure.

Those that got in early got in b/c what they pre-ordered in July? **** my fiance and I just got this for the holidays so i guess we are screwed...I guess now we are going to be the ones starting on the 20th.

You really did a crappy job at starting out. I thought you stress tested the serves with Thanksgiving weekend deal? No? Yes? Now what is this we are seeing, "we are makin sure the servers are stable ad that we don't need to open up more servers than needed BS"? It's a ploy is what me thinks, and if this is the way that BW/EA is planning on doing everything with there customers then i think it will be a short lived trip for you guys. I hope you don't turn out like SOE... I hope not.

At least give us a def when we will get in. B/c those of us waiting are annoyed. IF at least i knew the DAY i was getting in (im talkin early release not the 20th for all those wishing to flame) then over 50% of your customer base could at least accept that. Instead we are left to wounder.. tomorrow will I?

Opposing view.

Most of your arguments are for the sake of epeen. "I want to be first, I'm better than you."

I couldn't care less about any of that. BW's deployment will ensure that when I get access there isn't a 3 hour que, cities so crowded I cannot get anywhere, and no server instability. I have no issues with what they're doing.

if I see one person in game trying to sell a char name they saved to those less fortunate, thats when Ill draw the line.

I dont mind you staggering entry but really, your gonna have people who have all there char slots filled up with "popular" names they dont intend to play.

You took that inital big thrill away when i would log on and try to get my characters name before the other guy. Now i know that some of my names are probably all but taken now.

You took away that rush of new players where everyone is running around looking for things in a mass cluster F. Now will we even be lucky if there are more than 1k people in our starting cities on launch?

You took from me the classic "I must get to it before you 1st" epidemic everyone loves.

You took away the rush to get to end game that some of us enjoy. Others enjoy watching those get to max lvl and be bored awhile. Now w have a ton of people ahead of everyone else in lvls.. and it sucks.. Not a very fair playing advantage.

You are hurting your in game market to by doing this staggered release crap. Now those that got in early are going to hold the market hostage on some things. I.E. crafting mats i am sure.

Those that got in early got in b/c what they pre-ordered in July? **** my fiance and I just got this for the holidays so i guess we are screwed...I guess now we are going to be the ones starting on the 20th.

You really did a crappy job at starting out. I thought you stress tested the serves with Thanksgiving weekend deal? No? Yes? Now what is this we are seeing, "we are makin sure the servers are stable ad that we don't need to open up more servers than needed BS"? It's a ploy is what me thinks, and if this is the way that BW/EA is planning on doing everything with there customers then i think it will be a short lived trip for you guys. I hope you don't turn out like SOE... I hope not.

At least give us a def when we will get in. B/c those of us waiting are annoyed. IF at least i knew the DAY i was getting in (im talkin early release not the 20th for all those wishing to flame) then over 50% of your customer base could at least accept that. Instead we are left to wounder.. tomorrow will I?

exactly what i've been saying, that's the big problem i have with it.. what you described.

that initial experience where everyone is on the same level is something you only get once. it's one of the funnest times in a new mmo.

You just missed the rush.

It happened in July.

If you wanted to be first, you had to be first in line to pre order.

Those who REALLY wanted to name their toon "Assassin","Emolicious", or "Insert Brooding Unintentionally Twilight Sounding Name Here" got that rush when they signed up in July.

While some of his points might be what others consider negative traits, It is something he enjoys, and that is what games are about, having fun, competing and socializing.. he and many others who care about these things already lost the first stage of competion without ever getting to enter the arena... Sure he can compete for future content, but that is at best a few months away...

How ever one point that he raised is something all of us who didn't get in day one, should be concerned about..

The point he made about holding the market hostage is extremly valid.. even in games where people start at the same time, this is a problem.. and I can only imagine the scale of the problem here.

As for the whole "just choose a new server", this could be a valid arguement if:

1: bioware opened atleast 1 or 2 more servers everyday.

2: if they announced those servers, so people actually knew which were new.

I know, theres no way we can get them to change the system now, but It would be foolish of me to not acknowledge when someone is right, and in this case the poster is very much right.. in a way bioware did shoot themselves in the foot.

I just hope it pays of on the 19-20th when servers are going down for two hours, cause you can expect the stress on servers to be just as bad then as it wouldve been if everyone got in today.. Then again I have been wrong before, lets hope I am so again.