2.7 PVE - Pyro or Arsenal

XEEVA

So now that Arsenal has been buffed a little, what is the general opinion on the best End-Game Raiding spec now (Taking into account Utility and DPS)

Currently play Pyro, but want to find out if it is worth spending the time\energy into learning Arsenal

Both easily do enough damage to be a NiM dps.

Was swapping between them during tries on Grob/16 and difference is is very trivial, both well into 3kdps.

Only thing you want to think about is burst damage. Grob for example is so long on one target who cares about burst.

I've clocked myself in one try doing 5000dps for 16 seconds on grob with arsenal which in that period is a full 1000dps higher than our hybrids and marauder, otoh Pyro starts low with dots, climbs to mid 3000's (lack of movement and mechanics allowing) and stays there while Arsenal drops down to a bit lower than Pyro after the initial gigantic burst.

You can drop the long dot start and do a short start burst with Pyro using CGC on Missile Blast but the word efficiently will bug you as short kills may not get you your regen from Railshot and Arsenal is putting much harder hitters on the target whatever you do in a short kill frame while getting its automatic regen all the time.

Either way like I said both do more than enough to pass NiM DPS check. What you're most comfortable with is often best but ideally you should practice both due to various mechanics favouring one or the other.

I haven't had a chance to check out the new changes to arsenal and play on the dummy. I started arsenal, changed to pyro, and now I'm wondering if arsenal will beat it out with less RNG to worry about. Anyone do some tests? Got some new parses?

I haven't had a chance to check out the new changes to arsenal and play on the dummy. I started arsenal, changed to pyro, and now I'm wondering if arsenal will beat it out with less RNG to worry about. Anyone do some tests? Got some new parses?

Technically, Pyro doesn't have any RNG either

• 1 month later...
I've done parses with pyro and arsenal. arsenal always seems to be about 100-200 dps behind pyro for me. Though of course on certain fights (like NiM Draxus) arsenal does a lot better than pyro.

Like people have said, some fights in NiM content favour one spec over the other, but both do more than enough DPS to comfortably clear any of the fights.

Currently in NiM DF I use Arsenal for Draxus, CZ and Brontes (although this is solely for chaff flaring balls) and Pyro for Nefra and Grob and NiM DP on the PTS I use Pyro for all 5 fights, none of which I expect to change when it goes live.

NiM 16m DF I've been

Nefra: Arsenal <- totally irrelevant, bring anything

Draxus: Arsenal <- burst is relevant

Grobthok: Pyro <- only one target all fight

Corruptor: Arsenal <- a lot of target swapping and AOE required

Brontes: Arsenal <- burst required and better defences

NiM 16m DP I've been

Bestia: Arsenal

Tyrans: Pyro <- one target, sustained is relevant

Calphayus: Arsenal <- many burst DPS checks

Raptus: Pyro <- totally irrelevant, bring anything

Council: TBA

You need to know both specs to give yourself the choice.

Edited by Gyronamics