Commando/Mercenary Top 3 Answers

EricMusco

Sages.

Not even close. I get interrupt immunity much more often because of reactive shield...poor sages have a 3 minute cooldown right? Or is it 2? Whatever, mine's less than 40 seconds and the more you shoot me, the faster I get it.

Sage has force speed...I have htl. Mine's 10 seconds, and sages is....2.

I have a lvl 55 sorc. If I thought it would be as fun as my mando, I'd be playing it. It's not, so I don't.

I frequently blow up sorcs. If they're smart, and have a friend help them lock me down while they focus me, I go boom.

All I have to do is a single burst rotation and sages/sorcs go boom unless they have their bubble available.

Don't get me wrong, sorc/sages have a lot of utility potential too...but I just don't see it comparing. Maybe in an arena setting they're better off, but for objective based warzones, mando can outplay sorc/sage any day.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even close. I get interrupt immunity much more often because of reactive shield...poor sages have a 3 minute cooldown right? Or is it 2? Whatever, mine's less than 40 seconds and the more you shoot me, the faster I get it.

it's around 1min for TK

No

If a warzone was about thumping trapped solo Sages then COMMANDO BEATS SAGE might make sense.

Sages have a larger toolkit especially in CC, are more agile and both benefit the team and gain benefit back much more than a Commando.

Damage is equivalent between skilled players of each class with Sages having two viable PVP dps options and some variety in hybrid choices.

If a warzone was about thumping trapped solo Sages then COMMANDO BEATS SAGE might make sense.

Sages have a larger toolkit especially in CC, are more agile and both benefit the team and gain benefit back much more than a Commando.

Damage is equivalent between skilled players of each class with Sages having two viable PVP dps options and some variety in hybrid choices.

I see more sage/sorc in arenas owning that mandos - I see more mandos in wz's.

I'd say that illustrates the playerbase's preference, and maybe it's because of a lower skillcap, I don't know. But for me, I prefer what the mando has to offer to a regular warzone. For me, it works better. And I enjoy the class enough that I am going to be fighting my way through ranked to try and figure out a viable way to run this mando and gain some rating in season 2.