Let us spawn our other characters in our Strongholds

Saito_Hiraga

It will never be in SWTOR because "too many work with programm code" + housing systes just a way to drain credits and real money from players so each of your toons must buy their own personal home, like damned starfighter.

Of course - its a good idea like other 80% ideas in this suggestion box, but EA will never agree with any good idea, only with money draining idea. So you can be shure what they will make Pazaak and will trade rare gold cards-transformers (all double colored + - cards like in SWTOR 2) in cartel market. Because it making money. All characters in your house not making money.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Definitely excellent photo pic oppurtunities.

I wish they would also make it that when spawn other companions in your stronghold that they don't turn up as holos. I would love to take some pics of Kira and Kaliyo together clearly.

Also what would be cool if they make furniture interactable, like having your characters or companions actually sit in chairs, work at tool benches or drinking at bar.

• Like 1

i know its a old thread about it.

but its a good suggestion.

if there use the same thing that we now have with or companions when we put then in the stronghold then do the same thing for or chars.

but then you see then in holo state with there own gear what there have.

then a stronghold will be looking more nicer and you have then you can make more theme's in your strongholds.

then you have companions and class chars in your stronghold.

and maybe this can also work good with the family tree features that has now noting so far i know?

1. I think it's odd how companions will be holocalls if their respective player is offline. (Plus they revert to their initial appearance; disregarding current gear and customizations.) If we're going to have cross-faction companions in the same room, might as well allow them into the same room. My suggestion is that we have the choice over how the companions are displayed during placement. Permanent holocall, permanently present, or only present if the respective player is online (absent if the player is offline), or the current present if online holocall if offline.

2. If we have the companions from across the legacy practically in the same room, might as well take the next step and allow alternate characters to be present as well. At the very least, same-faction alts should be permitted. When logged in as said character, then obviously they become absent as stronghold decoration. But when logged off the character and onto an alt, they resume their position back in the stronghold.

3. Animation/stances. For example, my sage has Zenith and Iresso standing in the hall, facing eachother. Tharan is standing by the Kurtob Alliance, and Qyzen is facing a Subteroth in the corner, as though it were vermin that he was trying to catch. [Example]. Some of the poses seem okay enough, but I think it would be better if we can specify on poses or animations for them. Such as argument, conversation, using a tool, reverse engineering, meditating, sitting, sleeping, or so on. Thus, the companions I have set about can have more lively positions to fill, such as a pair talking, have one out in the garage, tinkering with one of the speeders, or just napping on the bed. This can also apply to the alternate characters suggestion #2 puts forth, so the artificer alt can be at the saber forge, just tinkering with a lightsaber. Or a bounty hunter alt can be on the couch, just reclining after a day's work, or the sorcerer alt meditating by a holocron.

Those are some suggestions I've been pushing forward for a while. Do you concur?

• 6 months later...

Everyone who replied to this thread has loved the idea. I'm sure BioWare employees who've seen this have thought it's a good idea.

Everyone thinks it's a good idea.

Bioware... make it happen please! :)

Edited by Hawk_IV

Something like this has been suggested multiple ways over multiple threads. They should finally catch on and implement it. I, personally, would also like the ability to assign specific animations to placed characters and companions ... and also to pick who is present and who is holocalling, and such.

Since you guys are developing a Housing system I want to suggest an idea that has total and absolute sense for our characters.

Why something like this must be in this housing feature?. A simple reason "Our Legacy" some of us are married to people we are never ever seen together with, god knows if our toons even know they have spouse.

Other have siblings, allies, rivals and even a child they've never heard of. And lets avoid talking about were in the galaxy are they when we are logged out from them.

What I propose is to let us summon some of them on our strongholds (if not all, at least 8 simultaneously could be awsome)

And let us choose some room where they are going to be and maybe some animation list for them to be doing, like meditating, walking around the room or hallway, training with their blades, guns or force powers, checking maps, holocoms and datapads, sitting somewhere, etc. (Also a command to make them follow you around your house could be awsome).

That way our spouse, child, siblings, allies, etc. can have an actual space in your played character's life, that would made them feel more real in the game, letting us know that they stay in our houses while we are out and being that the reason we are not seen outside with them.

Please, this is something a housing system totally must have.

If you guys agree with this I beg you to comment and support this idea...

I WANT this too!

AND I NEVER understood the STUPID LIMIT of "X number of Companions" in our strongholds (I forgot the number which X is standing for) -- WHY is there a maximum amount of NPCs which we can place inside them? THEY DO NOTHING anyway!?!?

SO WHY is there a limit on those kinds of personnel??

I WANT this too!

AND I NEVER understood the STUPID LIMIT of "X number of Companions" in our strongholds (I forgot the number which X is standing for) -- WHY is there a maximum amount of NPCs which we can place inside them? THEY DO NOTHING anyway!?!?

SO WHY is there a limit on those kinds of personnel??

I guess the limit is because adding lots of IA's on the same place can cause some performance issues due to the game engine trying to read and run all their animations and codes at the same time.

• 8 years later...