2v2 Is All This Game Can Really Support

DkSharktooth

Aside from solo que, 2v2 ranked Is All This Game Can Support. I think it should be implemented into pvp for ranked. Add exceptions to double healer, tank/healer, hybrid but full tank/healer comps from queing.

Edit: Add a debuff after 60seconds to prevent stealth from being trolls and afk for 5 minutes till acid. Don't remove 4v4, those will randomly happen at times, 2v2 will be much better suited for the swtor population and easily implemented as an addition to current ranked availability and can even replace the dreaded yolo solo que ranked if its ever removed.

/Discuss

Edited by DkSharktooth

Agreed. How do you propose they alter the maps to accommodate this?

- Shrink the maps

- Do nothing, people will move in to engage regardless of size

- Something else

Step1: Fix notorious makeb lag problems

I like the map size how it is.

Edited by DkSharktooth

idk bro i think that could work for the next week or two but i suspect after that the game will only have maybe 2-3 people queueing so they may have to reduce arena to 1v1. maybe warzones could be dropped down to 2v2 or 3v3 as i could see some pvp guilds participating in those.

Aside from solo que, 2v2 ranked Is All This Game Can Support. I think it should be implemented into pvp for ranked. Add exceptions to double healer, tank/healer, hybrid but full tank/healer comps from queing.

Edit: Add a debuff after 60seconds to prevent stealth from being trolls and afk for 5 minutes till acid. Don't remove 4v4, those will randomly happen at times, 2v2 will be much better suited for the swtor population and easily implemented as an addition to current ranked availability and can even replace the dreaded yolo solo que ranked if its ever removed.

/Discuss

It would be a dream come true. Simply not enough good tanks in the game for one to sustain a 4v4 based gametype. Furthermore its the issue of populations, pops, skill differential inbetween players and peek times...

4v4 is a lot of fun and I want to keep it in the game but still - a 2v2 queue would be better for the game than a solo queue one. You really dont need to limit the roles queueing by spec etc - leave it free.

I'd like for this to happen.

I wish for this to happen!

Ranked is never going to be successful. You can bribe people to queue with Rancors, but that's not sustainable.

Its a niche indeed, cant argue with that. However said niche is not going to go away anytime soon because the PvPers that do play would play a lot. Surely its going to be the same names over and over but unfortunately thats how it is already - this would be a QoL fix making sure that

1) Easier to jump into ranked since you only need one friend

2) No need for as big of a queue pool

3) Compositions...

Its not ideal, but then again, the PvP scene of the game is dying (dead?)... Might as well realise that and put it on life support.

Edited by AdamLKvist

How healing is balanced atm, it has to be atleast 3v3, with 1 healer 2 dps as the basic setup, since 1 healer should be easily able to outheal 1 dps, even if he is facetanking them.

I dont agree.

2 DPS can win vs 1 Healer + 1 dps

1 Healer + 1 Guard deals low damage so might lose vs DPS that can offheal x2 sorc or x2 merc

Inc. 1v1 warzones. :rak_03: Nightmare Mode PvP.

Shadows have never been more frightening :D

Though, surprisingly, 4 shadows in arena is perhaps one of the worst combos out there... Almost as bad as 4x scoundrel

:rak_03:

I dont agree.

2 DPS can win vs 1 Healer + 1 dps

1 Healer + 1 Guard deals low damage so might lose vs DPS that can offheal x2 sorc or x2 merc

2 DPS vs 1 Healer + 1 DPS might work somehow, but the team in the healing combo will still have a huge advantage. Dont really see the 2 DPS team winning, when playing against "equally" skilled players.

And what will happen with 1 DPS + 1 Healer vs 1 DPS + 1 Healer. Most of these match-ups will probably end in the acid.

2 DPS vs 1 Healer + 1 DPS might work somehow, but the team in the healing combo will still have a huge advantage. Dont really see the 2 DPS team winning, when playing against "equally" skilled players.

And what will happen with 1 DPS + 1 Healer vs 1 DPS + 1 Healer. Most of these match-ups will probably end in the acid.

3v3 would end up in acid as you'd have comps with heal tank dps.

2v2d itll be heal + tank getting tunneled or unguarded heal + dps vs X + X...

An unguarded healer vs 2 dps that can keep a dps of above 1k whilst controlling is going to splat said healer into pieces. All the instacasts in the world cant save even an operative from that amount of damage.

Edited by AdamLKvist

3v3 would end up in acid as you'd have comps with heal tank dps.

2v2d itll be heal + tank getting tunneled or unguarded heal + dps vs X + X...

An unguarded healer vs 2 dps that can keep a dps of above 1k whilst controlling is going to splat said healer into pieces. All the instacasts in the world cant save even an operative from that amount of damage.

Maybe not all the instacasts in the world, but the DPS peeling for the healer probably can help you stay alive. Remember, you dont need to stay alive for ever, just until your dps got the first kill.

OFC 3v3 would only work well with 2 DPS 1 Healer

2v2 would be ok, but I have to ask the OP why he thinks its a bad idea for healer/tank Qs. Seems like the best team imo.

Sure, you probably will have a lot of stalemates, but BW could potentially add fire traps and acid pits to assist with this. Or perhaps a moving arena where you have to be able to jump on moving objects, such as the fight in Episode 3 between Anakin and Obi-Wan.

But if we are going to do this, I suggest bringing back 8v8 Ranked. 4v4 gets old in a hurry as there is nothing to do but kill the other team. I like playing objectives and I know I'm not the only one.