Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

TaitWatson

If she uses it I will, but I would like to see if she's into it first.

There are Escrow that can be purchased but note you need to have the credits in escrow to be able to use it:

600k---240 cartel coins

150k- 80 cartel coins

50k- 40 cartel coins

This is under the consumable tab in the cartel shop.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say that I'm impressed with the bonus coins and access features for subs...and the fact that a lot of this player housing stuff can be obtained through credits and crafting. Seems like they may finally be striking the right balance between adding some cosmetic features through the CM but not pushing every aspect of a new feature through the CM.

However, I am more than a little disappointed that BW continuously brushed aside all calls for player housing ("you already have player ships...we consider that you're housing"), legacy banks ("they are too hard to program"), and guild capital ships ("that's way down on our priority list") and then these all miraculously pop up out of nowhere. The amount of effort spent on the forums constantly suggesting these things, asking why BW can't or won't do them, ranting about them, crying about not having them, etc. was pretty substantial. Most of that could have easily been avoided. Not sure why they would take this kind of approach with their customers. Maybe there's some research out there for MMO games that shows that customers will like you better if you claim you can't deliver on stuff and then introduce it out of the blue instead of telling the customers that it is in the works and then delivering on it.

The whole new species thing has been getting the "we're looking into" brush-off since the Cathar came out and sold like hotcakes. I hope this means that any day now an announcement about a new species is going to pop up out of the blue....because the dev comments have suggested that they haven't even begun working on a new species other than discussing options. So hopefully they are well down that path as well and just being secretive for some sort of surprise announcement.

Gotta say that I'm impressed with the bonus coins and access features for subs...and the fact that a lot of this player housing stuff can be obtained through credits and crafting. Seems like they may finally be striking the right balance between adding some cosmetic features through the CM but not pushing every aspect of a new feature through the CM.

However, I am more than a little disappointed that BW continuously brushed aside all calls for player housing ("you already have player ships...we consider that you're housing"), legacy banks ("they are too hard to program"), and guild capital ships ("that's way down on our priority list") and then these all miraculously pop up out of nowhere. The amount of effort spent on the forums constantly suggesting these things, asking why BW can't or won't do them, ranting about them, crying about not having them, etc. was pretty substantial. Most of that could have easily been avoided. Not sure why they would take this kind of approach with their customers. Maybe there's some research out there for MMO games that shows that customers will like you better if you claim you can't deliver on stuff and then introduce it out of the blue instead of telling the customers that it is in the works and then delivering on it.

The whole new species thing has been getting the "we're looking into" brush-off since the Cathar came out and sold like hotcakes. I hope this means that any day now an announcement about a new species is going to pop up out of the blue....because the dev comments have suggested that they haven't even begun working on a new species other than discussing options. So hopefully they are well down that path as well and just being secretive for some sort of surprise announcement.

Better to be pessimistic until you're SURE that you can do what you say. By downplaying the chances of these things happening, they can surprise the crap out of us in a good way.

And if they'd played 'up' the chance of these things happening..and something had gone wrong and they couldn't deliver, then riots would ensue and people would quit the game in despair and fury.

Better to be cautious about what you can do until you're sure you can deliver. That's just business.

There are Escrow that can be purchased but note you need to have the credits in escrow to be able to use it:

600k---240 cartel coins

150k- 80 cartel coins

50k- 40 cartel coins

This is under the consumable tab in the cartel shop.

Thank you, and apparently if I buy $5 worth of CC's just once she becomes preferred and her credit limit goes up to $350,000, problem solved.

Thank you, and apparently if I buy $5 worth of CC's just once she becomes preferred and her credit limit goes up to $350,000, problem solved.

If you're curious, go check out Amazon's time cards. They're regularly on sale and you can get a good deal on a subscription even cheaper than $15 a month.

Just when I started to get slightly bored of the current content you release this :) all I can say is Bioware you have outdone yourself. I can't wait to give my trooper a apartment of coruscant where he can relax after a tough mission. And guild ships just blew my mind. Thank you so much bioware. I think I'll be keeping my sub going for a long time. Keep up the amazing work :D

Excellent that they are adding the Guild Capitol ships finally. A welcome addition. I also like the Legacy storage - as long as I don't need a "stronghold" to access it. The rest of the junk ... meh. Amazing they can waste that much effort on housing, but can't spend anything on extending class stories.

Just goes to show... never say never. Stay optimistic because cool things do happen.

And better for them to be non-committal about these things. If they say they want to do it, it becomes a "promise." Then, if something goes wrong in development and they can't do it, they "broke their promise," are "incompetent," or it's just a slap in the face.

There's a reason why we don't get to know what they think would be cool to do. Just look around here.

While this "expansion" will be mostly unused by me, I am still surprised to see what BW is doing with it. This gives me hope that they will actually continue class stories in the future. The players want them and if BW can waste the resources on all this housing crap then they sure as hell can get the resources together to do class stories. Too expensive my arse. If they can go to this kind of level to deliever housing then they can deliver stories.

While this "expansion" will be mostly unused by me, I am still surprised to see what BW is doing with it. This gives me hope that they will actually continue class stories in the future. The players want them and if BW can waste the resources on all this housing crap then they sure as hell can get the resources together to do class stories. Too expensive my arse. If they can go to this kind of level to deliever housing then they can deliver stories.

You realize that class stories ended on Corellia, right? Which also means, content that was released, at release, already had the direction of faction-based stories following the end of the class-based ones. The decision is as old as the game.

Shhhhh! Don't jinx it!

You realize that class stories ended on Corellia, right? Which also means, content that was released, at release, already had the direction of faction-based stories following the end of the class-based ones. The decision is as old as the game.

Everything is subject to change.

The player Strongholds look very nice! I'm intrigued. :)

I've been indifferent to player housing. This is my first MMO. I have no reference point about player housing. I was thrilled (still am) when my characters get their ship. Their ships have been their "housing." The video has me curious about the Stronghold. I'm looking forward to them.

I'm excited about the Legacy Stronghold Storage. Hopefully, it will have multiple tabs, like the Cargo Bay. Someplace to keep, and access, crafted, Legacy, or unbound items by all the characters on my legacy. That would be so sweet!

And, crafting things for Strongholds. I like it!

I can't think of an Imp planet other than Dromund Kaas where I'd like a Stronghold. I think a Stronghold on Republic Taris could be fun. Homesteading in the bombed out wreckage. Taking shots at Rakghouls, because I've only killed a few thousands of them, so far. :p Finding interesting things in the surrounding lands to decorate the Stronghold. Rakghoul skulls. Pottery. Rakghoul pelts. Old statues and artwork. Stuffed Rakghouls in fearsome poses. Maybe some flowers by the front entrance, for a spot of color. Lol. :D

Edited by Nmyownworld

Well next year we get Pazzak and swoop bike raceing so maybe 2 years from now.

I have a quick question. Will we have to purchase this expansion like we did for Rise of the Hutt Cartel?? Or will subscribers automatically get this expansion free??? If someone could let me know it would be much appreciated.

Same as GSF, free but subs/prefered get early access.

I have a quick question. Will we have to purchase this expansion like we did for Rise of the Hutt Cartel?? Or will subscribers automatically get this expansion free??? If someone could let me know it would be much appreciated.

This one will be free.

There will be a much larger expansion coming later this year, closer to December and that one will likely cost you some money to get, even as a subscriber.

Galactic Strongholds FAQ:

"Customize and expand your Strongholds to show off the power of your Legacy in the new Free-to-Play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Expansion, GALACTIC STRONGHOLDS."

The Stronghold expansion is free.