Watch New Galactic Strongholds Announcement Trailer

TaitWatson

Looking at the cost of unlocking rooms on Nar Shaddaa(mentioned 1.5mil for unlocking 3 rooms), I can't see a Guild Ship being anywhere near 100mil.

I'd say 5mil, maybe 10mil.

5 mil before unlocking any features.

That's pleasant thinking, but that seems low. Rooms in a house are meant to be unlocked by one player. Guilds can have up to 500 members.

Say they want to make it half as much as the housing costs we know but they target guilds of 30 members. That would be 22.5 mil. And that still seems low.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric,

Do you know if players will have to rerun operations they have previously cleared in order to pick up trophy drops for their Personal Strongholds, or will the game be able to automatically grant them based on their legacy achievements?

Thank you.

Will player housing be phased, or will it actually be reachable via the open world? I understand the enormous space concerns in building MMO terrain and such, but the whole point of player housing is to evoke a sense of bustling city/town where everyone has their own unique slice. If everyone just walks through the same green wall planet-side and disappears from the shared reality of the game, then there really won't be much point to housing beyond a customizable version of our starships.

Where the actual gameplay content? Getting to earn credits and lootdrops for an instance I'll visit less than 10 times is not gameplay content to me..

Will we see new skills? New levelcap? Alternate Advancement options? Anything like that? Or is this just a big ol' moneysink patch?

That's pleasant thinking, but that seems low. Rooms in a house are meant to be unlocked by one player. Guilds can have up to 500 members.

Say they want to make it half as much as the housing costs we know but they target guilds of 30 members. That would be 22.5 mil. And that still seems low.

Well, every effort they make with guilds in mind always seem to mention that guilds require, at minimum, 10 members.

I see them continuing that approach by making it accessible by all guilds, even tiny ones.

THAT SAID, how about a list of ships, each more expensive than the last?

WTB HARROWER CLASS GUILD SHIP, 100 million credits, pls and ty.

Where the actual gameplay content? Getting to earn credits and lootdrops for an instance I'll visit less than 10 times is not gameplay content to me..

Will we see new skills? New levelcap? Alternate Advancement options? Anything like that? Or is this just a big ol' moneysink patch?

Take a deep breath, boyo. This is the GSF-sized expansion, not the Makeb-sized expansion.

Two parts of the article is alittle confusing.

MOVE INTO NAR SHADDAA EARLY: Be a Subscriber by May 11th to receive a luxurious NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE STRONGHOLD with THREE ADDITIONAL ROOMS UNLOCKED – a value of 1,500,000 Credits

Here: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20140319

But

NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE STRONGHOLD (Value: 250,000 Credits)

Here: http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds

Is a different value. A few guildies and I have been trying to do the math. Is 250k the cost of a basic Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace (with the room unlocks at 500k) or are the Sky Palaces priced at about 75k (with the room unlocks at about 83k )?

People are asking for housing and guild ships since launch, and you come here with ur useless complains.

Show urself out. :cool:

Good to see this finally coming after people have been asking for this for 2+ years. :cool:

Though they could have at least tried to hide the fact that this is the next grind to distract players. :rolleyes:

Are you still here? Lol!

So are people going to be able to access fleet chat from their homes? Cuz really I see the majority never actually hanging out in their homes and still spending most of their time on the fleet since that is where all the recruiting for op runs and stuff goes on.

Most advertising anymore is done in player made custom channels on my server.

People are asking for housing and guild ships since launch, and you come here with ur useless complains.

Show urself out. :cool:

I, for one, am extremly excited for Guild Flagships.

I wonder though. They did say there are two expansions this year (one size of Makeb, one size of GSF). With 2.8 being called the biggest patch to date, would this be the size of Makeb's expansion?

Two parts of the article is alittle confusing.

But

Is a different value. A few guildies and I have been trying to do the math. Is 250k the cost of a basic Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace (with the room unlocks at 500k) or are the Sky Palaces priced at about 75k (with the room unlocks at about 83k )?

I understand it as the basic Sky Palace costs 250k, and the 3 rooms cost together 1,250k (guess there might be differenced sized roomes which do not cost all the same).

Will player housing be phased, or will it actually be reachable via the open world? I understand the enormous space concerns in building MMO terrain and such, but the whole point of player housing is to evoke a sense of bustling city/town where everyone has their own unique slice. If everyone just walks through the same green wall planet-side and disappears from the shared reality of the game, then there really won't be much point to housing beyond a customizable version of our starships.

In both SWG and LotRO, the only two games I played while non-instanced player housing was active, the housing zones were anything but "bustling" after the first month or so.

In SWG, if there was a good crafter in the neighborhood, people bee-lined to that house and then left. In LotRO, even that wasn't an option.

I like the "bustle" in the main areas of Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant. DK seems a bit sedate though.

I, for one, am extremly excited for Guild Flagships.

I wonder though. They did say there are two expansions this year (one size of Makeb, one size of GSF). With 2.8 being called the biggest patch to date, would this be the size of Makeb's expansion?

Nope. I'm betting the next one, closer to December will be the Makeb-sized one.

Interesting it looks like you can place NPCs inside your strongold.

Assuming you want a bunch of strangers in your flat. :p

Perhaps they come with "features". You buy and upgrade them to get some mats every 24h or something. Or perhaps they're there just for the trailer decoration so it doesn't look empty =P

Well, every effort they make with guilds in mind always seem to mention that guilds require, at minimum, 10 members.

I see them continuing that approach by making it accessible by all guilds, even tiny ones.

THAT SAID, how about a list of ships, each more expensive than the last?

WTB HARROWER CLASS GUILD SHIP, 100 million credits, pls and ty.

Seems like a future goal rather than initial release, but still a tenable and probable one. :D

Although a feature like this would certainly be pretty awesome, it is not what "trophies" will do in your Stronghold. The video was more to imply that you can earn awesome rewards for your house by killing things :rak_01:

-eric

Just wondering, will the rewards be given to those that already have killed stuff in the pats( by method of our achievements)? Or do we have to start from scratch?

A substantial question: Many players already have their ships fitted out with a number of unlocks, from Guild Bank to GTN Terminal. That makes them, well, possible to "live in", as opposed to living on the fleet as usual.

What will be done to allow players to similarly live in their strongholds? Will these come with key convenience features as standard, or will ship unlocks transfer (I guess not), or will these have to be purchased separately?

Currently, there's just far too many essential features available only on the fleet to live anywhere else.

Good to see this finally coming after people have been asking for this for 2+ years. :cool:

Though they could have at least tried to hide the fact that this is the next grind to distract players. :rolleyes:

Who's grinding what? I could sneeze a fully expanded personal house right now.