Please help a returning player-bodyguard,arsenal or pyro??

R-Syn

I'm so confused...since creating my char I was going for arsenal. Then I have been spmming kuat drive mission and my heals weren't very strong. So I respeced to bodyguard and found that my heals were decent but my defense was lacking. So now Im respecced to pyro and gonna try that tonight. Im lvl 39, can I get some advice on how I should approach this? I dont mind being a healer but am I doing something wrong? Or is pyro the way to go? PvE that is.

for PvE, Healers are very much wanted, i would look for a Bodyguard/Combat Medic guide on the forums, Combat Medic is the Bodyguard spec for Commando's so, same stuff applies.

if you dont want to heal, play Pyro, they can deal near 4k DPS over time, though you will want a guide for Pyro spec to deal that much damage.

I'm so confused...since creating my char I was going for arsenal. Then I have been spmming kuat drive mission and my heals weren't very strong. So I respeced to bodyguard and found that my heals were decent but my defense was lacking. So now Im respecced to pyro and gonna try that tonight. Im lvl 39, can I get some advice on how I should approach this? I dont mind being a healer but am I doing something wrong? Or is pyro the way to go? PvE that is.

Alright.. I'm going to split it up a bit.

-When you're specced as a DPS (Arsenal in this case) you're not expected to heal. So don't bother with it. Because you're specced for a DPS which boosts your damaging abilities, not the healing ones.

- That depends the way you build your spec. I can take more hits then an Arsenal merc would

- Being a healer, your only job is to keep people alive. In a FP you shouldn't even worry about taking damage as that is the tank his job (surely it happens sometimes, but you'll manage).

-Pyro is the way to go if you want to DPS. I personally prefer playing as Arsenal because that's the spec I know. But it's just a fact Pyrotech does more DPS than an Arsenal Merc.

Thanks so much, here's what I did this week:

I usually do Arsenal, like you, Im more familiar with it. I spent the creds to get the field respec, and went bodyguard for a few FP, here's my issues:

It seems my cooldown is so long and my heals oren't very effective that it was very difficult trying to throw heals, kolot missile, heal another, etc. etc.

And I still couldn't understand the effectiveness of supercharged gas, now again Im lvl42.....and I would love to be a healer because they seem to be needed, am I doing something wrong?? I'll look for a thread on healing but just wanted to see if anyone has any advice.