Sooo...Traditional Jedi Robes?

Lovethebeard

It's seriously beyond the point of what we want. We have asked and repeated said what lore and what we see is lore/canon. BW just keeps giving out what they want. Not from what they said about it being "our" game. They even said they will not release the obi wan style even though we have all said we want and would pay for it off of the CM market and they keep saying SOON-tm Edited by Stridentzephon

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of sad how the community has to practically beg for proper jedi robes in a Star Wars game.

It almost makes you think that BW wishes this wasn't a Star Wars game. They'd save a hell of a lot of money in royalties.

Hopefully, the new story arc starting in 2.7 will bring back more of a Star Wars feel. The Dread Masters have certainly run their course, IMO.

And another thing that bugs me, BW is dangling two mythical "traditional" Jedi armor sets in a Star Wars game; yet how different types of containment / quarantine armor do we need? To the best of my recollection, we have at least 63 different types of containment gear.

Either the demand is not there, which I doubt or they're saving it for a rainy day, namely a time period where they'll be able to take advantage of those robes' release in a more meaningful fashion.

The demand is there. In the OP I quoted Eric Musco on the topic that was posted last year. He knows what we want, he has the answers and he will deliver, but the question is when?

You Sir nailed it,

I am feeling nailed every time there is a cartel update and they just add another bunch of hunter/trooper/spy reskins. :'[

Like, seriously. What's the problem here? What's the reasoning behind not putting them into a Star Wars game?

On the second note, my friend (rather trustworthy) says that they're pretty much done (Jedi robes) for a while now. They're stalling the release until around May when the first teasers of new Star Wars movie will show up. They're counting for the influx of Jedi wannabe kids downloading TOR and buying some Jedi robes then.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I am feeling nailed every time there is a cartel update and they just add another bunch of hunter/trooper/spy reskins. :'[

Like, seriously. What's the problem here? What's the reasoning behind not putting them into a Star Wars game?

On the second note, my friend (rather trustworthy) says that they're pretty much done (Jedi robes) for a while now. They're stalling the release until around May when the first teasers of new Star Wars movie will show up. They're counting for the influx of Jedi wannabe kids downloading TOR and buying some Jedi robes then.

I wish they would just release something so people would shut up about the minute detail differences already...

and the wait goes on..

LOL.

/signed.

Really want to see what these look like when/if they come.

I'm not holding my breath on just how "traditional" they will be. i.e shoulder pads? hmmm.. gotta love that retro look..

Devs should wake up, there are more mmos on the way based on famous franchises and players can easily find familiar things in there. Look at the upcoming ESO. Number of armor sets just screams "NOSTALGIA".

Star Trek Online has like all uniforms to buy from all new and old movies and shows.

Star Wars Galaxies had traditional Jedi robes, even though lore wise wearing them would be like marking yourself for a kill.

World of Warcraft lets us (after mogging) to effectively wear stuff that looks like it's taken from Warcraft 3.

Please, name me any other mmo based on a popular franchise in which we can't find, honestly, the most iconic character clothing. It's lack is not even justified by lore because this design was timeless. Thousands of year old, hence I use the word "traditional", because when we say the word "Jedi" we all get a picture of this guy wearing a brown robe with long sleeves over a white or sandy "kimono".

It's even more frustrating that this is not something a single character was wearing, but it was more like a uniform a lot of Jedi were wearing to give a message who they are. And yet it's not widely available here.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

when we say the word "Jedi" we all get a picture of this guy wearing a brown robe with long sleeves over a white or sandy "kimono".

not me, i think of this... so we all don't think of the same lame dull old brown robes... Aayla was always my favorite Jedi, partly because i like that she had style the "others" lacked...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

Well, hit "jedi" into google and it's gonna tell you what the majority thinks of ;)

oh the "majority" then why didn't ya just say so? lol...

i'm just ribbin' ya, i get what you mean... just, a lot of people have different ideas as to what constitutes traditional, even some people in the J.O.S.Purist sect have differing opinions on the small details of the costume... i feel because of things like that there will always be someone clamoring for traditional robes even after the devs think they already gave them to us, but there will always be that someone that says it's not traditional until you add X or remove Y...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

I may be wrong, but I suspect there is a reason behind no long flowing sleeves. Otherwise we definitely have been given numerous renditions of the kimono and robe. From my perspective most of the in game clothing meant for the Jedi is repetitious and boring..

Someone said the traditional jedi robes are from the future (the movies era) , but hey ...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/robemodel1.jpg

we have some of them in KOTOR.

Give us this robes please ;) We already had all KOTORs characters gear.

Your KOTOR example wasn't created by Bioware. It was a fan created and skinned mod by I forget who that could be used to replace all the original bioware models

Your KOTOR example wasn't created by Bioware. It was a fan created and skinned mod by I forget who that could be used to replace all the original bioware models

TBH this is what it would look like if the Jedi robes in KotOR 2 had versions without the brown overcoats :)

I may be wrong, but I suspect there is a reason behind no long flowing sleeves. Otherwise we definitely have been given numerous renditions of the kimono and robe. From my perspective most of the in game clothing meant for the Jedi is repetitious and boring..

Did you see Marka Ragnos' robe? It turned out pretty well! Shame we didn't see long sleeves since then. I believe that Kreia's robes are on the way but that's not really what I am looking for, since they're going to be hood up and have a long dress instead of long chest piece and pants.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue