Ok I've gotta ask.. PvP.. and PvE?

Jedi_Knight_Jess

I'm gonna go with the assumption that PvP= player vs player ala warzones, and duels, and PvE is player vs...environment? Like a flashpoint?

Also something odd happened the other day...

I was using my Lv. 29 Knight on Tatootine, wrapping up some side quests when this Lv. 48 player attacked me outta nowhere, killed me, clapped and took off on his speeder, as I was about to turn in a quest I had just finished.

I play on the EH server. What happened?

I'm gonna go with the assumption that PvP= player vs player ala warzones, and duels, and PvE is player vs...environment? Like a flashpoint?

Exactly.

Also something odd happened the other day...

I was using my Lv. 29 Knight on Tatootine, wrapping up some side quests when this Lv. 48 player attacked me outta nowhere, killed me, clapped and took off on his speeder, as I was about to turn in a quest I had just finished.

I play on the EH server. What happened?

That's open world PvP for you. The Ebon Hawk is a PvE server, so you can only get attacked if you're flagged for PvP. Unfortunately, when you are flagged, there's no level restrictions in terms of who can attack who, and Tatooine tends to be one of the more popular planets for high levels to gank lowbies, since it's the first planet where both factions really share a lot of territory.

Getting yourself un-flagged is a good idea. Don't try to gear up to fight people above your level; your attacks won't even hit people more than 5 levels above you most of the time. Warzones are an exception, as everyone in one gets temporarily bolstered to the same level or so.