Commando Changes Coming in 2.7

EricMusco

Yeah 6pt not 7. Sorry for the typo.

And the pushback immunity on Charged Bolts/Full auto is pretty important, even for Assault Specs. I think a guaranteed interrupt immunity, even for assault is also extremely important. Especially in rated arenas. Assault/Pyro Commando/Merc is also pretty casty. You rely on casting charged bolts and channeling full auto to get your procs. While you are more mobile with the Fire Dot and Assault Plastique, your real damage potential requires casting still. Which is a flaw I always never agreed with when it comes to assault spec. Assault really should be more mobile than it is.

Its going to be a question of, is it MORE important than the full AIM increase box now or do you want to not get Combat Shields.

Yes Gunnery Remains unchanged. Just pointing out minor changes to assault now.

IMO, the pts in Gunny for Assault are too important to give up. 9% Aim, 6% Charged Bolts damage, 20% Kolto Bomb healing, 6% Ranged crit, and pushback immunity to the 2 most important abilities in your rotation. That is a lot to give up for 15s of interrupt immunity every 120s.

That said, Assault needs something to make it just as appealing to play. In terms of PvP anyways, I think that Gunny is hands down the clear winner now and even more so after 2.7.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric.

Thank you for the update with the changes. It does show that you guys have read the feedback that has been given to the issues that gunnery has.

But on that note. Could you please give an answer to this, will 2.7 add a numeric 1-100 ammo counter to the UI for commandos?

IMO, the pts in Gunny for Assault are too important to give up. 9% Aim, 6% Charged Bolts damage, 20% Kolto Bomb healing, 6% Ranged crit, and pushback immunity to the 2 most important abilities in your rotation. That is a lot to give up for 15s of interrupt immunity every 120s.

That said, Assault needs something to make it just as appealing to play. In terms of PvP anyways, I think that Gunny is hands down the clear winner now and even more so after 2.7.

Yeah its going to come down to play style and opinion for sure. And thats a great thing. The game would be boring if everyone played 1 spec the same way. While Energy Shield interrupt immunity has a STUPID long cooldown, 15 seconds of burst dmg in say a rated arena could be all the difference.

I'm not really going to de-rail this thread, but I think assault needs things more like its VG/PT counterparts. Like Stockstrike proc'ing plasma cell, and allowing it to reset the cooldown of railshot as well. Things like that would not only be fair (since its a shared tree), but give an alternative way to get your procs and damage out, without having to cast (on a spec that is SUPPOSED to be mobile).

I also wouldn't mind losing that 2% alacrity box in the right tree in favor of the 8% stock strike damage (that VG and PT has) as well, if they were to make the above change.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Yeah its going to come down to play style and opinion for sure. And thats a great thing. The game would be boring if everyone played 1 spec the same way. While Energy Shield interrupt immunity has a STUPID long cooldown, 15 seconds of burst dmg in say a rated arena could be all the difference.

I'm not really going to de-rail this thread, but I think assault needs things more like its VG/PT counterparts. Like Stockstrike proc'ing plasma cell, and allowing it to reset the cooldown of railshot as well. Things like that would not only be fair (since its a shared tree), but give an alternative way to get your procs and damage out, without having to cast (on a spec that is SUPPOSED to be mobile).

Something I would like to see is for Assault to get more ammo cost reduction to Explosive Rounds/Volley or we its called now, and for it to be given a 15% chance to proc HiB reset, on top of the CB and FA % chance. I also think that Plasma grenade needs to be integrated into Assault, it does not even get the surge bonus from Firebug.

Something I would like to see is for Assault to get more ammo cost reduction to Explosive Rounds/Volley or we its called now, and for it to be given a 15% chance to proc HiB reset, on top of the CB and FA % chance. I also think that Plasma grenade needs to be integrated into Assault, it does not even get the surge bonus from Firebug.

Yeah both of those would be nice changes as well.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that Gunnery will still regen in bursts every 6s which will not be linked to your rotation.

Could do with that changing as well if the RNG is to be sorted.

That isnt RNG. And with the changes to HiB cost and FA mechanics, I think that Gunny ammo management will be in a better place than it is now.

Tasty yes more must have.....

Curtain of fire change is not op but a must have given the way healers have been lately. Also full auto is a quick fire ability, and gives us a bit more damage on the mobile part of the game. I would agree it would be op but given the status of healers even after 2.7, I cant say that it is.

Do you think they could move "COMBAT SHIELD" to the middle tree Tier 2? That would definitely make that ability obtainable by all 3 specs then.

They are moving it to Tier 2. However, Assault would have to make a big trade off to acquire it. Gunnery ... not so much.

Word on the bit about Plasma Grenade. Maybe reduce its cost or something to work it into Assault.

A question that's been on my mind for a while is whether Plasma Grenade gets the 6% damage boost from Havoc Rounds. It's not a Round, sure, but its mirror is Fusion Missile, which by its name alone should be affected by Mandalorian Iron Warheads...

I think it might have something to do with copying characters from live to PTS, but not sure on that.

Its fine with me as long as they don't break their 9 week promise... If they do sh*t is going to go down (especially since they added an extra week instead of being 8 like last year).

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Word on the bit about Plasma Grenade. Maybe reduce its cost or something to work it into Assault.

A question that's been on my mind for a while is whether Plasma Grenade gets the 6% damage boost from Havoc Rounds. It's not a Round, sure, but its mirror is Fusion Missile, which by its name alone should be affected by Mandalorian Iron Warheads...

No it doesn't, checked that before.

Another of my gripes is that Hail of Bolts gets a damage buff on burning targets but hilariously it requires a massive investment to get 5 targets on fire and even then it's a poor use of ammo.

I could go on for some time about lack of joined up thinking in Assault talents, the mere fact that it is good at controlled PVE DPS now doesn't hide its flaws.

The idea of it being shackled to and sharing anything with the VG branch needs to be shoved down the toilet and it needs half the gunnery tree secondary talents.

Then dirty fighting type residual dots on cleanse and a non-penalising way to get cast protection from interrupts.

Edited by Gyronamics

I should of known better than to think for a second that these changes were going to benefit healing. Tsk tsk, can bioware just go ahead and let us healers know if anything else is gonna be changed for combat medics interruption problems? It's like the most talked about problem with combat medics, and bioware has never said **** about it. Very very very frustrating to be one of the most ignored specs in the game. When you consider the fact that, if I even have to use tech override as a healer, I probably will not last more than a minute after I do use it and when you consider the extra heat added into my rotation by reducing this cd, to say this helps healers in pvp, is laughable.

So please bioware, just let us healers know once and for all, will we get some relief from interrupts like we have been talking about for so long?

I should of known better than to think for a second that these changes were going to benefit healing. Tsk tsk, can bioware just go ahead and let us healers know if anything else is gonna be changed for combat medics interruption problems? It's like the most talked about problem with combat medics, and bioware has never said **** about it. Very very very frustrating to be one of the most ignored specs in the game. When you consider the fact that, if I even have to use tech override as a healer, I probably will not last more than a minute after I do use it and when you consider the extra heat added into my rotation by reducing this cd, to say this helps healers in pvp, is laughable.

So please bioware, just let us healers know once and for all, will we get some relief from interrupts like we have been talking about for so long?

Uh, 60s Tech Override cooldown definitely benefits healing. Its not the solution we were looking for, but you can use it *twice* as often as before. That is a significant boost.

Baby steps, that seems to be the only speed at which things get improved around here.

Uh, 60s Tech Override cooldown definitely benefits healing. Its not the solution we were looking for, but you can use it *twice* as often as before. That is a significant boost.

Baby steps, that seems to be the only speed at which things get improved around here.

ops getting nerfed too(emergency medpac spam), so thats a relative buff healer wise. Id rather do things slowly than overbuff mandos and then we get hit with another 1.2.

Edited by akabane_k

1.2 truly was the darkest day in Commando/Merc history....

Meh, the DPS nerf we got then was blown out of proportion. We just always lacked some basic things that most ranged classes in MMOs have.

The heal nerf on the otherhand, that was very real, and IMO we still havent returned to being near that level.