Class Rep. And Questions

Ottoattack

From a PVE perspective I'm not sure I see the point of focusing on Assault. It's the best ranged spec in the game atm, and if you're worried about calling attention to something, the incredibly broken proc is something you should probably stay away from. I still think Gunnery has problems. Need to see comparisons to other ranged specs perhaps, but right now it still looks to be the lowest parsing ranged DPS spec in the game.

Don't let them forget the damned ammo counter though.

And I think the developers are not oblivious to what is currently FOTM, they might not care but it's not hard to see what people think.

When it comes to issues assault has lots and they are almost all PVP.

Gunnery has the one issue of being an average DPS spec and when you think about it, that's not an issue, it's credible PVE dps and the only credible PVP dps.

I'm not even happy about how DPS is being measured atm, the guy currently running it does nothing except run a leaderboard which hilariously and predictably is stacked with the FOTM spec and ignores all others thus we have no comparison and no incentive for people to push on the non-FOTM spec as they will never get on the ladder. At least when I started it I did highscores for every subspec not just how much we can stack the FOTM spec into one list. That and the tree used for Assault parsing is 2% crit instead of pushback aka BS.

There's class issue of interruptability but that is being slightly helped for Gunnery anyway and really badly/not at all helped for Assault.

Edited by Gyronamics

And I think the developers are not oblivious to what is currently FOTM, they might not care but it's not hard to see what people think.

When it comes to issues assault has lots and they are almost all PVP.

Gunnery has the one issue of being an average DPS spec and when you think about it, that's not an issue, it's credible PVE dps and the only credible PVP dps.

I'm not even happy about how DPS is being measured atm, the guy currently running it does nothing except run a leaderboard which hilariously and predictably is stacked with the FOTM spec and ignores all others thus we have no comparison and no incentive for people to push on the non-FOTM spec as they will never get on the ladder. At least when I started it I did highscores for every subspec not just how much we can stack the FOTM spec into one list. That and the tree used for Assault parsing is 2% crit instead of pushback aka BS.

There's class issue of interruptability but that is being slightly helped for Gunnery anyway and really badly/not at all helped for Assault.

Which is why I said for PVE. By all means focus the PVP question on Assault, particularly on how much they have to give up for the interrupt shield, but you know far better than I the issues Assault has in PVP. As a wild card I think we might should also focus on the obvious differences and advantages that Pyro Merc has over Assault Commando due to off hand hits and the higher chance PS has to proc PPA compared to CB proccing IA, but again that calls attention to the proc situation and I wouldn't be so sure they realize WHY assault is FotM. They aren't always the most aware you know.

For PVE I do think lowering the new CoF ICD to 7 seconds would be a good change, and I hear healers still have some ammo concerns, though this may have become balanced by the nerfs to scoundrels.