PvP- Pyro or Arsenal

lordnathanial

Bodyguard

Arsenal

Pyrotech

I use alacrity. These are just my builds. They work well for me.

I don't take volatile warheads because I've found missile blast to be a waste when i can reapply a dot using IM. Again, just my spec. Figure out what works for you.

And lol at saying Arsenal has a higher skill cap than pyro. Thats like saying Lightning has a higher skill cap than Madness. They are 2 very different play styles. One works well in ranked and one doesn't due to cast reliance.

Bodyguard

Arsenal

Pyrotech

I use alacrity. These are just my builds. They work well for me.

I don't take volatile warheads because I've found missile blast to be a waste when i can reapply a dot using IM. Again, just my spec. Figure out what works for you.

And lol at saying Arsenal has a higher skill cap than pyro. Thats like saying Lightning has a higher skill cap than Madness. They are 2 very different play styles. One works well in ranked and one doesn't due to cast reliance.

i like how you are trying to give advice like you are a high end pvper yet i looked your rating up and you are not even close to being in tier 1 pvp rank which even that i would not consider high end pvping GG you are in tier 5 pvp ranking lol

i like how you are trying to give advice like you are a high end pvper yet i looked your rating up and you are not even close to being in tier 1 pvp rank which even that i would not consider high end pvping GG you are in tier 5 pvp ranking lol

Go look again

Oh, and you're on Harbinger. I heard that's where all the best PvPers are. My bad for giving advice on a class that I actually know very well.

Edited by PhatMcMuffins

I didn't realize that only tier 1 pvpers can be helpful and give advice to fellow Mercenaries.

I've played around with Volatile Warhead vs Gyroscope Alignment Jets, since most builds posted have one or the other,. In my experience, I've found that I can keep my heat low without Gyro Align Jets. Volatile Warheads has multiple uses, with the most important being the instant application of the only snare pyro has. I've leaned towards Volatile, if I have to pick between the two.

The snare may not seem like much, but it is useful when prekiting. Volatile Warhead also has other uses.

Edited by WrykilX

Is pyro shield really worth taking as a pyro merc? I try not to let anyone get within meleem it seems kinda a waste of 2 points.

Not just Melee... "Attackers".

And honestly the one that no one else takes that I would swear by is "Infrared Sensors". If I get stuck guarding nodes, I'm outing most stealth well outside melee range, plus with the + to def and the shorter stealth scan cd, I feel like the utility is very nice compared to the alternatives.

Volitile warheads, I still am not on board with. Missile blast is way too expensive and considering the proc rate for CGC on Rapid shots is so high, I just don't see the point in wasting the heat to get an auto proc for a 30% snare that is nearly useless, considering melee classes have stronger slows... ie force slow, chilling scream, crippling slash, ect, are all 50% slows.

Not just Melee... "Attackers".

And honestly the one that no one else takes that I would swear by is "Infrared Sensors". If I get stuck guarding nodes, I'm outing most stealth well outside melee range, plus with the + to def and the shorter stealth scan cd, I feel like the utility is very nice compared to the alternatives.

Volitile warheads, I still am not on board with. Missile blast is way too expensive and considering the proc rate for CGC on Rapid shots is so high, I just don't see the point in wasting the heat to get an auto proc for a 30% snare that is nearly useless, considering melee classes have stronger slows... ie force slow, chilling scream, crippling slash, ect, are all 50% slows.

Agree to disagree.

I feel the lower cooldown on stealth scan and the measly defense increase that are gained from the Infrared Sensors talent are beyond useless. So much so, that I think the ability shouldn't even exist in the tree as it is and should be reworked.

Granted, Missle Blast is still not spammable with VW but the heat difference is noticeable in live play. I feel Volatile Warhead gives me an ability that is more heat friendly that

1) Is an on demand AE snare application for prekiting. A majority of those snares you mentioned were melee, and the object of the ability is to help prolong the melee from getting into range during prekiting. Even if it forces a leaper to have to open with a leap, that's very useful to me.

2) An added ability into an AE rotation or AE pressure since it applies the Combustible DoT and isn't too shabby for damage in itself.

3) Another instant ability that is useful for kiting.

4) A weapon for when Shadows pop their Deflection. Trying to get past 50% defense to white attacks sucks big time. Especially when kiting.

5) I find it useful as a good ability for playing the LOS game with snipers.

Edited by WrykilX

Agree to disagree.

I feel the lower cooldown on stealth scan and the measly defense increase that are gained from the Infrared Sensors talent are beyond useless. So much so, that I think the ability shouldn't even exist in the tree as it is and should be reworked.

Granted, Missle Blast is still not spammable with VW but the heat difference is noticeable in live play. I feel Volatile Warhead gives me an ability that is more heat friendly that

1) Is an on demand AE snare application for prekiting. A majority of those snares you mentioned were melee, and the object of the ability is to help prolong the melee from getting into range during prekiting. Even if it forces a leaper to have to open with a leap, that's very useful to me.

2) An added ability into an AE rotation or AE pressure since it applies the Combustible DoT and isn't too shabby for damage in itself.

3) Another instant ability that is useful for kiting.

4) A weapon for when Shadows pop their Deflection. Trying to get past 50% defense to white attacks sucks big time. Especially when kiting.

5) I find it useful as a good ability for playing the LOS game with snipers.

Really interested in hearing from more on this...PvP focused so many ignore both Volatile Warhead as well as Infrared Sensor!