T.H.A.T - Tanks and Heals Against Tactical

Docmal

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for starters, I enjoy tanking a lot more than DPSing. So if I can't tank, I'd be unhappy. If you want a great example of why role neutral doesn't work, see GW2.

So much this ^

I leveled to 29 in GW2 when it first came out. Hated the no-trinity system.

It 'is' a shame that they're forcing us to do role-neutral stuff. Damn the man.

This was kinda my point. They aren't "forcing us" to do role neutral, but if they start making HM and up content into role neutral, it will kinda start to feel like they are. THEN I will be unhappy.

Right now they are just doing it for story content, and I am in favor of it, shorter queues on story content for everyone.

This was kinda my point. They aren't "forcing us" to do role neutral, but if they start making HM and up content into role neutral, it will kinda start to feel like they are. THEN I will be unhappy.

Right now they are just doing it for story content, and I am in favor of it, shorter queues on story content for everyone.

They won't ever remove the trinity system for HM stuff or OPs. But, it's perfectly valid to have them add role-neutral stuff as an addition to existing trinity stuff.

They won't ever remove the trinity system for HM stuff or OPs. But, it's perfectly valid to have them add role-neutral stuff as an addition to existing trinity stuff.

I agree there.

I just played the new FP and so far all the role neutral FPS are pretty much a cake walk with no real tactic needed, just run around and kill stuff. Basically its like one of the 4 man leveling quests we stumble on while leveling up toons. A quick smash and grab

Hey, its fun to group with people, so I can't complain, but when it comes to hardmode content, I cant see pushing away from people having actual roles to play.

I've already joined D.R.A.M.A. - Dps, Ranged And Melee Alliance.

This guy officially wins the thread. My hat off to you, sir.

Bit more on topic, I don't see what the complaints are all about, really. Not requiring tanks/healers seems, to me, a good thing. It forces players to learn more about situational awareness and personal responsibility. Did KDY with a group of four DPS and the only deaths were caused by people being lazy and standing in crap 'cause, presumably, they just expected someone to heal them so they could ignore mechanics.

I'm a raiding Tank, and I find this thread sadly pathetic, overreaching and baiting for drama.

As a tank there are times I would rather kick back and blow some steam off by DPS'ing a bit. These new tactical flashpoints will allow me some flexibilty in those regards.

Healers are still really good for the tacticals. You can win without them, but they can reduce the risk of some deaths due to overzealous/inexperiened DPSers.

Tanks are in a tougher boat unless they a re really well geared though, since the damage is focused onto one target and the overall DPS is lower, making it a bigger risk that they could actually get killed. Especially when no one else is aware enough to actually use the healing stations, or when the DPS output is low overall.

People complain about the trinity model.

Then people (DD's specifically) complain that flash point groups via Group Finder take way too long to get into.

Then BioWare solves both problems.

Then people complain that BioWare solved both problems.

*Spock voice* Fascinating.

Well, BW did not solve the problem. Tactical FPs drop 10 basic comms, which almost no one but fresh 55s need. I have a bunch of dps toons and I never ever play this tactical crap, cuz they aint worth my time. No challenge and no reward. People who PvE run FPs for the ulti and/or elite comms. No one runs the tactical FPs bulls*** except if they are trying to finish the Cerka weekly. Why would anyone who has been lvl 55 for more than a week run them?! Even if I want to run a specific FP as dps I will find a friend who tanks and run it with him/her.

Well, BW did not solve the problem. Tactical FPs drop 10 basic comms, which almost no one but fresh 55s need. I have a bunch of dps toons and I never ever play this tactical crap, cuz they aint worth my time. No challenge and no reward. People who PvE run FPs for the ulti and/or elite comms. No one runs the tactical FPs bulls*** except if they are trying to finish the Cerka weekly. Why would anyone who has been lvl 55 for more than a week run them?! Even if I want to run a specific FP as dps I will find a friend who tanks and run it with him/her.

1) Easy money.

2) Planetary Comms are useful.

3) It's pretty fun.

4) I use Basics to buy Vials of Isotope which always sell fast and turn a tidy profit.

5) We have enough avenues to earn Elites and Ultimates.

I must decline that invitation.

My healer can turn DPS at the drop of a hat. Please go solicit for drama somewhere else.

I'm a raiding Tank, and I find this thread sadly pathetic, overreaching and baiting for drama.
How in the world is making a tongue-in-cheek organization joke baiting for drama? No one is actually bothered by Tacticals.

It may not have been hilarious but the author gave us Parsec so I'm cutting him some slack.

How in the world is making a tongue-in-cheek organization joke baiting for drama? No one is actually bothered by Tacticals.

It may not have been hilarious but the author gave us Parsec so I'm cutting him some slack.

My one and only honest complaint about this "expansion" is that they didn't also add any true hard mode flashpoints. At this point I'd like some fresh group content. The space combat is well done and something a lot of people have been asking for, but not that interesting to me. I'd like to see some more challenging content for groups.

Yea I don't get the rage I'm starting to see against this kind of flashpoint. It encourages you to try something different.

And by all means, if you're a subscriber, buy the field respec character perk. It's amazing.

Its different.

MMO players hate "different."

They also hate "new" and "change."

Join T.H.A.T today! Stand up for your healers and tanks everywhere! DPS welcome...

:)

I see no issue with those, so good for leveling no matter class and spec.

1 run on my 31 PT tank, my wife 30 Op healer and friend 31 Inq DPS + PUGed 4th - above half level :cool:

If double XP was option we would make them 55 just doing KDY again and again (1 run = 1 level, 2 runs per day & voila).

If someone try to force me on any role or situation due elitism or jerkiness it will go to vote kick and /ignore, nothing more.

And as we are 2 all the time and most of it ever 3, GL trying to jerk us.

But ever alone, there is no way I could agree with such stupidity, so it will go to same.

And each ignore those earn while leveling will hurt them badly at end game, so best of luck then.

Only thing Bioware needs to change in tactical FPs is to force kill order and interrupt usage (no matter class or spec we all will need to know those at end game).

Make normal mobs heal/buff strong/elite ones ... so you either kill them first or have a tedious fight.

Make mobs cast zap that block abilities so you either interrupt or have tedious fight.

It would not make it harder overall but will trow some L2P mechanics on leveling.

done it on a min/max 55 tank and ye for him its way waaay to easy. no challenge at all

done it also on a low lvl alt the xp is nice but same as the 55 no challenge at all.

Imo a real gamer is after the feeling of victory, play your A game to get things done, work together, learn and down it.

This FP doesnt give that at all, but in all fairness its the community behind this ,cause when something challenging comes out ( LI HM ) ppl scream nerf all over the place.

Kinda sad this is the future of gameing, im probebly getting old but back in the days games were tuff and gave you a great feeling after completing it .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.