Why do people ninja gear if not their spec ?

Falados

Seriously had a Merc Healer ninja a DPS gun .... -sigh- really puts me off from playing this game if keeps happening ....

What a shame if only there were a guy he could talk to or a button he could push in order to change his specialization.

Honestly your being short sighted. Many commando/mercs have two sets of gear one for healing and one for dps. This allows them to que for a FP as both dps and heal and simply respec and swap gear accordingly. Nothing wrong with this.

Edited by Flearos

Seriously had a Merc Healer ninja a DPS gun .... -sigh- really puts me off from playing this game if keeps happening ....

Im sorry friend, he did not ninja anything. He took a piece of loot that belonged to his spec. I can account many times needing on sorc healer gear (im a dps sin) because it was a big upgrade. I would always say in the group chat that i was needing on will power gear. Nobody ever had a problem with it. Sometimes i won, sometimes i didnt.

Lesson to you.....a ninja is a person needing on everything including gear they cant or shouldnt be using. They are taking it to sell it, thats all. Most of the time the whole "im getting it for a alt" is total bull.

I guess my question is....what kind of dps gun was it. If it was a cunning stat weapon then he should have asked before needing it. Looks to me either way that you just ignore the guy and be done with it. Littering the forum with this is a bit silly.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

There is no real defined gear. The only problem I have with this is a player needing for a companion. If a player needs an upgrade they roll need not to have some willpower assassin take it for his companion. Today I had some player justify this by saying I play wow so it's ok for me to roll on stuff I don't need. At one point in time there was an etiquette for gear unlike this world of warcraft where you need to sell everything. JChimpo was this player be weary of others like him

There is no real defined gear. The only problem I have with this is a player needing for a companion. If a player needs an upgrade they roll need not to have some willpower assassin take it for his companion. Today I had some player justify this by saying I play wow so it's ok for me to roll on stuff I don't need. At one point in time there was an etiquette for gear unlike this world of warcraft where you need to sell everything. JChimpo was this player be weary of others like him

I would edit that name out. Its against forum rules to call names out like that. Just ignore the people...and move on.

Not much you can do about it. People choose to be jerks in games, that's just a fact. When they ninja your loot or steal your node, just call them names, then put them on ignore; that's what I do with for example node thieves in PVE areas. The game mechanic allows people to be jerks, so they are. Not much else to do than ignoring them...

Did you say anything? I have noticed that most people will own up to it really quick, and trade the gear over. If not vote kick, and /ignore. I do hope ofc that this was a "dps gun" for your sniper. Your description was a little odd.

given his class I'm gonna guess he means a merc rolled on a sniper rifle

If thats the case, then yes poor form as he cant use the weapon or the mods.

I really wish BW would just get rid of the whole need/greed system altogether and just give everyone a bag at the end of the heroic/fp.

Happens far too often. Had a Sentinel /need on a cunning jacket couple days, said it was an upgrade for him. Promptly /ignored. I didn't care much about the jacket, as all my characters get a full set of modded gear at, or around 13th or so, it was the principal of the thing.

I would edit that name out. Its against forum rules to call names out like that. Just ignore the people...and move on.

The only reason his name is in there is what he had said a direct quote. Think of it as citing a source I didn't want to discredit him. The examples of gear was just experience I don't care for it when it happens. I just click the ? To agree with the kick.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.