Anyone want to do some RWZs on Pot5?

georgemattson

Apologies to all, since this is a double post (I posted on the Pot5 forum as well), but it suddenly occurred to me that I might ask everyone if you'd be interested in this:

Curious to see how many folks would be interested in getting together to do some ranked warzones? I'm guessing some of you have seen a complete lack of RWZ pops, but I'm thinking we can all do something about it.

It might be nice (and, indeed, useful) to get a bunch of us together on Mumble to do this. If we could get four Imps and four Pubs (or a larger number of us) onto Mumble, with each team on a separate channel, I think we could have a heck of a lot of fun. Further, if you guys are willing to do this, I think we could do a ton of different things with this:

- Training (potentially inter-faction training, as well).

- We can play around with Bolster/experiment with mods & gear, for as long as we like.

- We can play RWZs for as long as we like.

- Anyone who has toons on both factions can switch back and forth if one side is steamrolling the other, in order to provide a rudimentary level of matchmaking.

Considering you can wait hours for a RWZ pop at the moment, I think this could easily work.

If you're interested, please feel free to post here or whisper me in-game (Rexorshan).

I'm DPS Ops, will you take me?

Shoot, I'll take anyone :) Figure the whole point is to have fun.

Which reminds me; I should probably mention a few caveats to this:

- I'm not overly great at PvP (I know objectives and tactics, but I'm still working on my execution)

- I've only ever played one RWZ

- I'm not concerned about my ranking, but will certainly try to win.

So that's two of us :) I'm a sentinel, by the way, so we need three more Imps and three more Pubs, at least.

Edited by georgemattson

I can't recall a night where queues weren't popping for ranked on pot5, but it definitely would be nice to have as many teams queueing as possible. The more teams queueing the better the matchmaking system works the more competitive the games are.

I can't recall a night where queues weren't popping for ranked on pot5, but it definitely would be nice to have as many teams queueing as possible. The more teams queueing the better the matchmaking system works the more competitive the games are.

You might be talking different queues. I've tried the solo queue a few times and got lots of chores done around the house while waiting. :D Maybe you are talking 4-man queue?

I'll give it a try if the time lines up. I gotta a shadow tank (already in Blue Syndicate, but there's never any other 55's on doing WZ when I'm there, so I started levelling a lowbie). What time frame are we talking?

- I'm not overly great at PvP (I know objectives and tactics, but I'm still working on my execution)

- I've only ever played one RWZ

- I'm not concerned about my ranking, but will certainly try to win.

I've played 2 ranked WZs - so I'm soooooo much better than you, obviously. :D

You might be talking different queues. I've tried the solo queue a few times and got lots of chores done around the house while waiting. :D Maybe you are talking 4-man queue?

I'll give it a try if the time lines up. I gotta a shadow tank (already in Blue Syndicate, but there's never any other 55's on doing WZ when I'm there, so I started levelling a lowbie). What time frame are we talking?

Yep. Had a couple nights this week when I didn't do any warzone PvP at all because I had it queued on ranked instead of regular and didn't notice it while I went off for several hours doing dailies. Never got a single pop in about 6-8 hours worth of gaming. Finally did notice and went to regular, got a pop immediately.

Time frame is wide open for me. Wife is out of town this weekend (flight comes back Sunday night in the middle of the Super Bowl :mad:). I should be on tonight in about 30 minutes or so.

I've played 2 ranked WZs - so I'm soooooo much better than you, obviously. :D

Ha ha ha... yep. Definitely. Wouldn't take much, though.

Much respect to you and a great idea but honestly arenas are boring as hell already. Team deathmatch is really meant for fps games imo (and many others lol). I wish you luck but you're gonna need it!

Before anyone says I am horrible and that is why I posted this....I played a fair amount with mostly wins on several chars in preseason and was bored by the real season but did play solo q on my sniper for a little less than 20 matches over a couple weeks and was 16 and 3. I just honestly found them boring and pointless. I'd say it was just me but it seems like many others agree.

Well that went well.... ;)

What? I distinctly remember winning several matches, and wondering where all the good teams were. Don't you remember that? :D (Jeesh, I haven't experienced pain like that since my first PvP match . )

Edited by Banderal

What? I distinctly remember winning several matches, and wondering where all the good teams were. Don't you remember that? :D (Jeesh, I haven't experienced pain like that since my first PvP match . )

Meth is a hell of a drug :D

Seriously, though... I'd love to do this again if we could actually get some "normal" players on both sides, instead of us against the facerolling curbstompers on the other :confused:

Did you guys get any Que pops?

We got 2. Both against teams that I think didn't even realize we were there. I don't think we actually killed anyone in either match. The terms "insect" and "windshield" came to mind. I mean, our *healer* was the last to die (probably because he was slumming with us (i.e. better than some of the rest of us (i.e. "me" :) ) ). :o

We got 2. Both against teams that I think didn't even realize we were there. I don't think we actually killed anyone in either match. The terms "insect" and "windshield" came to mind. I mean, our *healer* was the last to die (probably because he was slumming with us (i.e. better than some of the rest of us (i.e. "me" :) ) ). :o

I seem to recall that you lasted longer than me on most of that. :p

I wish I had a Combat Sent... I like My Carnie so much I don't play my Guardian Hybrid tank too much anymore, otherwise I would have tagged along. Maybe I should play him more... Next time, I'm in?

I wish I had a Combat Sent... I like My Carnie so much I don't play my Guardian Hybrid tank too much anymore, otherwise I would have tagged along. Maybe I should play him more... Next time, I'm in?

You betcha. Would love to have you.

Meh. Cash was probably healing me more since I was (nominally) tanking for him. :)

Well, I recall you mentioned you'd played twice as many RWZ than I had, so that was probably it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.