Regarding Bolster: Any point to blues/purps vs greens in sub-55 bracket?

BobBudJones

I ask this because I recently came back to SWTOR to find my lvl 50 PvP gear far, far inferior to others in WZs with just regular gear due to the odd (imo, broken) nature of Bolster.

Now I need to replace all that stuff with regular gear, and I plan on buying/crafting new mods to put into some orange gear.

So the question is: considering Bolster gives larger buffs to lower item levels, is there any reason at all to put anything but green mods in my gear (for PvP that is...obviously better mods would be better for PvE).

Could I even go into a WZ in EMPTY orange gear and get buffed to the same level as everyone else? That would solve my problem completely, although it is a bit absurd.

Edited by BobBudJones

I ask this because I recently came back to SWTOR to find my lvl 50 PvP gear far, far inferior to others in WZs with just regular gear due to the odd (imo, broken) nature of Bolster.

Now I need to replace all that stuff with regular gear, and I plan on buying/crafting new mods to put into some orange gear.

So the question is: considering Bolster gives larger buffs to lower item levels, is there any reason at all to put anything but green mods in my gear (for PvP that is...obviously better mods would be better for PvE).

Could I even go into a WZ in EMPTY orange gear and get buffed to the same level as everyone else? That would solve my problem completely, although it is a bit absurd.

I think having missing mod slots will hurt you, the same as having missing relics, implants, and earpieces, etc. I do not know about the rarity level stuff, though.

The bolster does not increase all pieces of gear equally. For instance the power level 46 (read level 45 required) blue mods bolster considerably better than 48 ( read level 47 required purples). There usually is not a massive difference, but some gear will bolster better than others. And if you want to do PvE as well slotting the best non-endgame PvE gear you can will be helpful and should not penalize you in warzones. Augments differentiate stats more than anything else.

the main reason your level 50 PVP gear was lacking compared to those with just Green gear is that your lvl 50 pvp gear has expertise on it, if you have expertise in a slot you dont get bolstered, or not as much, you just need to replace those with PVE armoring/mods/enhancments and you will be right up there with everyone else in your level in warzones

why is it that 10 to 29 / 30 to 54 pvp is so much more fun and skill-based than at 55? it shouldn't be this way but it's way more enjoyable when everyone is on even ground gear-wise.

Fun is your opinion. "Skill based" is 100% false. You can't judge skill or balance when you don't have things like interru pts, and missing a boatload of talents/skill tree points that are vital to a class' performance.

There is a decided advantage being at the top of those brackets than at the bottom. 55 is more about skill since everyone has all their tools and the playing field is relatively equal (besides obvious class balance issues, but so does lowbie).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.