Alacrity as dps?

SWEtree

Atm im running a 6-36-4 specc.

I put 3 points in Field Training and 1 point in First Responder. I havent done much testing etc but heres the question.

Did i waste those 4 points or you lads and gals also put points in it when you are dps specced?

• 2 months later...

Spec in and out of it and see what it does. I run combat medic in pvp, and I have probe down to 1.9 and adv. probe to 1.4 seconds. Or maybe its the other way around, too tired to remember. Anyway, take away the the 2% alacrity from heals and after removing 4 alac augs, i still get those times, so I'm thinking I hit some sort of cap or at least a soft cap.

I've been a doing a lot of research into stats and the general consensus is that you get so little return from alacrity, that it ain't worth it to add any more than what your gear gives you.

Spec in and out of it and see what it does. I run combat medic in pvp, and I have probe down to 1.9 and adv. probe to 1.4 seconds. Or maybe its the other way around, too tired to remember. Anyway, take away the the 2% alacrity from heals and after removing 4 alac augs, i still get those times, so I'm thinking I hit some sort of cap or at least a soft cap.

I've been a doing a lot of research into stats and the general consensus is that you get so little return from alacrity, that it ain't worth it to add any more than what your gear gives you.

Yeah stay away from non-aim augments. Typically you dont want any alacrity pieces either until your surge is above 500, so basically healers and dread masters gear. In addition to this, you dont want any alacrity in Assault Spec as it throws the Internal Cooldown for Ionic Accelerator off.

If you are using Alacrity for healing, your best bet for Alacrity enhancements are the "Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 34" enhancements, which are found in, of all places, Jedi Sentinel boots.

Edited by TACeMossie

Yeah stay away from non-aim augments. Typically you dont want any alacrity pieces either until your surge is above 500, so basically healers and dread masters gear. In addition to this, you dont want any alacrity in Assault Spec as it throws the Internal Cooldown for Ionic Accelerator off.

If you are using Alacrity for healing, your best bet for Alacrity enhancements are the "Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 34" enhancements, which are found in, of all places, Jedi Sentinel boots.

I think it's Jedi Knight pants. Think they're in both the heavy armor and medium armor versions. Otherwise this.

I think it's Jedi Knight pants. Think they're in both the heavy armor and medium armor versions. Otherwise this.

Lol I meant pants. Why I said boots is beyond me.

Also if you have a token, the DPS headpiece should also have a quick savant enhancement in it, letting you save that 120 ultimate comms for 1.5 belts/bracers.

Edited by TACeMossie

Oh one other thing. I noticed you said you are mainly PvP. Those points are better put in the Shield talent that makes you immune to interrupts while energy shield is up, because... well... interrupt immunity.

I actually would say PvP is better of doing this though (6/37/3), but as I dont PvP much its probably wrong. But then again interrupt immunity and stuff.

Edited by TACeMossie

Oh one other thing. I noticed you said you are mainly PvP. Those points are better put in the Shield talent that makes you immune to interrupts while energy shield is up, because... well... interrupt immunity.

I actually would say PvP is better of doing this though (6/37/3), but as I dont PvP much its probably wrong. But then again interrupt immunity and stuff.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800McoZrscRrdRkfbsZc.3

That is what I would recommend for PvP. You want the improved KB and root on Stockstrike over the couple % of endurance.