FTP cannot trade? Yea you may want to rework that.

ZedFighter

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's terrible actually. I know this was done to stop gold sellers, but this makes it extremely hard for F2P to learn. When I first started this game as a casual noob, I immediately needed on any and all gear, not realizing the meaning of different stats. Only when i became level 50, I noticed that my Implants were all Willpower type and no one had told me that because I was F2P and couldn't trade it back to them any way. I also probably am on the ignore lists of everyone I ever saw while levelling. :D

Yes, this has created much conflicts between players.

Some new players does not even know what the need/greed button does and end up getting kicked from the team only because they can not correct their misstake.

Make all items that drop in a flashpoint tradeable to all party members, simple as that.

Make all items that drop in a flashpoint tradeable to all party members, simple as that.

Well, the items are tradeable (and have been for some time), but F2Players cannot use the trade window, which is at the core of the problem. However, I do not see a way around it, without breaking the limitation entirely.

Well, the items are tradeable (and have been for some time), but F2Players cannot use the trade window, which is at the core of the problem. However, I do not see a way around it, without breaking the limitation entirely.

Just disable the ability to trade credits

Well, I might be a weirdo or something, but I could not care less about the items that drop in flashpoints. Even if they are an upgrade, they last for a level or 2, big whoopdidoo. In fact, I'd rather let some F2P player have them if they happen to get it, they can make their comp suck a bit less or just vendor it.

Of course, I have all crew skills on my chars so I can easily make stuff while leveling but still, even if I didn't, you go through levels so fast that the items become junk in a few hours.

So when the FTP player loots an item for your class and clearly not theirs, it's okay that they can't trade it to you?

That's pretty pathetic. Why not make it so they can trade to you but not from you? Or is that too hard =\

Personally, I think allowing F2P to trade in any guise would open a credit sellers' Pandora's box. They would somehow find a way to exploit it. That's not a TOR thing, that's a successful MMO being targeted by leeches thing.

I don't randomly queue much because I have friends I play with. But when I do, I make it clear that I report ninjas for misconduct. If that gets me kicked, then chances are pretty good it would have been painful to play with them anyway.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Yes, this has created much conflicts between players.

Some new players does not even know what the need/greed button does and end up getting kicked from the team only because they can not correct their misstake.

IMO, the party that kicks ANY member for simply making a mistake, especially one that the game rules prevent them from "fixing", is a party full of jerks with an extreme lack of tolerance.

How difficult is it to explain the "social customs" to that person and give them a second chance. If they continue to "make the same mistake", then kick them.

IMO, the party that kicks ANY member for simply making a mistake, especially one that the game rules prevent them from "fixing", is a party full of jerks with an extreme lack of tolerance.

How difficult is it to explain the "social customs" to that person and give them a second chance. If they continue to "make the same mistake", then kick them.

because 9 times out of 10, actually nearer 99 out of 100, pointing out the difference between need/greed results in either -

A - silence

B - "don't care" or "do what I want" responses

I have made the mistake of letting the first unnecessary need roll slide, only to get stung for a second time. If the majority of these people actually apologised or tried to return the item, I'd actually cut some slack.

Well, I might be a weirdo or something, but I could not care less about the items that drop in flashpoints. Even if they are an upgrade, they last for a level or 2, big whoopdidoo. In fact, I'd rather let some F2P player have them if they happen to get it, they can make their comp suck a bit less or just vendor it.

Of course, I have all crew skills on my chars so I can easily make stuff while leveling but still, even if I didn't, you go through levels so fast that the items become junk in a few hours.

I endorse this post.

I endorse this post.

My mercenary still use Black Talon armor, and my Jedi Knight still use Warbringer's chest piece from Athiss. Some of the orange items from earlier FPs have better designs than others (according to some of us at least)

My mercenary still use Black Talon armor, and my Jedi Knight still use Warbringer's chest piece from Athiss. Some of the orange items from earlier FPs have better designs than others (according to some of us at least)

Hahaha yes, My 55 sniper still uses the black talon chestpiece.

Credits are only one way, not the only way, to move wealth around in the game. ;)

I'm not sure how the ability to trade items that are bound and only tradable to those in group would be an effective way to move wealth around in game.

I just don't know how they'd be able to implement such an exceptionally specific trade restriction. I reckon it's a lot more effort than to just block trades altogether.

because 9 times out of 10, actually nearer 99 out of 100, pointing out the difference between need/greed results in either -

A - silence

B - "don't care" or "do what I want" responses

I have made the mistake of letting the first unnecessary need roll slide, only to get stung for a second time. If the majority of these people actually apologised or tried to return the item, I'd actually cut some slack.

If you "get stung" a second time, so what? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they are virtual pixels and virtual pixels that you would likely be replacing in a few levels anyway.

I'm not sure how the ability to trade items that are bound and only tradable to those in group would be an effective way to move wealth around in game.

I just don't know how they'd be able to implement such an exceptionally specific trade restriction. I reckon it's a lot more effort than to just block trades altogether.

I was specifically commenting on the idea that all you need to do is make it so people cannot trade credits. The fact is.. there is a very good reason why true F2P players cannot trade ------> to prevent proliferation of credit farmers moving credit wealth around for free using items instead of credits.

As to trade lockouts in the context of loot in FPs/Ops. I agree with you.. that they would need to make a special over-ride of some sort just for loot drops in that instance, in that run, but those players grouped. Does not seem worth the hassle IMO. so...players just need to deal with it IMO...perhaps by actually talking together for one minute before the run starts to establish who is playing free and the issues with them picking up loot.. so be more careful and considerate... etc...etc. The no-trades is an artifact of interdicting the greater issue of credit farmers plying their trade inside the game on free accounts.

Edited by Andryah

Simply because selfish players thinking of themselves ruin the experience for me. I've run enough now to see exactly how the heroic/fp/op will play out loot-wise. I totally agree that F2P should be able to trade back what they mistakenly took, will it get used a lot? Only by an honest few unfortunately

Simply because selfish players thinking of themselves ruin the experience for me. I've run enough now to see exactly how the heroic/fp/op will play out loot-wise. I totally agree that F2P should be able to trade back what they mistakenly took, will it get used a lot? Only by an honest few unfortunately

How is it any less selfish for you to think you are more entitled to any given drop than the next member of the group, without whom there would be no loot on which to roll?

What's selfish about rolling need for an item that is for your class and has better stats? That's all I roll need on and have never said anything contrary to that. I'm quite happy to lose a roll against another in those circumstances, I wont stand for a consular rolling need on aim gear etc. Nothing wrong with that at all

It may be so but it is the reality of the game, players do get kicked for taking the wrong items. By opening up the ability to trade items players might still stay in team and learn the good way instead of getting the boot and learn the hard way.

If a item can not be transferred by some gamemechanics rule like F2P unable to trade the item it is not tradeable.

The solution is not to block the ability to trade entirely as it is now, it is to open up the ability to trade for all within the flashpoint and flag items aquired together to be traded within the team.

However it might not be on their top to do list :tran_wink:

Edited by Icestar

What's selfish about rolling need for an item that is for your class and has better stats? That's all I roll need on and have never said anything contrary to that. I'm quite happy to lose a roll against another in those circumstances, I wont stand for a consular rolling need on aim gear etc. Nothing wrong with that at all

So, you feel you are "entitled" to a piece of gear simply because you want it and to heck with the rest of the group, even though you did NOT solo that boss and without the rest of the group there would be no drop.

It may be so but it is the reality of the game, players do get kicked for taking the wrong items. By opening up the ability to trade items players might still stay in team and learn the good way instead of getting the boot and learn the hard way.

I don't know why I am, but I am constantly amazed by the entitled attitudes of the players of this game.

"That's my loot because I said it is and if you roll, I'll punish you and you'll be sorry. I don't care if 15 other people contributed to producing this item, I"M ENTITLED TO IT and no one else can roll because I want it."

Talk about selfish entitlement.

I don't know why I am, but I am constantly amazed by the entitled attitudes of the players of this game.

"That's my loot because I said it is and if you roll, I'll punish you and you'll be sorry. I don't care if 15 other people contributed to producing this item, I"M ENTITLED TO IT and no one else can roll because I want it."

Talk about selfish entitlement.

The game is designed with different attributes for different classes, it is in the backbone. Characters have different use of the items, it has nothing to do with selfish entitlement.

If I would think like you I would go crazy playing this game since it is in a gamers best interest to find useful items to battle the next challenge.

The topic in this thread is about F2P not able to trade, not lootrolls :tran_tongue:

Edited by Icestar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.