Guild aside, if you could have played a sage would you?

Letsjet

Guild aside, if you could have played a sage would you? I'm going to post this on the Sorcerer board too.

Besides the stories, bad but edge Inq, and edge Val over wimpy looking predator thing, Are they different? Are there many much differences in the class?

one: ROCKS v. LIGHTENING.

Rocks have a stealth quality to them in pvp for a sec or two, whereas the lightening is a beacon giving away your placement.

Rocks actually giving you a game advantage.

two: cool factor: Bad: ROCKS in Corsican are stupid. Couldn't they color them grey there to be metal and bolts? Good" "Unlimited Power!!!!!"

I know there are much more technical pvp or high end ops 54 -55 differences I could get comments on.

I have a 38 inq and a 35 sage and simply can't decide.

Any help might solve this dilemma. Thanks.

Edited by Letsjet
proofing

As far as combat goes there is no difference between the two. The visuals of the Sorc give it a very slight disadvantage in PvP but that's about it. In OPs there is no difference at all.

Having played my first toon as a Sage and bringing him to 55 and then creating a Sorc, I have to say I enjoy the Sorc a lot more. In my opinion the SI storyline is better than the JC one and the Sorc visuals are much prettier, especially since Project was changed to spawn the projectile right next to the enemy as opposed to right next to the player.

My vote is Sorc.

As far as combat goes there is no difference between the two. The visuals of the Sorc give it a very slight disadvantage in PvP but that's about it. In OPs there is no difference at all.

Having played my first toon as a Sage and bringing him to 55 and then creating a Sorc, I have to say I enjoy the Sorc a lot more. In my opinion the SI storyline is better than the JC one and the Sorc visuals are much prettier, especially since Project was changed to spawn the projectile right next to the enemy as opposed to right next to the player.

My vote is Sorc.

in PvP the sorc sure broadcast his location a lot more thats for sure.

As far as story goes tough, I prefered the JC one tough. Granted, chapter 1 is perhaps the worst story line of the game as far as all classes chapter 1 goes, but chapter 2 and 3 are great.

(very slight spoiler in the tags for people are very sensible to that and really don't even want to know the general theme of the JC class story (like me eheh). Its safe to open if you only want an idea of what the JC is about.)

The JC chapter 2 and 3 makes you feel very involved in the actual conflict that all the other class kinda forget for their own objectives. Some have their very own quest and couldn,t care less a massive war is happening (inquisitor is perhaps the worst) others do go against enemy objectives but they tunnel vision ONE thing. The Consular is so far the class that I've felt was actually working hard to the war effort, and still having its own "nemesis" to take down, but without spending 2 chapter solely on tracking that nemesis down.

this one is for inquisitor

meanwhile, inquisitor really have NO class quest that concerns the conflict, safe a bonus objectives in chapter 1. Its a quest for artifacts, then a quest for power, then a quest to mastering this power to take down your nemesis. From chapter 2 onward, it gets boring fast imo. You DO get a very slight interlude sometime where you kinda feel like you are doing something...but really you don't do crap for the imps planetside.

Inquisitor totally wins the palm as far as animation goes tough. Yes its lightning at all sauces, but I take lightning over rocks, pebble and airballs, still at all sauce.

And lets not forget the darn horrible gear for sages. Cartel Market kinda helps with that, but overall you do have less choice, and issue with cartel items is many people normally carry the look around, from all classes.

Still I just HAD to buy the conservator robes for my shadow since the rest was just darn horrible.

Edited by verfallen

I have both a 55 Sage and a 55 Sorc. My Sage is healer spec, because I find their dps animations boring. On the other hand my Sorc is a hybrid lightning/madness dps. Shocking the living daylights out of enemies never gets old :D

Story wise JC from chapter 2 onwards is very nice. Fits the class, as it is their role. Perhaps it fits the Sage more then the Shadow though.

SI storyline is a lot about learning how to go Darth Sidious "unlimited powaaaaaah" mode without destroying yourself :D

I've played both storylines as Light Side. And both of my characters are level 5 rank.

No idea about pvp. Since I don't do that.

I can not comment on sages but I can tell you about the Sorcs. If you are looking to because more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of becoming go become a Sorc. You will have unlimited power, so much in fact you will create a crushing darkness that surrounds your opponents and drains their life fueling your own. You will be able to electrocute your enemies with such agonizing force they will be unable to move. You will have such force you will cause storms that cripple those around you not strong enough to bear the pain.

Or you can become a slave to the force and be a Jedi sage...

I think the sage animations are cooler looking for the most part. The real advantage of sage telekinetics spec pvp though.

Force quake isn't nearly as noticeable as force lightning. Disturbance (lightning strike) actually has a travel time so if you have a proc for instant telekinetic wave (chain lightning) you can cast disturbance and immediately follow it with telekinetic wave. Since disturbance has a travel time you can get the proc for telekinetic wave back immediately. Since lightning strike is instant this kind of combination is impossible.

The only down side is that telekinetic throw (force lightning) ugly. Telekinetic throw is however much less noticeable in pvp.

Honestly I would play my sage, but my sever is heavily imp dominated and so I have no one to pvp with on my sage.

I have Both a 55 sage and a 55 sorc and can tell you that the Sage is easier due ito it's lack of flashy abilities. The Sage can normally stay a little unnoticed in heals and dps spec where as the sorc is like here I am. The Sage movements and casting animations feel a little more fluid as well.

With all that being said though I still play the Sorc more often

Personally I find the consular story one of the best in swtor, particularly chapters 2 and 3 because I think it is very star wars like, it fits perfectly the role of a consular and ties very nicely to the whole swtor franchise leaving a lot of possibilities for future expansions. The only "black spot" is chapter 1, which is not bad but rather too long, but I guess nothing else could be done given that every chap1 of any class has the 5-planets pattern. The inquisitor story is not too bad and in fact has some of the nicest visual cut-scenes of all stories. I think it fits the role of an inquisitor, but what I didn't like is that it doesn't really feels like you are part of the whole swtor plot.

Regarding the visuals of the abilities of the two classes. I prefer some from the sage and some from the sorc. For example I think that the visuals of a TK sage are better than the visuals of a Ling sorcerer, and the opposite for balance/madness.

Regarding pvp, sorc is more visible but not because of FL IMO, good players have already you marked so the trace of FL has no consequence, it is just that some of the casts of the sorc are distinct, e.g. thundering blast, innervate, making it easier for someone to see what you are about to do even when not in focus. On the other hand overload bugs out much less frequently than force wave, particularly in jump-and-turn movements; and I have to say that I like overload much more as an animation, remember satele in one of the intro videos using a similar kind of ability? How on earth it did not end up with consulars?

Edited by MusicRider

Guild aside, if you could have played a sage would you? I'm going to post this on the Sorcerer board too.

I have 2 lvl 55 Sorcerer and Sages. I enjoyed them so much that I'm leveling 2 more. Each one is for a specific role. I enjoyed both story lines. Currently, I'm running my JC dark whereas my Sorc is light a reversal from what I did before.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.