[Flashpoints] Change Loot Drops in 50 HMs and 55 HMs

Duran'del here:

The loot drops in 50 and 55 HMs are... bad. BH and BM are good, but rating 148 items? Really?

50 HMs:

-Rakata(140) level gear drops for the first half of FP from bosses.

-Hazmat(150) level gear drops from bonus boss.

55 HMs:

-rating 148s are replaced by [ARTIFACT] gear(the pre 2.4 basic comms gear).

-Arkanian Token(random) drops from Bonus boss.

The Ark token is something I think would be a really good addition, making players have to choose between speed-running or taking the time. It would actually allow tanks to get better gear(Tank gear is notorious for being extremely rare).

I dont get it , I dont remember to have rakata gear from drops. Or at least bcause of my luck I dont get 'em as drops haha. But mostly I agree with you from the drops from 50HM, THEY ARE RIDICULOUS. I mean since 2.4 you need to get at least normal PvP gear to do Oricon so its nonsence to do 50HMs (at least not for gear), for me the drops from 50 HMs are really outdated About 55HMs I dont think drops are a problem :) . But over all I guess this thread should b taken in count. So hit like in this post.

The gear that drops from a flashpoint is meant to be the next upgrade for the recommended gear for said flashpoint. If you want better gear drops then you have to buff the flashpoints forcing a higher recommended gear.

If you do that you need to find a way to bridge the gear gap between leveling gear and endgame.

Last time this was done was when everyone was just handed out a free set of Tionese gear, which in my opinion is a very bad idea since gear is to be earned, not handed out.

Back in the days during lvl 50, the HM flashpoints used to drop none-token Tier 1 gear, I guess the equivalent of Artifact (66) and the last boss dropped a Token for a Tier 2 which today would be Arkanian (69) today. Tier 3 would exclusively drop in raids which I guess is a lot like it is today with HM dropping Underworld (72), Kell Dragon (75) and Dread Forged (78). However what you fail to notice is that when current flashpoints came out the gear they dropped, the 69:s were the 2nd highest tier.

(Back again to pre. 2.0) When LI was released it came together with EC Hardmode and Tier 4 Gear, Campaign and LI HM last boss dropped Rakata (Tier 3) Chestpiece. You do have a point in your reasoning, the Czerka flashpoints should according to how it has been handled before, drop a Token for the 2nd highest tier of loot, which at that time was Underworld. I think that this is a result of Czerka flashpoints being so easy compared to how hard LI was when it was released, later Bioware nerfed it to the ground but at that time EC Nightmare had been released and the Rakata Chestpiece was two tiers below BiS.

I think the history of LI might have been a factor for Bioware, since they knew that if they put in a Underworld token at the end of Czerka, the flashpoints had to mirror S&V HM+ TFB HM difficulty and that is something most flashpoint players wouldn't be able to handle and they would have to nerf it just like LI. So instead they made the flashpoints easier and the loot reflects this.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.