SWTOR forum legends - the famous and the infamous

kimdante

I am relatively new to the forums however a few posters stand out:

Andryah - most prolific poster and staunch crusader of the game. Exceptionally intelligent. Oft-rumored to be a covert Bioware employee

iwipe (Dulfy) - The Galactic Civil Servant of the forum, keeper and protector of all that is relevant and valuable about the state of content in SWTOR. A voice of reason and knowledge in an often unreasonable forum. The sacred curator of the SWTOR relics.

DarthTHC - clever and deadly user of words, logic, and reason

Rafaman - the calm eye of the storm. A cool and collected voice of reason and a welcome forum warrior who is exceedingly well at putting others at ease through thoughtful, kind words.

Ixum - Strong proponent for equal rights among the genders in SWTOR. Has tirelessly campaigned for a more exciting variety in male armors in a thoughtful, intelligent, and playful treatise complete with visual aides.

The Grand Nagus - poll-master extraordinaire. Fierce-some forum warrior whose posts undoubtedly carry with them the weight of a Hutt.

Gizmo - quixotic chat-bubble crusader

ikinai - exceptionally humorous and always well mannered, seldom on-topic, but always able to lighten even the most intense debate. Like Prometheus, who brought man the gift of fire, she has bestowed upon us mortals... Bulgogi!

L-Randle - L-Randle's name is feared and respected in PVP circles. Always willing to dispense his wisdom. A leader in the herculean quest to bring class balance to pvp.

Lunafox - The story lady. Stalwart champion of the continuance of class and companion stories. A persistent warrior whom argues her points with elegance and grace.

TUXs - Friendly warrior but don't let the lovable exterior fool you, fierce and aggressive whenever cornered. A powerful and loyal ally to have by your side in a battle.

OwenBrooks - Gentle customer service giant. Helpful and compassionate poster and a valuable ally to newcomers to this glorious game.

Reno_Tarshil - passionate warrior who is quick to defend that which he believes in and who will vehemently oppose that which he doesn't. Deals in absolutes.

Infernixx - did something once where Eric said he/she "nailed it" .... has been bestowed the greatest gift from the gaming god Musco.

keyboardninja - invaluable contributor to the class forums. A mathematical wizard whose insightful analyses have raised the damage-per-second of players everywhere.

branmakmuffin - warrior of brevity. Which few words he uses bite hard and dig deep. A fierce-some warrior indeed.

Pingonaut - gentle, patient, and likable warrior. Neutral in all things - a forum ent.

I have shared the thoughts of other posters (some of which are warriors themselves) whom have taken the time to share their thoughts, in which I am in full agreement, up above, in addition to my initial observations. I sincerely believe these fierce forum warriors each equipped with their unique personalities, skills, and strengths ( or weaknesses), could be translated into playing cards which could then be utilized in a Pokemon-style battle game of sorts.

Any other "forum warriors" which should be named?

Your thoughts?

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iwipe (aka: Dulfy) owns the Legend title in these forums IMO.

She is the Galactic Civil Servant of the forum, keeper and protector of all that is relevant and valuable about the state of content in SWTOR. A voice of reason and knowledge in an often unreasonable forum. :)

Don't forget Sir-Marty, our other gaming legend, although far from the one and only Sir Copperfield.

Another one that stands out a bit is CosmicKat (sp?), the one with the Vette avatar. Pretty critical/skeptical of many things (sometimes rightfully so). A bit of a necessary counter to Andryah's white knighting.

Don't forget Sir-Marty, our other gaming legend, although far from the one and only Sir Copperfield.

Another one that stands out a bit is CosmicKat (sp?), the one with the Vette avatar. Pretty critical/skeptical of many things (sometimes rightfully so). A bit of a necessary counter to Andryah's white knighting.

White Knighting implies Andryah never says anything critical of this game which isn't true. :rolleyes:

Dulfy aka Iwipe. With a suspiciously keen sense and admirable iron resolve to steer clear of any discussion or dorama.

Iwipe (aka: Dulfy) owns the Legend title in these forums IMO.

She is the Galactic Civil Servant of the forum, keeper and protector of all that is relevant and valuable about the state of content in SWTOR. A voice of reason and knowledge in an often unreasonable forum

How could I have so foolishly overseen this?

White Knighting implies Andryah never says anything critical of this game which isn't true. :rolleyes:

Then it might have just been a matter of pure chance that I've never seen her doing so in the dozens of posts I've read from her.

I do not see why this post would be deleted or locked.

I am not attacking or personally insulting any posters in this thread, on the contrary, this is a recognition post where we, as a community, can come together in unision and post our positive thoughts and stories, share humorous anecdotes, and celebrate in our hallowed forum warrior's achievements and great deeds.

Edited by kimdante

Right, so I realize that mostly this list of (in)famous forum posters are for the General Discussion forum only, however your post does not specify that.

I'd like to take a moment to recognize OwenBrooks, who mostly posts in the CS forum. This guy is probably the most helpful guy on these forums; whenever someone comes here to look for a solution to a tech issue, Owen is there to help. His patience, helpfulness and tech knowledge is second to none, and you will often see the full front page being plastered with him as the last poster.

IMO, that guy deserves a lot of praise for doing the job of BW tech support!

Hats off to you dude, I reckon your advice has helped many a player!

Then it might have just been a matter of pure chance that I've never seen her doing so in the dozens of posts I've read from her.

It's rare, but it has happened. Most often Andrayah's responses are directed at the posters and not the game itself. Most often they admonish posters to take personal responsibility for their own enjoyment of the game and their own actions, which happens to be a theme I favor, too.

The few I've seen directed at the game itself, I have found to be accurate, thoughtful, and rational.

I admit, my feelings are hurt now. I've been tro... posting here since 09, a proud "June bug" and *I* get no mention? UNACCEPTABLE!

I think most of the names mentioned in the OP have a tendency to "stir the pot" as they say, and thus are perhaps more memorable. With the exception of Dulfy, that is. Dulfy simply rocks.

And me of course. I'm the voice of calm reason here. I think the only reason I made the list is my sexy text color.

Edited by DarthTHC

Right, so I realize that mostly this list of (in)famous forum posters are for the General Discussion forum only, however your post does not specify that.

I'd like to take a moment to recognize OwenBrooks, who mostly posts in the CS forum. This guy is probably the most helpful guy on these forums; whenever someone comes here to look for a solution to a tech issue, Owen is there to help. His patience, helpfulness and tech knowledge is second to none, and you will often see the full front page being plastered with him as the last poster.

IMO, that guy deserves a lot of praise for doing the job of BW tech support!

Hats off to you dude, I reckon your advice has helped many a player!

It is true, I am a forum rookie.. a colt if you will.. and the majority of these posters are General forum posters/legends. I have not ventured out into the PVP or CS forums.

I do appreciate the feedback though and such hearty, genuine praise compels me to include OwenBrooks in the list. Well done my friend and thank you for such an earnest and thoughtful suggestion!