I really loved the Rakghoul Event

BarrinMarshall

The whole "walking dead" vibe soon as I got to Alderaan, the Tunnels, the quests, nice rewards. I don't care if anyone responds to this thread and I don't give a flip if haters come on here or not.

Last night we had a 30+ Op consisting of my guild (PVP Only) guild and we did open world PVP down in the tunnels instance 4 on Harbinger for a couple hours... Had a Friggin blast down there! I hope the events keep coming, even the ones I don't personally get into.... good things come outta this stuff.

Cheers and let me know if you really liked the event and if you didn't then piss off.

This is my favorite event out of all of the ones we've seen. But for that reason I don't want this to become a regular thing.

-It will become boring after a while and the infection will just become more of an annoyance thus making my favorite event my least favorite. More and more people will start to dislike it, making it less fun for the people who do enjoy it and drastically increase the number of complainers.

-Making happen too often will allow people to build reputation too quick and thus finish off the need to continue playing in the event (besides getting stuff off the vendors).

-It's a deadly, galaxy-wide plauge. If it comes back every month then I can't say much about the saftey of everyone's future lol.

But honestly, my main concern is them overplaying it. Too much of a fun thing makes it bad. I think 3 months is the absolute minimum they need to wait before bringing the event back. In all honesty, I'd prefer 1-2 times a year.

This is my favorite event out of all of the ones we've seen. But for that reason I don't want this to become a regular thing.

-It will become boring after a while and the infection will just become more of an annoyance thus making my favorite event my least favorite. More and more people will start to dislike it, making it less fun for the people who do enjoy it and drastically increase the number of complainers.

-Making happen too often will allow people to build reputation too quick and thus finish off the need to continue playing in the event (besides getting stuff off the vendors).

-It's a deadly, galaxy-wide plauge. If it comes back every month then I can't say much about the saftey of everyone's future lol.

But honestly, my main concern is them overplaying it. Too much of a fun thing makes it bad. I think 3 months is the absolute minimum they need to wait before bringing the event back. In all honesty, I'd prefer 1-2 times a year.

Definitely this, great event, but don't want to see it too often or as you said, it might as well be another daily zone.

I was enjoying it immensely until i came to fleet and saw people are infecting each other. The whole point of this event was to contain rakghoul plague in that cave. allowing infected players to leave the cave defies that reasoning and it broke the immersion of this event for me. BioWare should have designed it so that players who gets infected could not leave the cave, could not use fleet pass or any other priority transport, could not use GF or WZ or GSF queue and vaccine must be used before getting infected. it would have made the event more intense. it just killed my enthusiasm watching infected players everywhere when they should have been contained in that cave,bad design. I saw many 1st time players who came on fleet for the 1st time were infected and when they asked for help on what to do they were being bullied. almost all of them were f2p so i could not give them credits or give them vaccine, i sent several people vaccine for the next time they get infected but i hope they did not leave completely after being bullied like that.

Well the point of the event was actually to watch how far the infection could spread through the playerbase.

However I'm in agreement that the fleet being overrun with the infection is stupid. Granted I completed my "Infect 3" daily there easily. I think that the fleet should be guarded by (tough) champion/boss level mobs that attack players who are infected. Would at least give the illusion of the fleet being a quarantine zone.

They could even make special achievements for killing those fleet bosses or evading them and infecting people on the fleet anyway. But the NPCs would need to be tough enough to stop a solo player easily.

I think this would encourage the plague to spread to other planets instead of just the fleet. (I also think there should be planet specific infect other players dailies. Instead of "Infect 3 players" it would be "Infect 3 players on Nar Shaddaa" or something. Or maybe even "Infect 3 players on the opposite faction.")

It would also be cool if they had a "cleanup" event as a follow up. It would work exactly the same as the plague, but instead of infecting people you get rewards for curing people who still have it lingering on them.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

Yup. I really liked the event. I'm hoping the next planets will be slightly different too. If there is some variation then it will be great.

The infection quest didn't bother me in the slightest. But... I was expecting it and knew when to use a vacc and when not to use one.

I was enjoying it immensely until i came to fleet and saw people are infecting each other. The whole point of this event was to contain rakghoul plague in that cave. allowing infected players to leave the cave defies that reasoning and it broke the immersion of this event for me.

The infection was already out of the caves before the players get involved. Did you not notice all the infected NPC people in the faction towns?

Seems to me that seeing as the Spike appears to be the only way in and out of the caves, then T.H.O.R.N., for all their talk of eradicating the plague, are actually the ones to blame for turning something that was seemingly contained into a terrifying galactic threat.

Edited by PLynkes

I think these events are great, this one has been another sucess in my eyes.

My only complaint is they made the rarest and most "elite" colour crystal in the game a common item they can be got within 20mins of starting dailies.

Seems to me that seeing as the Spike appears to be the only way in and out of the caves, then T.H.O.R.N., for all their talk of eradicating the plague, are actually the ones to blame for turning something that was seemingly contained into a terrifying galactic threat.

I think the Spike codex says they accidentally uncovered the cavers while mining for some natural gas, and that rakghouls escaped through there. The Spike was then used to allow transportation of Neutralizers down there

Please watch the news station on fleet again before making that claim.

Just because the news terminal said so doesn't make it your mission. Maybe if you're roleplaying it is I guess. The actual story behind it is containment, sure. The point of the news terminal itself is to get players to go to Alderaan using reverse psychology. Then they catch the plague and spread it to the remaining player base.