Forceslayer still rare and/or valuable?

SVixxen

I just recently came across one while boosting a low level friend through DK and I remember a lot of buzz about them being really rare. I only ask because I'm receiving a strongly negative response in my message box after putting it in GTN for 500k, and no one wants to offer more than ~20k for it. Has it just lost popularity, or is it no longer rare anymore? :rak_02:

I just recently came across one while boosting a low level friend through DK and I remember a lot of buzz about them being really rare. I only ask because I'm receiving a strongly negative response in my message box after putting it in GTN for 500k, and no one wants to offer more than ~20k for it. Has it just lost popularity, or is it no longer rare anymore? :rak_02:

Nope, it's still a rare weapon. Those responses were from people who probably have never had more than 500k at once.

Nope, it's still a rare weapon. Those responses were from people who probably have never had more than 500k at once.

Yeah I figured as much. Thanks for the confirmation haha. I suppose I should just find some patience and sit it out

Are you serious? People are mailing you in-game to criticize your price?

I imagine that a lot of it has to do with what server you are on, and what the specific economy is like on that server (supply and demand). I see them fairly often going for 20k, so don't think the offers you were getting are completely off-base (though the insults are), but if you have the time to invest, and never see them on the GTN, you will probably get what you want eventually... I suppose it all depends on how badly you need the credits and what your time is worth to you. At any rate - good luck :D

Rare expensive items don't move quickly. If you want 500k, you'll have to wait for that player with the desire and credits to come along and buy it.

I don't have that much for lightsaber ever because there's a lot more important stuff to get like 66+ mods. According to GTN it will cost me 3 x 3 x 8 - 2 million to get full set of 66s.

I don't have that much for lightsaber ever because there's a lot more important stuff to get like 66+ mods. According to GTN it will cost me 3 x 3 x 8 - 2 million to get full set of 66s.

Or you could just go to Oricon and get a full set of purple 66s (for the main pieces anyway) from the questline. I think the questline for CZ-198 gives a 66 mainhand at the end too. Combined, this should take no more than an hour or two.

Edited by MillionsKNives

Still use this LS on my main Sentinel after almost two years and it's by far my favorite, together with Redeemer. Either way, did Coruscant a million times already and even though it only dropped for me that one time, I've seen people asking fairly often if it's a rare drop or not, when the first get it.

Last I checked, it was for sale on the Red Eclipse for 500 or 600k.

Or you could just go to Oricon and get a full set of purple 66s (for the main pieces anyway) from the questline. I think the questline for CZ-198 gives a 66 mainhand at the end too. Combined, this should take no more than an hour or two.

Indeed.

Alternatively you could grind HM FPs for comms to buy 72 gear. :rak_03:

I started Oricon yesterday and I'm still there. Got gloves from first quest and decided to leave it there once I noticed that enchantment had Alacrity in it.

Alternatively you could grind HM FPs for comms to buy 72 gear. :rak_03:

And get kicked as soon as they figure out you're still using 58s.

I started Oricon yesterday and I'm still there. Got gloves from first quest and decided to leave it there once I noticed that enchantment had Alacrity in it.

You can buy a cheap 66 gear set from the GTN.

I have never been in a single 55 HM that kicked for being undergeared. The point of 55 FPs is to get gear. What is the point when you overgear it (I personally don't even run for comms anymore because of raiding and I am nearly almost always comm-capped)

Source: myself, as I literally ran 55 HMs on a fresh GS with nothing higher than columi. Nobody cared, and if you are that worried about it, you can always run the SM Czerkas first.

I mean if you want to spend 2 mill on gear that is super obsolete be my guest, but that money would be much better served saving up for a mainhand 72 barrel/hilt, since you can't get that from comms.

Edited by Beslley

I have never been in a single 55 HM that kicked for being undergeared. The point of 55 FPs is to get gear. What is the point when you overgear it (I personally don't even run for comms anymore because of raiding and I am nearly almost always comm-capped)

Source: myself, as I literally ran 55 HMs on a fresh GS with nothing higher than columi. Nobody cared, and if you are that worried about it, you can always run the SM Czerkas first.

Either you're the luckiest dude ever or the tank and other DPS had to pack quite a punch, in order to overcompensate for your gear.

You do realize that at launch people were running 55 HM FPs in 50 gear, right? :rak_03:

When using Black Hole for the most part, certainly not using Columi. In the groups I have played with ever since 2.0 was released, people would be kicked when using gear below that and I can't remember anyone objecting, having in mind how EASY it is - or was - to gear up.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Are you serious? People are mailing you in-game to criticize your price?

Yeah, kinda dumb right? People are butt hurt most likely because they've never even seen more than 100k at one time. If not that reason, then they're just being *****

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.