Is today the last day for Rakghoul Event?

turtlesareawesom

As far as I remember, it started early last tuesday and it will likely end at the exact same time tomorrow.

Depending of your schedule, you might be able to get a mission or two squeezed in tomorrow, but you will not be able to use any renewed IDs on the eyeless.

wait, what??? why would they stop this after one week?? I realize there are other planets but I've barely managed to clear hardmode eyeless twice between alts out of dozens of attempts because pugging is so difficult when so many people are still learning the fight. that's a whole other thread tho because it's either people who don't understand how to manage green aoe and down adds fast enough or it's -- worse yet -- jerks who come in and keep interrupting instruction saying how easy it is and then we wipe because new players don't know what to do and those same jerks rage quit after 1-2 wipes. but I digress...

on the bounty week I was able to get a constant flow of purple trophies across my alts so one week at a time is fine. on this event there is only one source for the purple trophy and that's hardmode eyeless. the fight may be relatively easy but it is extremely difficult to pug. one week is WAY too short!

wait, what??? why would they stop this after one week??

Because that is the schedule?

I am pretty sure, that the event ends tomorrow on alderaan. The question yet to be answered is, if the event will seamlessly continue on Tat or Cor... or if the cute little raks need some time to get there... and we will first get bounty week or even gree week in between.

Because that is the schedule?

I am pretty sure, that the event ends tomorrow on alderaan. The question yet to be answered is, if the event will seamlessly continue on Tat or Cor... or if the cute little raks need some time to get there... and we will first get bounty week or even gree week in between.

first, how do you *know* that's the schedule? I haven't seen a dev or moderator post one way or the other. wasn't gree two weeks at a time?

If they move it off Alderaan what happens to eyeless? honestly that's what I'm most concerned about. it's the only way to get a purple rep trophy atm.

first, how do you *know* that's the schedule? I haven't seen a dev or moderator post one way or the other. wasn't gree two weeks at a time?

If they move it off Alderaan what happens to eyeless? honestly that's what I'm most concerned about. it's the only way to get a purple rep trophy atm.

RAKGHOUL PLAGUE OUTBREAK ON ALDERAAN

(JANUARY 21 – 28, 2014: BEGINS AND ENDS AT 2AM PST/10AM GMT)

Bookmark this page for future reference:

http://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events

So yes, today is the last day for it.

I hope it's over. This event is rubbish!

while I don't hate the event, per se -- and it has been a nice distraction from doing nothing but ops -- my ocd begs for more time to get enough trophies for legend rep. I'm trying to not even look at achievements as that would simply destroy me.

I do hope there's space between this iteration and the next. It makes it far more fun when you can't get all your jollies in one run. The Gree wasn't quite as thrilling by week two either time that I've done it. Besides which, it doesn't really help with the immersion at all to have the outbreak showing up week after week on each planet.

With your help and the help of others T.H.O.R.N. has managed to put down the plague on Alderaan, destroy the Eyeless, and set all things right. Or so everyone thought, until months later when...

Hoping the Jawa will stick around, but at least the regular Rep vendors are available between events on Shadaa, and there will be other things to do in the meantime. Word is that pain the Shroud isn't done with the Empire or Republic and aims to cause issues once again.

I do hope there's space between this iteration and the next. It makes it far more fun when you can't get all your jollies in one run. The Gree wasn't quite as thrilling by week two either time that I've done it. Besides which, it doesn't really help with the immersion at all to have the outbreak showing up week after week on each planet.

With your help and the help of others T.H.O.R.N. has managed to put down the plague on Alderaan, destroy the Eyeless, and set all things right. Or so everyone thought, until months later when...

Hoping the Jawa will stick around, but at least the regular Rep vendors are available between events on Shadaa, and there will be other things to do in the meantime. Word is that pain the Shroud isn't done with the Empire or Republic and aims to cause issues once again.

While logically what you say makes sense, I would love if this next week we see another iteration on another planet. Lol. I would love another week of the event in general and if they threw in another planet it would be the icing on the cake.

The Gree Event was generally 2 weeks wasn't it? Or am I getting that confused with the Christmas iteration.

wait, what??? why would they stop this after one week??

Because the rakghoul plague is getting REALLY old. I'm tired of it. I boycotted the entire thing because of what it's doing to warzones. Remove the effect from warzones and I would be happy. But apparently that's too much to ask. :mad:

Also, that is a KILLER schedule OP! I wish I had that. :( Mine is more like this: M-F = 1-2 hours in the evening, Sat = 1-2 hours in the evening (maybe) , Sunday = up to 5 hours.

Edited by teclado

According to my schedule, I play SWTOR from 11:00 a.m. EST till 5:00 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, I play SWTOR from 9:00 a.m. EST till 5:00 p.m. EST.

I go to sleep from 10:00 p.m. EST to 8:00 a.m. EST every day.

Must be nice ha ha. Do you somehow get payed to play by any chance? Can't remember the last time I had that much time on my hands to play video games lol.

Because the rakghoul plague is getting REALLY old. I'm tired of it. I boycotted the entire thing because of what it's doing to warzones. Remove the effect from warzones and I would be happy. But apparently that's too much to ask. :mad:

Also, that is a KILLER schedule OP! I wish I had that. :( Mine is more like this: M-F = 1-2 hours in the evening, Sat = 1-2 hours in the evening (maybe) , Sunday = up to 5 hours.

There seems to be a gap when you get older in play time ha ha. When I got into my twenties my play time was a lot less then it used to be. Then I got married and it went down some more. As it stands I typically to Friday night from about 6PM-Mid night, Saturday the same... and Sunday from like Noon-4PM. That's granted there are no plans and I am home to use those times lol. Very rarely do I play during the week any more. If I do it's only in the evenings for an hour or two.

Today is the last day on Alderaan

That they're gonna have rakghoul plague

By now you should've somehow

Realized what you gotta do

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do about it now

Backbeat the word was on the holonet

That the plague on Alderaan is out

I'm sure you've heard it all before

But you never really had a doubt

I don't believe that anybody feels

The way I do about the plague now