New class stories - not planet story

Sewerus

Heya,

So i was wondering, what do you think if we will see new class stories in the next expansion.

I personally did get facepalm when i heard they will only be planet story and no class story.

The only reason i level all the classes is to experience the story since every story is the unique view on the universe you are thrown in so i was hoping the same would be for hutt cartel, unfortunatelly it isn't the case.

Do you think it is all about the amount people playing this game ? I mean that EA won't approve more money invested in this game, unless we get more people paying in it ?

I personally do not see the point of playing the game if there is not difference in classes storylines no longer.

Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks in advance,

Sew

I totally agree with this. I think SWTOR did the player base a disservice with Chapter 4. Many of the players enjoy this game so much because of the class stories. I really hope they add class stories in for Chapter 5. If they did, I would have a reason to play through Chapter 4 on more than one character.

I totally agree with this. I think SWTOR did the player base a disservice with Chapter 4. Many of the players enjoy this game so much because of the class stories. I really hope they add class stories in for Chapter 5. If they did, I would have a reason to play through Chapter 4 on more than one character.

Well with Game update 2.8 Being a few months away and they already stated that its another planet to planet story base i don't think any change for class story in chapter five.

I mean oh great introduce us story faction story line as planet story line, something new right... oh wait ... you already did that from the start from planet to planet so i don't see any thing new here.

Just a bit recognition at the titles you gained in the previous class story line and that's it.

Like you said a fast major players who play the game played because of the class story. Others play for the flight/pvp system. Others for the end game story mode content i play for a bit of all contents but mostly for class story.

I mean i know its nice to be pulled in with all classes faction side into one story (not like that already happened like Correlia and Ilum and so on.) it would also be nice to see some class stories again. I mean you can bring out your shared faction planet side stories two times in a row and then its time to bring class stories again and then you come back to class stories and so on. at least you keep things interesting.

cause i mean like things happened in the world of star wars where your class would be involved in where other classes don't. Cause i don't see

Some on who is a major player on the Dark Council dies and have to pass on the leading role to your SI character whos already a Dark Council member and the sphere/s the deceased Council member had to your character in a planet side faction story which would have to be the same with all the classes minor the way some npc addresses the class.

Or where the Emperor returns in his original form i don't see him addressing the none Force empire classes and if he would address the SW and SI i do think a more in depth relation ship conversation between would be appropriate with the SW than the SI

At least thats how i see it.

Cant tell me they dont have enough money with all the Subscribers, Cartel Market, and micro transaction they get from the F2P System.

So IMO i would say minor content involving both pvp and pve, 1 big major pvp content, 1 big major planet side faction shared story content and 1 class story specific content spread over the year.

This is just the way I'm seeing it right now, but if we want more actual class story content, I think we better be prepared to wait.

Considering that there are eight classes to add content for, plus all the additional voice acting for each class they'd need to record, plus the challenge of taking into account every possible narrative path for the previous chapters, plus the fact that during this time they'll also be preoccupied with updates, events and challenges (because I don't think I'd be the only one who'd be pissed if BW just stopped giving us anything to do during the long wait for that new chapter), I predict an almost Sherlock-like wait for even a single new chapter.