Marksman/Engineering hybrid build

Koeterdekoet

Hi all,

While searching for a nice build for my imperial agent/sniper i came across posts on sites about a mm/eng hybrid which should be good. Problems are 2 way:

1 the posts are old, so i dont know if it are still viable builds in 2.5

2 the builds dont pass beyong level 24-sh.

What i am looking for is a L55 mm/eng hybrid build guide which i can follow during my levels. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

C

Hi all,

While searching for a nice build for my imperial agent/sniper i came across posts on sites about a mm/eng hybrid which should be good. Problems are 2 way:

What i am looking for is a L55 mm/eng hybrid build guide which i can follow during my levels. Can anyone help?

Cheers,

C

Get engineering up to the second clusterbomb Talent (16-18 Points) and marksmann quite high up the tree (mainly the rest of the points there).

The mm/eng is very good for leveling (it has the highest burst of any sniper spec), but has serious energy problems after 1 Minute (as you cant get sniper volley), therefore its bad in raids.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

Hi all,

Cheers,

C

mm/eng this is the spec I use in raids. on most boss fights i'm top damage with most of the people in the raid the important thing about the hybrid spec is since you don't have sniper volley. your set bonus and Rotation are very important to make it work well. If your rotation isn't good you'll be out of energy fast.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400rcrbbRkRMcZbIMbRoM.3

Calculated pursuit the reason why I have it (you can use those point in extra crit in the Lethality tree if you want) on very movement boss fights it gives you 4 free overload shots. overload is about the same dps, give or take then rifle shot but in shorter time since it's 1 shot vs the 3-4 shots from rifle shot. I don't always use all 4 stacks it's just a free shot that is handy on some fights and also if your out of energy you can pop out of cover and use 4 shots and you should have enough energy back to start back up the rotation.

Hybrid spec is not for everyone, rotation is very important and so is the set bonus because it goes you energy when you use one of your abilities (Target Acquired) . Without sniper volley you really only have the adrenaline prob to boost your energy. I know very few people that are able to play this spec many have tried but they go back to the safety of sniper volley (pure MM) or Lethality spec.

This is a end game spec.

Anyone that wants help with this spec i'm on shadowlands servers.

http://nom.guildlaunch.com/ (helltrom account name)

Darkavenger

• 2 weeks later...

The term Hybrid is typically referring to the use of "Engineering/Lethality" (5/18/23).

You may want to look into this instead of the MM/Eng spec linked above. Losing Sniper Volley and several other abilities in the MM tree are just too costly.

Hope this helps.

The term Hybrid is typically referring to the use of "Engineering/Lethality" (5/18/23).

You may want to look into this instead of the MM/Eng spec linked above. Losing Sniper Volley and several other abilities in the MM tree are just too costly.

Hope this helps.

I was about to post on this subject , the Sniper strikes back :).

I haven't looked into the old recommended specs for yours or the OP's ,but I have a perfect hybrid build now and it even counter acts the OS nerf by 10%.

So choose marksmanship , choose all apart from 3 skills , Ballistic dampeners , imperial demarcation , Take cover.

Then choose 4 skills from engineering , Energy tanks , Gearhead , Vitality serum , Explosive engineering.

So all that gives you a lot , 10 energy , 9% extra cunning , 4% extra endurance and 15% extra damage on many skills including orbital strike and frag grenades. Sounds like a perfect hybrid to me.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.