Shockbringer - Event World Boss (Rakghul Event on Alderaan)

Hello, everyone,

"Shockbringer", at least that's the name I know this boss under. I don't know if he or she is called differently in French & English SWTOR.

He or she has roughly something around the same amount of health points as the Eyeless One in story mode has.

He or she (one never knows) drops an rare pet, which is useful for the Event Legacy Achievement.

He or she also drops a component which is used for trade-in for the more rare items the Jawa event trader has to offer.

What highly irritated me yesterday was lots of people using "need" on the pet drop. PLus a few grey drops from nearby monsters (flying critters) as well. Which led me putting 11 people onto my ignore list, because I just couldn't understand why someone would do "need" for a pet ? And for grey "junk" items also ?

Back to the boss : A good team consiting of 8 people is able to bring this mutated monster down. I have seen it.

Me, I participated in an OP-size group, which was also able to bring the monstrous being down. As usual with world bosses : The bigger the group, the more easy it is to defeat the world boss.

There are still a few points unresolöved :

For example that the Legacy Achievement lists a lot more pets than this boss is probably dropping. I really have no idea, since I participated in bringing this mutant down only once. So, I really can't say whether the monster is dropping a variety of pets or only 1.

I can, however, confirm from looking at the loot (didn't win the pet, though) that the Lylek which is mentioned in the Legacy Event Achievement drops there. As stated above, I have no clue about the rest.

I have come to the belief that the Event might indeed come to other planets as well, since there are other pets mentioned in the Event Legacy Achievement as well - of which I've never seen one.

The regular loot consists of a thing which can be used with the Jawa trader. However, for the Jawa trader, it is only 1 of several components used for these highly special items (one is the "infected Dewback", for example).

I could imagine other components coming froim the Eyeless One, at least 1 of the components is actually mentioned to com from the Eyeless One. Since I only participated once there in story mode), I can't say about it as well (and I didn't win the Eyeless One's component then, either).

I think, that's it so far. Please add more information as you are able to obtain more info.

Alrik

What highly irritated me yesterday was lots of people using "need" on the pet drop. PLus a few grey drops from nearby monsters (flying critters) as well. Which led me putting 11 people onto my ignore list, because I just couldn't understand why someone would do "need" for a pet ? And for grey "junk" items also ?

Unless they intend to sell the pet, NEED is the correct option for the pet. You NEED it for the achievement. As for junk items, they usually go for whoever picks them up first, unless the loot threshold is manually set to force a roll on those items, which is just plain stupid.

PETS:

• Pale Rakling – Frenzied Plaguebearer @ House Organa/Thul
  • Crimson Rakling – The Tunnel Lurker (rare)
  • Midnight Rakling – Lost Island (rare)
  • Fungal Rakling – Fungus Rakghouls (rare)
  • Symbiote Rakling – The Eyeless (rare)
  • Irradiated Rakling – Bought from Jeelvic
  • Contaminated Rakling – Bought from Jeelvic
  • Plagueshard Lylek – Shellshock
  • Plaguehorn Reek – Corellia/Tatooine Rakghoul Ressurgence
  • Plaguetooth Sleen – Corellia/Tatooine Rakghoul Ressurgence
  • Plaguetail Kowakian Monkey-Lizard – Bought from Jeelvic

If you're with a group of people you don't know, and the group hasn't decided loot rules, always need on pets and speeders. It's guaranteed that a large number of people will be needing on them, in your case most of the group, especially if they are rare drops. Needing is the only way you're going to get them. Of course it would be preferable if this was stated up front by the group leader so that people don't miss out by being polite. I have no idea why anyone would need on junk though.

If you're with a group of people you don't know, and the group hasn't decided loot rules, always need on pets and speeders. It's guaranteed that a large number of people will be needing on them, in your case most of the group, especially if they are rare drops. Needing is the only way you're going to get them. Of course it would be preferable if this was stated up front by the group leader so that people don't miss out by being polite. I have no idea why anyone would need on junk though.

I agree, always need on pets and mounts if you do not have them yet and want to collect them.

It is impossible to set a loot threshold to roll on junk items, the lowest loot you can roll on is Premium. Junk items are always given to a certain player:

- In the case of an alternating loot, the game chooses a random player who is able to pick up the junk item; all other players just receive the credits from the loot. If this player does not pick up the junk item after a while, it becomes FFA and the first person to pick it up gets it.

- In the case of a FFA loot, all players see the loot pillar and the first person to loot the item gets it.

There is only one case in which you will actually get a need/greed window for junk items: When you start attacking a mob while in a group and then the group dissolves before the mob is killed. Then, all players who were previously in that group get a need/greed window for the junk item. In this case, I will always pick need, because similar to mats, everyone has a use for this and can sell it.

Unless they intend to sell the pet, NEED is the correct option for the pet. You NEED it for the achievement. As for junk items, they usually go for whoever picks them up first, unless the loot threshold is manually set to force a roll on those items, which is just plain stupid.

PETS:

• Pale Rakling – Frenzied Plaguebearer @ House Organa/Thul
  • Crimson Rakling – The Tunnel Lurker (rare)
  • Midnight Rakling – Lost Island (rare)
  • Fungal Rakling – Fungus Rakghouls (rare)
  • Symbiote Rakling – The Eyeless (rare)
  • Irradiated Rakling – Bought from Jeelvic
  • Contaminated Rakling – Bought from Jeelvic
  • Plagueshard Lylek – Shellshock
  • Plaguehorn Reek – Corellia/Tatooine Rakghoul Ressurgence
  • Plaguetooth Sleen – Corellia/Tatooine Rakghoul Ressurgence
  • Plaguetail Kowakian Monkey-Lizard – Bought from Jeelvic

I can confirm this list, 100% correct. I am thinking that the Reek may come from Tatooine and the Sleen from Corellia, but we have to wait for those events to be sure.

You may want to mention that the Pale Rakling and the Crimson Rakling come from the previous Rakghoul event but they are available again this event.

Of course, you cannot get all of those pets yet because of reputation requirements, but by the next time the event comes around, you should be able to get them all.

And all of the pets have a different binding, some are BoP, some are BoE, some are BoL.

Edited by Jerba

Unless they intend to sell the pet, NEED is the correct option for the pet. You NEED it for the achievement.

No, I DO NOT NEED it !

NEED is EXCLUSIVELY for armor, weapons, and GEAR in general !

Welcome to my ignore list.

Needing is the only way you're going to get them.

No, this is just wrong.

NEED should be exclusive to gear.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

No, I DO NOT NEED it !

Who died and made you king of loot rolls?

Here's the truth: People are going to need on the pet, even if you don't agree with them rolling need. If I kill it in a pug, I'm going to roll need because I know others are going to roll need also.

Anyways, nobody can roll "need" on gray items, it's literally impossible to do so.

Greens are the lowest thing that ever pop up for rolling.

I call shenanigans on this whole thing. Either you're ignorant or you're lying to make it seem like more of a problem than it really is.

Edited by Beslley

Um, wow. Lol. I've played game nearly two years and never once seen anyone who didn't have a rare pet roll greed.

Need roll is acceptable for several other things besides gear. Ie, rare pets, rare speeders, and reputation tokens if you are not maxed on rep. I see 99% of all players need on all these things. If you ignore people for needing on rare pets or speeders, good luck finding many people to do endgame content with lol, as almost all ops drop rare speeders and almost everyone needs on them unless otherwise specified by ops leader or unless most people in group already have said speeder.

Other need items I see always needed on are cosmetic gear, ie, Karagas helm or dreadtooth mask drop.

Hello, everyone,

Alrik

Given the mechanics of Need vs Greed I always tell people to Need on Pets/Vehicles etc that drop from bosses if they want it. I tell them before the loot drops. Reason being simple if 15 people roll greed and one person waits and rolls need then they can ninja the item. Rather than have hard feelings better to get it out early that if you want it roll need. If you don't roll greed or pass (same effect if even one person rolls need).

No, I DO NOT NEED it !

No, this is just wrong.

Wow. its so simple. "need" if you need it for your current toon. "greed" if its for your companion or guild bank or whatever. "pass" if you dont want it.

if you are gonna put us on ignore list just because you have your own madeup rules while all community follows other. you will be doing lot of solo game and waiting in queue for fps and what not.

[*]Midnight Rakling – Lost Island (rare)

this one you can get it from kaon under siege fp. not sure of lost island . but i have done kaon under siege many times for this loot. you have an extra boss right side after bonus boss in same room.

Edited by Deadlynits

Don't think setting your own expectations/rules but not communicating them in a pug environment work very well.

In many guild/friend runs, this is common for vanity items:

Need if you don't have it at all.

Greed if you have it on at least one of your other toons.

Pass if you already have it on the toon you are on.

Pretty much what I do. I'll only Need on items that are an immediate upgrade to me. Other then that... if there is a pet or a speeder that I want then I'll Need on it as well. If it doesn't appeal to me then I'll Greed or just pass. I don't really care about selling it.

Lol this was hilarious =)

DUDE if you didnt Need it why are you mad that orhers do?

Or is it like so that you also needed it and just got mad coz you made a ****** roll?

Im really a bit afraid here to go on, dont wanna spend the rest of my life as I know it on your ignore list :D

I agree with most here that if you want something for the char you are on Need, for an alt Greed, if you dont care then Pass.

But again, Thanks this thread made my day!

No, I DO NOT NEED it !

No, this is just wrong.

Whoa. Welcome to my ignore list dude.

No, I DO NOT NEED it !

No, this is just wrong.

What you don't understand is the pet is treated as a raid token used to get achievements and rewards. IE it works in the same mechanics as a gear drop ergo Need is the right call

OP, take a chill pill k? Or drink some tea or something stronger maybe and relax would you? Rep items, pets, mount are fair game in group environment, in pugs even more so, unless otherwise specified. And if you're gonna make rules for a pug group make sure to bring a sedative if you're not the group leader, otherwise you're just gonna have a bad time.

Anyway event's over, resume grinding every one :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.