Dread Council HM 8 man - at last ....

So being an average group it took us more then most guilds to kill them but hey - we did it last night.

Just wanting to share how happy we are to finally kill it:

ps. Anyone know mechanic behind "Supercharged" buff that Brotnes can get? It happened to use once last night (never had this before with loads of wipes) and was like his normal phase from DF HM in burn phase. He casts this "Overpowered" skill then grow and goes into berserk. You can see this (him shooting people and knocking them away) in first part in which i show a nice wipe :p

Edited by Macio

ps. Anyone know mechanic behind "Supercharged" buff that Brotnes can get? It happened to use once last night (never had this before with loads of wipes) and was like his normal phase from DF HM in burn phase. He casts this "Overpowered" skill then grow and goes into berserk. You can see this (him shooting people and knocking them away) in first part in which i show a nice wipe :p

In that first part, Brontes was still above 20% when the other bosses came down and therefore too close to Bestia. The green buff you can see in Brontes' bar is the buff because Bestia was too close to him.

If you kill Brontes before the other bosses return, you won't have this problem.

Gratz on the kill! There are still many guilds who have not yet killed the council, so don't worry about other guilds having cleared it before you. :)

Edited by Jerba

In that first part, Brontes was still above 20% when the other bosses came down and therefore too close to Bestia. The green buff you can see in Brontes' bar is the buff because Bestia was too close to him.

If you kill Brontes before the other bosses return, you won't have this problem.

I think Azreal is right about this and you are mistaken. Boss buffed him self by casting "Overpowered" before other bosses came down. He did that when we got him down to 30%. We had him and other bosses down together before and he never did that "overpowered" cast. I can upload it if anything but i am sure it has nothing to do with other bosses comming down.

Gratz on the kill! There are still many guilds who have not yet killed the council, so don't worry about other guilds having cleared it before you. :)

Congratulations on the kill! This is the first one I've seen that uses hybrid for the Raptus kiter, and I have to say that I think it actually works better than either Assault/Pyro (also common) or Dirty Fighting/Lethality (what everyone seems to use). Being able to pop Sab Charge and have the second DPS actually increase your threat is really really slick, and the third DoT helps keep the steady damage up. Having your damage meter on screen helped a lot.

Anyway, as the others said, enjoy the achievement! Just because it took you longer to clear it doesn't detract from the difficulty of the fight. I know how psyched my group was when we cleared it. Those moments are why we progression raid.

As has been said, Overcharge comes from not getting Brontes's throne. It does definitely make for a very entertaining wipe reel, and isn't really something you do more than once. :-)

Edited by KeyboardNinja

This is the first one I've seen that uses hybrid for the Raptus kiter, and I have to say that I think it actually works better than either Assault/Pyro (also common) or Dirty Fighting/Lethality (what everyone seems to use). Being able to pop Sab Charge and have the second DPS actually increase your threat is really really slick, and the third DoT helps keep the steady damage up.

I modified standard hybrid build for this fight to give me more time between runs to use as much WS and SS which when done correctly i should be able to do ever other roll. Considering i have level 72 barrel i am very happy with DPS i can produce on this boss while kiting :)

Also hybrid produced more damage for me in burn phases then dirty fighting even though i don't not use PVP set for this fight

Edited by Macio

I modified standard hybrid build for this fight to give me more time between runs to use as much WS and SS which when done correctly i should be able to do ever other roll. Considering i have level 72 barrel i am very happy with DPS i can produce on this boss while kiting :)

Yeah, that's probably the highest DPS that I've seen from a kiter in your gear. Our kiter is an Assault Commando in full BiS 78s, and he gets a little over 2500 while kiting (vs almost 4k during the Styrak/Brontes phase).

I think Azreal is right about this and you are mistaken. Boss buffed him self by casting "Overpowered" before other bosses came down. He did that when we got him down to 30%. We had him and other bosses down together before and he never did that "overpowered" cast. I can upload it if anything but i am sure it has nothing to do with other bosses comming down.

Yeah, my bad, I never saw that before.

Apparently, as soon as Brontes hits 30% without a player having his crystal, he receives the buff "Supremacy - Dread Master Brontes has stopped playing around." Following that, all players receive a stacking debuff "Manifest Supremacy - Damage taken increased by 10% per stack as your mind and body unravel."

Your group had the debuffs at 8 stacks at the end, and in addition to the four other bosses returning and Brontes standing too close, the damage became unhealable.

It's always great to learn about new mechanics; I am sure this may become relevant in nightmare mode.

Edited by Jerba

Oh yay another Hybrid kiter! I use the same spec (as far as I can tell, nice to see someone else making use of Holdout Defense too), and like you I prefer Hybrid for the extra damage during phase 2 and the final burn phase. After watching that I'm going try to work in a little more damage into my kiting path. I'm usually more concerned with staying alive in 16 man >_<

Anyway grats on the kill! I think most people who remember their first kill on council can relate no matter when their first kill was =)

Edited by ArchangelLBC

I'm usually more concerned with staying alive in 16 man >_<

not sure about 16 man as i never did it, but as far as 8 man goes, as long as i don't over commit to DPS (which i still do from time to time :p ) he should never hit me. I get more damage from Tyrans thundering blast then from Raptus skills.

improved my kitting DPS over last one by applying flourish shot while running during no roll part. thanks to flourish shot my SS and Sabo charge gets a nice boost.

For most part of kiting in phase 1 I was able to keep 2.6k without any gear change.

Messed up in the final phase so DPS went down a bit but hey - they went down on forth try this week which is huge improvement over last time (this week we did it with three melee :p )

http://www.torparse.com/a/570330/6/0/Damage+Dealt

Unfortunately still have not won main hand :sy_blaster::mad:

Edited by Macio

So being an average group it took us more then most guilds to kill them but hey - we did it last night.

Just wanting to share how happy we are to finally kill it:

First gz.

We killed it last night for the first time (guess we are average ;)) but i am posting here, cause I want you to know that your vid actually helped us. We were thinking we low on dps, for the second phase, but we changed specs a bit with more area based and sent was always on Brontes and it worked. So second thanks for sharing it.

First gz.

We killed it last night for the first time (guess we are average ;)) but i am posting here, cause I want you to know that your vid actually helped us. We were thinking we low on dps, for the second phase, but we changed specs a bit with more area based and sent was always on Brontes and it worked. So second thanks for sharing it.

Hi and thanks :)

I am glad our video helped someone :) I always think that the way I get our fights done makes it easier for "average" groups to clear it. Those might not be the most efficient ways but they seems to work.

There is not much you can do different on some fights like Dread Council but you can always tweak it a bit to make it easier on certain parts.

We had healers add to DPS. As you noticed, keeping both bosses up for longer gives you advantage of AoE damage applied to both more times increasing DPS.

Someone said in previouse replays - every next time will be easier and it was. We killed it last week after just 4 tries ... so i hope same goes for your group.

and well done for killing them !!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.