Guild or Privately bought space station

fullredemption

In some MMO's like LOTRO you or your guild can own a building you can customize as you wish, I'm not asking for some extravagant super huge space station but maybe for a half a billion credits or do you could buy a space station to which you could buy certain furnishings. Imagine a circular space station with a canteens in the middle (much like the faction space stations) but with the ability to customize where the furniture is in it to an extent. Then maybe around the station you can buy and place vendors, beds, decor, among other things. Pazzak table maybe? With a library and a buck of holocrons and ancient with armor around for display?

Start with 2 Million credits, since a "Guild" really should work for something like that, then allow "upgrades" for things like Guild vendors (med bots and such) training dummies as someone was asking about in general chat over on the Imp side last week (To which I replied "Yeah, they are called "Pubs") and any other desirable that a Guild could place inside their station; for use by the Guild's members only though. Guild bank (obviously) would be accessible there as well. And if BW wanted to get really crazy, they could allow purchasable items (BoP) usable only by members of that Guild. IDK, med packs with a slightly higher effect for example, or any other consumable item. I would say gear that displayed the Guild emblem, but we do not have that feature in the game....so the rest will have to suffice. ;)

Ugh...so I'm just going to copy and paste my previous responses:

I think they said they couldn't figure out how to implement guild ships because they were afraid it would only be fun for the guild leader.

As I've also mentioned before in another thread guild housing is also a terrible idea. Yeah, it sounds neat, but let me put my fortune teller hat on. This is what will happen: In the first weeks, maybe even month, it'll be neat, people will be there milling around. After that people will realize its boring and go do dailies and the only people left will be a few people idling waiting for queues to pop or using the GTN (if such a thing was there). Be honest with yourselves, its a novelty that wouldn't be used to any significant degree in the long run and would end up a desolate place that was a waste of developer time.

I can't understand the desire to have your toons physically near each other to "hang out". You have guild chat. Its an isolated place you can chat with your guildies. You play an MMO. You're not physically near anyone you communicate with, why are you so hung up on that outmoded concept for in-game interaction? "I want a place where my guildies can meet!" Right...that's what guild chat is. There aren't even chat bubbles. Having your characters near each other doesn't mean anything, you don't get any benefit.

Well, if it was a feasible idea that had a chance at being implemented, then I would say it would ALSO be a place that Guilds could post their trophies. in other words, the idea would take a lot of coding that would more then likely NOT be considered. Guild world boss kills for example, would provide a displayable trophy in the Station. thats just an example, and I am not going to keep posting them, because as I said,, it is more then likely not going to happen just based on the amount of coding over old content that would need to be done.

Some people are proud of their guilds, and want to have certain things that are just "Guild specific". I would imagine some of the younger more group oriented players would love the idea. Some of us older players could probably care less about playing "Decorate My Space" however.

Its nice that they provide us a space to post ideas / suggestions, but I for one believe it would be a lot better to submit them in a private format, and have them polled in the forums; that would still result in getting the general community responses that they are after. that way no one gets their feelbads hurt when someone rips their ideas down because they don't agree with it, and as someone in an earlier post said, the trolling will probably be less likely to sway the views of other people that would post, but do not due to negative feedback.

Just my opinion though...

Ugh...so I'm just going to copy and paste my previous responses:

So, leme throw this out there. RP GUILDS. Rp guilds would use this HEAVILY. Instead I having a meeting in a random place where people can go and screw with it they could instead have it on their guild ship or station. And maybe, maybe, they could have a quest giver on your ship or station who will give you unique missions or guild missions, defense missions. Something of the sort. Then if you added GvG like someone commented earlier, for defending your guilds station or ship there could be commendations much like PvP, ten you could trade them in to get different armors like you do with warzone commendations. Only with different armors than that you get from Warzone commendations.

See, as I said before, the idea has possibilities, its just a matter of if it can be implemented really. It opens up a load of additional "future" content in the form of Guild dailies (like you find in other games already) the possibility (as I mentioned earlier) of guild specific items, gear, etc (the emblem might even be one of the implemented items) but if it can't get past the negative feedback, the chances of it being looked at seriously, are low.

I think its a nice idea. Granted, I would probably not be able to have one for my guild, since I am the only one in it, but still it would be a nice idea. It would add other elements to the game (like the GvG PvP that I know a lot of Guilds, even on non PvP servers would get into) and provide more for players' to do aside from what they do daily.

*Edit*

Sorry, when I mentioned negative feedback, I was not implying that it should not be allowed; I should have worded things better. What I meant to say, but forgot to type, is that its nice when someone comes in with positive feedback as well. I apologize if I made it seem like your opinion didn't matter, because imho everyone should be entitled to their opinion.

Edited by GamerIncognito
Correct an error in my post

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.