Old Republic Dads, a guild for the working adult

Nepthen

(updated 3-16-2015)

We at Old Republic Dads (and Old Imperial Dads) just wanted to inform the community of The Shadowlands that we are always accepting applications.

As a member of MOG Nation (http://www.mognation.enjin.com), our focus is to create a community that is perfect for the adult gamer. We pride ourselves on building a community of mature, like-minded gamers who understand that real life is more important than logging into a game. Whether you can play eight hours a day or only 2 hours a week, you can find a fun environment here.

Our guild was founded as Republic only but we have an Imperial side called Old Imperial Dads. We currently have multiple Operation teams running, some with open spots for full time members. In fact we have at least one operation group running every night of the week, each with varying progression goals and personalities. We also have GSF groups that form almost every night and have recently started knocking the dust off our PvP gear. We try to plan events often enough and they are usually an absolute riot (naked TFB anyone?!). Most of all, we are a family and always jump at the opportunity to help each other.

Are you in a really small guild of a close knit group of friends and are hesitant to jump ship? That's cool too; just apply and stick one of your characters into ORD to give us a try (we let our members be in multiple guilds). Who knows, maybe you'll bring your friends in too!

ORD has a guild ship for both main guilds on either faction. While our push for conquest has died down since obtaining Galaxy Conqueror (tied for server first with WOOK), we still participate when we can and have taken planets since.

If you're interested, check out our website at http://www.oldrepublicdads.enjin.com and apply now. You may also PM me here or in-game. My main Republic contact is Nepthen and my Imperial contact is Evilnepthen. Are you a GM of a small guild who may be interested in joining us? That works too! Fill out an application or send me an in-game mail and let's start chatting!

:D

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Nepthen

• 2 weeks later...

Old Republic Dads would like to welcome its newest members:

Aleckto

Chani

Hellsingp

Shadamear

Stonebreaker

Also, one of our operation groups, The Buddy Bunch, achieved guild-first by clearing HM Dread Palace this past Sunday night. Great job guys!

Are you still recruiting for imp side? M=heals/sorc A=rpds/BH. I've been playing since launch but the last year been pretty on and off. I recently resubbed and am looking for a casual adult oriented guild that I could fill a spot in an ops group.

We always accept new members even if they prefer the Imperial Side over the Republic. However, I won't lie to you: Our guild is predominantly Republic. While a lot of us have Imperial characters (I have four) most of us "main" on the Republic Side.

Of the eight operation groups we have, one is Imperial. They are a steady group, though and keep to their raiding schedule each week.

Oh, I am glad to see you are still going strong!

Once upon a time our two guilds had a player-made open-world 'PVP' event where we did pod racing on Tattoine.

We broke into two teams: racers and 'shooters.' Everyone flagged for PVP and then we raced a preset course and the 'shooters' tried to dismount the racers.

Fun times.

Lots of newcomers to post about!

Old Republic Dads is pleased to welcome the following to our ranks:

AkaniOrdo

Breech

Claton

djiimmy

Emilmcugly

ExplodeMonke

Gal'Dran

Quirky

Rabeno

solonem

Tashea

Vela

We're so excited to be getting all these great new members! We're hoping another Ops group will spring up out of the recent group as many have expressed interest in running some end game PvE!

I'm currently a stay-at-home dad with our newborn and curious as whether you guys have anybody that routinely plays during the daytime. The way you've described yourselves in your post (as well as your website), I think we'd be a good fit.

I was an early access player but left the game almost two years ago due to military deployment. I ran EV SM up to last boss before I left. I just returned to the game and I am looking for a guild ready to run HM Flashpoints and SM Operations (would like to start at the beginning and finish EV). All gear is augmented and mods are 28(66) or better.

Ellohan,

Our guild has a wide range of play times. While I mostly play at night once the kiddos are asleep, the few times I've been home during the week and could log in, there were some members online. I would say the majority of our members play in the evening hours but you shouldn't be completely alone during the day.

Thank you,

• 2 weeks later...

Old Republic Dads is pleased to welcome the following to our ranks:

Ahsh

Cen'nen

Fal-ko

Goboin

Illanso

Kraytspit

Oakshil

Punchanelllo

Senvalore

SlaversBane

Tan'see

Trat'aab

WilliamBonny

With so many amazing people joining us, we are really close to getting another Operation team up and running. Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Old Republic Dads would like to welcome to the following to our family:

DarthSparky14

Fizzle

Iggy

Judaah

Olcayto

Síodhachan

We're so glad to have you with us!

We're also pleased to announce a new Operation Team has formed, calling themselves the Force Pistols. They're made up about half and half veteran/newcomers to raiding and are already working on HM TFB.

As always, ORD is still accepting applications! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Old Republic Dads is happy to welcome the following to our family:

A'shik

Bleed

Bubonik

Dr'daniel

Esapia

Josf

Phorlands

T'riage

As always, ORD is accepting applications. Great things are coming for our guild, with the anticipation of 2.9 coming this summer. Guild ships here we come!

Thank you,

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of recruits to welcome to ORD:

Alphahoof

Archaiic

Betapaw

Carnifexx

Comoke1024

Daddio4g

Enmon

Kalavar

MPTrooper

Mystryon

Psycholord

Solus

Temato

Thera122

Zöëy

Two of our 8m teams (Wardens of the West and The Darvanis Cartel) joined forces and have created ORD's first full-time 16m Hard Mode Progression operation team, The Wardens of Darvannis!

ORD PvP is trying to make a comeback. You'll see more of us in the 55s bracket. We're rusty... but the dust has to come off eventually, right?

In anticipation of guild ships in a few months, we have increased our bank funds (read: quadrupled so far). We need our ORD fleet!

As always, ORD is accepting applications! Come on and join the fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Old Republic Dads is happy to welcome the following to our ranks:

Barn

Fenix

Guld

Loudshirt

Myc

Thurn

For those interested in joining, we are always accepting applications. We have a few spots on some operation teams that need permanent characters. Some of our members are trying to get 55 PvP back up and running, too!

• 4 weeks later...

More newcomers to ORD within the past few weeks:

archaeofoster

BigAL

Crossfade

Daekar

Iujok

Kcoranos

Labtc

Onihayashi

PlowboySamurai

wsmith27

Of course, we welcome anyone interested to fill out an application. Our 16m HM operation team is looking for up to 5 DPS to round out a solid roster.

• 3 weeks later...

ORD would like to welcome the following members:

drlovefish

e5dra5

Jama

Lookbomb

NefariousMonk

Ravak

Stekehaven

Strykor (previous reply in this thread!)

Xapphira

Thank you all! I've updated the initial post with more information about our upcoming guild ship purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... I've been slacking. So many new faces here since I last posted:

benjy

bobgens

Couzzin

Dugaan

Dutch17

El'drinath

ezrafetch

Greybishop

hammerit

Infinite0utcome

Jynni

kodosthealien

Li-Vek

Lsoko1991

mallize

manabuka

medatho

Minraja

revennn

Slim Dunkin

SmugglinStinker

Vudash

Yosemite

Lots of new faces! I've updated the original post with more information regarding our ship.

• 2 weeks later...

So many new faces within ORD; it's great! We'd like to welcome the following to ORD:

Aeriston2

Arkaleus

Battery-H

Big Daddy

BooneSkydrifter

Commander

DarthMed

EdjeNelase

Elsololoco

Feindbild

Hieron

jpboutin