The Eyeless

The healers I had today could barely keep me up in full 78 set bonus gear; one operative in Obroan, one sorc in 78s. Doesn't hit as hard as Nefra does, but I wouldn't want to tank it in Arkanian gear.

The only thing that's hard about that boss is his melee hate mechanic.

I wonder which ledge it was that you were hiding on. becasue I don't see how that boss can be soloed without some sort of an exploit.

I have no idea if he has actual enrage, but from a pug experience, you eventually run out of the space to stand on, if dps is too slow. he hits the tank very VERY hard, when healing it I pretty much stuck to tank the entire time, becasue the moment I'd switch targets even for a second to throw some probes in a direction of the rest of the group? he'd go squish. and since it was the exact tank that I heal through our hardmode etc runs? I know he's not that squishy.

so pardon me for having serious doubts about that solo kill claim, unless evidence is provided (no, screenshot of an achievement window doesn't count as it does show that you killed it solo. only that you killed it.) video would be best.

I wonder which ledge it was that you were hiding on. becasue I don't see how that boss can be soloed without some sort of an exploit.

I have no idea if he has actual enrage, but from a pug experience, you eventually run out of the space to stand on, if dps is too slow. he hits the tank very VERY hard, when healing it I pretty much stuck to tank the entire time, becasue the moment I'd switch targets even for a second to throw some probes in a direction of the rest of the group? he'd go squish. and since it was the exact tank that I heal through our hardmode etc runs? I know he's not that squishy.

so pardon me for having serious doubts about that solo kill claim, unless evidence is provided (no, screenshot of an achievement window doesn't count as it does show that you killed it solo. only that you killed it.) video would be best.

You really missed the joke, didn't you?

apparently yes. I know explaining ruins the punchline, but please, indulge me?

Well more of a sarcastic one, but I think he is trying to mock progression raiders. He thinks the fight is just hard enough that we will create a thread and start claiming progression on the boss, or at least that's how I understood it.

The healers I had today could barely keep me up in full 78 set bonus gear; one operative in Obroan, one sorc in 78s. Doesn't hit as hard as Nefra does, but I wouldn't want to tank it in Arkanian gear.

He hits hard after that aoe purple smash. You are taking no damage through fight, and then in 1 second you are down to 20%. Tanked it first so I know what to do when I healed it (on my fully pvp geared scoundrel, no pve gear).

But fight itself is silly for meele, as a range I just chose a spot away form people, 90% of time nothign bothers me, no adds no aoe.

Well more of a sarcastic one, but I think he is trying to mock progression raiders. He thinks the fight is just hard enough that we will create a thread and start claiming progression on the boss, or at least that's how I understood it.

ah. OP is one of those people. gotcha.

Progression thread for a "boss" that drops an Arkanian token in Hard Mode?

OP: funny, but a little obvious given the drops from this "boss".

6/10

Just gonna link something from a post by the OP.

Finalslinger

<Severity Gaming>

I'm at work so I can't check (it may say in-game). What are the recommended gear specs for HM? Not solo, obviously.

Trying to figure out if I can tank it in 66/69 gear.

I tanked this in 78/72s with a co-tank in 78/72s/69s and the healers said it was an incredibly heal-intense fight.

Granted, the melee-hate mechanics are what most doomed us.

He hits like a freight train in HM. Up and down on the health bar all fight. Full set bonus and when the shield took it everything was grand, but when it didn't... Collapsed on a regular hit for 29K, then torn up with some more RNG craziness after rez.

Loved it though. It was definitely a challenge for HM, and one that will keep players on their toes the entire time. People who go to sleep will be taken out, and may take part of the raid with them. I also liked that he wasn't putting me on my back or stunning me every five seconds. Got him down to 15% or so before succumbing to my wounds, but OT took over and saved the day while the raid finished plinking him down. Definitely felt like we had done something when it was over. Still had to buy my barnacles though =p

Can't imagine what this would look like for NiM. Nice to see a fight that doesn't just let you stand there, pop cooldowns at the right time, and call it a day. Would be interesting to heal as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.