PVE - Madness Hybrid Skill/Stat Distribution (for theorycrafters)?

Almoehi

Hello to you fellow shadow/assasin dps.

i've been playing a lot of madness hybrid lately and tried several configurations for skill/stat-distribution to optimise dps.

Unfortunately my inet connection isn't the fastest, so i can't get reliable results on dummy parses (miss-chance also seems to differ from ops-bosses).

Anyway here is my question: what should be best for Madness-Hybrid (crit rating not regarded) on OPS-Bosses?

all values for BiS Dread-Forged gear (please don't sue me for the numbers, i am writing this of my head ;))

1) 3/18/25 with 5 parts accuracy -> 100,4% acc / 72,7% surge

2) 3/18/25 with 4 parts acc. + 1 acc. aug -> 99,7% acc / 74,5% surge (that's my current config)

3) 3/18/25 with 4 parts acc. + 2 acc. augs -> 100,7% acc / 74,5% surge

4) 2/18/26 with 5 parts acc. + 1 acc. aug -> 100% acc / 72,7% surge: lower force-technique crit + 10% surge bonus on FiB & dots

5) 2/18/26 with 5 parts acc. -> 99,4% acc / 72,7% surge: noticable misses on dot application (e.g ForceBreach failed 2-3 times on Grob'thok)

So from my experiences accuracy should at least be over 99,5%.

Secondary question: does crit-rating have considerable influence between above configurations regarding the differences in surge bonus?

It would be very interesting to hear your opinions (calculations ;))

Thank you!

O'dan @T3-M4

Hello to you fellow shadow/assasin dps.

i've been playing a lot of madness hybrid lately and tried several configurations for skill/stat-distribution to optimise dps.

Unfortunately my inet connection isn't the fastest, so i can't get reliable results on dummy parses (miss-chance also seems to differ from ops-bosses).

Anyway here is my question: what should be best for Madness-Hybrid (crit rating not regarded) on OPS-Bosses?

all values for BiS Dread-Forged gear (please don't sue me for the numbers, i am writing this of my head ;))

1) 3/18/25 with 5 parts accuracy -> 100,4% acc / 72,7% surge

2) 3/18/25 with 4 parts acc. + 1 acc. aug -> 99,7% acc / 74,5% surge (that's my current config)

3) 3/18/25 with 4 parts acc. + 2 acc. augs -> 100,7% acc / 74,5% surge

4) 2/18/26 with 5 parts acc. + 1 acc. aug -> 100% acc / 72,7% surge: lower force-technique crit + 10% surge bonus on FiB & dots

5) 2/18/26 with 5 parts acc. -> 99,4% acc / 72,7% surge: noticable misses on dot application (e.g ForceBreach failed 2-3 times on Grob'thok)

So from my experiences accuracy should at least be over 99,5%.

Secondary question: does crit-rating have considerable influence between above configurations regarding the differences in surge bonus?

It would be very interesting to hear your opinions (calculations ;))

Thank you!

O'dan @T3-M4

I would start by getting rid of any option that doesn't leave you at 100% accuracy. DPS scales linearly with accuracy %, and not as well for surge, so getting to that 100% hump is the best you can do, disregarding how much actual rating you need to get there. I haven't done the math, but I'm not sure it would be wise to not pick up the 3% accuracy, as getting to 100% with the bonus is still pretty expensive to your surge rating. Also, every augment you put towards Accuracy is one less towards your main stat, resulting in lower base damage. does a 10% surge bonus on a lot of your damage make up for it? I'd have to do some more solid math on that one.

Hi,

but that is exactly the point of my question.

There seems to be no linear scaling of dps with accuracy but a threshold.

Once you are above a certain value of accuracy (99,5%?!) you don't miss anymore on bosses except 1-2% on your default attack (saber strike) which you dont use anyway as hybrid.

Although i have to admit that this is based on a very small number of parses.

Greetings.

O'dan @T3-M4

Hi,

but that is exactly the point of my question.

There seems to be no linear scaling of dps with accuracy but a threshold.

Once you are above a certain value of accuracy (99,5%?!) you don't miss anymore on bosses except 1-2% on your default attack (saber strike) which you dont use anyway as hybrid.

Although i have to admit that this is based on a very small number of parses.

Greetings.

O'dan @T3-M4

It's just that you haven't gone through enough parses to see that you still miss. When you only miss 0.5% of the time (5 of every 1000 attacks), you don't see the misses very often, but they will happen. When I have some more time, I may try to figure out how much of a % your DPS increases (as a % of your DPS at 100% accuracy) with each point of accuracy, and give a function for it, but it's going to be flawed, because it's very difficult to factor in what that does to your surge, and I don't really have the time to do the math.

EDIT: If you aren't using Saber Strike as a Shadow dps, you're not spending enough of your force on higher damage moves or you're suffering a low number of attacks per minute, as Saber Strike is necessary to keep your force up in every single spec (including the awkward Combat/Balance hybrid with +30% force regen)

Edited by Aelanis

Hm maybe you're right regarding accuracy, i will do parses over the next weeks and see where it is going...

But have you ever played the 3/18/25 with cheaper shadowstrike after 2.5?

I can assure you with careful timing on blackout/forcecloak you won't need to saberstrike unless you are extremely unlucky with procs. And for APM - i'am at 3,3K on Grob'thok without hitting too many adds :)

O'dan @T3-M4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.