Rakghoul event and Containment Officer suits, will we ever get another shot at those?

Rhesus_TOR

The title says it all. For newcomer players or players that only played a single faction during the original Rakghoul event, there's currently no way to obtain either of the original Rakghoul event suits.

Will the means to obtaining both suits ever come back? If not, you're going to lock the vast majority of players out of the "Sharp Dresser" achievement.

Edited by Rhesus_TOR

Good to see I'm not the only one wondering about this.

Hopefully they change the requirements to Sharp Dresser. It's unreasonable to have the meta as-is considering both events were around long before the meta was ever added and there wasn't any indication that they'd be part of it.

The title says it all. For newcomer players or players that only played a single faction during the original Rakghoul event, there's currently no way to obtain either of the original Rakghoul event suits.

Will the means to obtaining both suits ever come back? If not, you're going to lock the vast majority of players out of the "Sharp Dresser" achievement.

Hopefully not.

This REALLY IS about entitlement, after all.

Sometimes we make decision and have to live with the consequences of those decisions. Some players CHOSE not to obtain certain limited time sets and now they want to cry foul because THEY CHOSE not to do so. Some players were not playing at the time and now they want to cry foul because THEY CHOSE not to play at that time. Some players only played one faction and now they want to cry foul because THEY CHOSE to only play one faction.

This achievement requires that obtained limited time sets for no reason other than to just obtain them, not that you obtained them ONLY because they were required for an achievement.

You know, it's just not a big deal.If they changed it. fine. If they leave it as-is, fine. Leaving it as-is is the simpler way, however.

Hopefully not.

Sometimes we make decision and have to live with the consequences of those decisions. Some players CHOSE not to obtain certain limited time sets and now they want to cry foul because THEY CHOSE not to do so. Some players were not playing at the time and now they want to cry foul because THEY CHOSE not to play at that time. Some players only played one faction and now they want to cry foul because THEY CHOSE to only play one faction.

This achievement requires that obtained limited time sets for no reason other than to just obtain them, not that you obtained them ONLY because they were required for an achievement.

Player 1: "I want to earn something"

Player 2: "Stop acting so entitled."

Player 3: *studies theoretical physics, builds a time machine, and disturbs the proper order of universal constants in order to get video game clothes?*

Sometimes, in the course of a long-running game like an MMO, some quest rewards become impossible to obtain.

Those rewards become effectively bragging rights, or at least something "special", to the people who were here to obtain them.

The interesting thing of it is, this will keep happening. Even in this game. Some quest reward that you are able to get now will in the future become unavailable. Then you'll have special snowflake status for being here now, just like others have that status for being here, then.

Don't fight it. Embrace it.

Edited by DarthTHC

You guys would have hated Asheron's Call.

Asheron's Call had monthly events and the rewards were often one time only items.

A few people would obtain these items and that was it.

One event there was one item per server and it was one of the most powerful armors in the game for years...

and you are worried about an armor shell?

You guys would have hated Asheron's Call.

Asheron's Call had monthly events and the rewards were often one time only items.

A few people would obtain these items and that was it.

One event there was one item per server and it was one of the most powerful armors in the game for years...

and you are worried about an armor shell?

It irritates lots of people that there is an achievement tied to it. And the armor is from times when we had no achievements, so lot of people did not bother getting it, or they did not have imp/rep chars on high enough level, etc...

Hopefully not.

Some people that are playing now, weren't playing TOR at all during the first rakghoul event? ;)

Some people that are playing now, weren't playing TOR at all during the first rakghoul event? ;)

The VAST majority of those players had the choice to lay at that time, but simply chose not to do so. Does that mean they should be entitled to everything that was EVER in the game when they finally choose to start playing?

The VAST majority of those players had the choice to lay at that time, but simply chose not to do so. Does that mean they should be entitled to everything that was EVER in the game when they finally choose to start playing?

Entitled would mean having stuff for free. I think the folks just want a shot at being able to earn the stuff. wouldn't that be fair?

Entitled would mean having stuff for free. I think the folks just want a shot at being able to earn the stuff. wouldn't that be fair?

We misuse the word "entitled" around here a lot.

"Entitled" actually means, in our context:

to give (a person or thing) a title, right, or claim to something; furnish with grounds for laying claim

IBM uses the term, "entitlement" to mean that one of its customers has purchased licensing to its software. Once a customer has done that, they are "entitled" to use that software per the license.

There is nothing wrong with "entitlement". It's good and just and fair, in reality.

The challenge comes in when people get a false sense of entitlement - they start believing they are owed something which they are, in fact, not owed.

/education

They are not entitled to a "shot" at everything that was ever in the game, especially if they were not even playing when something was available.

Is it fair to the person who was playing at that time and invested a a lot of time into obtaining something limited when he could have spent that time doing something else if they just made it available to every TOM, Dick and Harry who ever starts playing this game?

What about the people who start playing 2 years from now? Should they have a shot to obtain the founder's title?

If you're answer is "no", why not? Is it because that was a limited time thing? Is it because it's no longer obtainable?

Guess what? Those three sets of armor were limited time things and are no longer obtainable, just like the founder title.

I'd be happy with any sort of actual official announcement of the event and a slight idea where to go and what to do to get started with it all. Shouldn't have to wait until after the event is launched for news articles about it to be released.

It irritates lots of people that there is an achievement tied to it. And the armor is from times when we had no achievements, so lot of people did not bother getting it, or they did not have imp/rep chars on high enough level, etc...

If something in a computer is all it takes to irritate them, they either have some mixed up priorities or a pretty easy life.

Guess the folks @ bw shouldn't troll their players into fullfilling achivements which involve the ownership of said armor sets then.

I would imagine that those players without the required three sets of limited time armor could do one of two things. They could either collect the sets they want and not worry about the achievement since they do not have all the sets to get the achievement, or they could whine, cry, throw temper tantrums, try to blame someone else for their actions and choice not to obtain said armors and bang their fists on the floor while holding their breath like petulant children.

i find this event stupid and annoying why couldnt u just have it be as a quest i got poeple coming around infecting me i spent 10k already for this stupid event im mad and pissed i have no intention on doing this event its ruining my game play cause when i try to attack stuff he starts to get sick this is bogus and if the damn vaccine wasnt 2k id buy some if it was like 100 creds would be alot better not all of us care for this stupid event and i for one cant wait till its gone liek i said it shoulda been a quest thing not hey let me blow this disease on people and piss them off cause people dont care

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.