The Official Armor Wishlist Thread

I would love it if we could have some more "casual" clothing, like clothing that you could expect civilians to wear, ankle length boots, leggings, simpler tunics. Sometimes an outfits just ends up looking over the top when you don't have something casual to pair it with.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2023 at 3:45 AM, Goreshaga said:

I'd really like a Bo Katan inspired armor set. I'd particularly love the owl like helmet (one thing though, please don't make that helmet sound like the Infamous Bounty Hunter one, this one sounds awful).

Yeah, some Mandalorian helmets have the "voice-changer" effects, some don't, there's plenty in the game that don't, they're fairly easy to find.  But personally, I use the Infamous Bounty Hunter Helmet on BOTH of my Mando characters, and I love the sound of the voice, makes them seem more menacing in a way! 😈

So really, it's a personal preference kind of thing, for sure.  I have spoken! :csw_fett:

12 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

Yeah, some Mandalorian helmets have the "voice-changer" effects, some don't, there's plenty in the game that don't, they're fairly easy to find.  But personally, I use the Infamous Bounty Hunter Helmet on BOTH of my Mando characters, and I love the sound of the voice, makes them seem more menacing in a way! 😈

So really, it's a personal preference kind of thing, for sure.  I have spoken! :csw_fett:

I don't find that voice modulation particularly intimitading tbh, more ridiculously robotic, and it sounds nothing like what we should  have on Mando helmets.

I wouldn't mind it on a Sith themed helmet, i'd not really care on a non movie accurate Mando helmet as we have plenty of these, but considering the Infamous BH is the only one that's movie accurate, it would've been nice to have a movie accurate voice modulator as well.

Besides, i didn't ask to change it, i know they wouldn't, i just asked for them not to use a voice modulator i hate, on a helmet i'm asking to be added and would like to be able to use if i'm going to spent CC on. It's already bad enough that i bought the Infamous BH set mostly for a helmet that i ended up being unable to use on my Mandos, as i absolutely hate how it make them sound (which unfortunately i couldn't hear before buying) and can now only use on my Mando companions as, last i heard, the voice modulation didn't apply during cutscenes for them, though it is still irritating to hear that robotic voice while on the overworld.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Goreshaga said:

I don't find that voice modulation particularly intimitading tbh, more ridiculously robotic, and it sounds nothing like what we should  have on Mando helmets.

I wouldn't mind it on a Sith themed helmet, i'd not really care on a non movie accurate Mando helmet as we have plenty of these, but considering the Infamous BH is the only one that's movie accurate, it would've been nice to have a movie accurate voice modulator as well.

Besides, i didn't ask to change it, i know they wouldn't, i just asked for them not to use a voice modulator i hate, on a helmet i'm asking to be added and would like to be able to use if i'm going to spent CC on. It's already bad enough that i bought the Infamous BH set mostly for a helmet that i ended up being unable to use on my Mandos, as i absolutely hate how it make them sound (which unfortunately i couldn't hear before buying) and can now only use on my Mando companions as, last i heard, the voice modulation didn't apply during cutscenes for them, though it is still irritating to hear that robotic voice while on the overworld.

What would be nice is if they'd give us a toggle for the voice modulation, to turn it on or off.  That could definitely be useful for any helmet with an effect. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ReKabNad said:

What would be nice is if they'd give us a toggle for the voice modulation, to turn it on or off.  That could definitely be useful for any helmet with an effect. 

This could be nice. Or an option to choose between a few voice modulation on each helmet, from barely noticeable, like it is on most Mando helmets, to very robotic, like it is on the Infamous BH one.

Another toggle to never forcefully remove helmets during cutscenes would be nice too.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda like the voice modulator on the Helmets.  But I think having a toggle would be cool, so that folks could have it either way, it would be the best of both worlds.

However,  can someone please tell the armor designers to use  SYMMETRY, Holy Molly !! 

I love the helmet from the Infamous Bounty Hunter set, but the rest of it is ruined because the shoulders don't match.  I see all kinds of posts in this forum where players rant about shoulder armor pieces being stupidly huge, and not symmetrical.  The same is true of the Mandalorian Stormbringer set.  The set is ruined because of the shoulder pieces not being symmetrical.  Ri'kan's Armor set is the best pick so far, only because the shoulders look the same.  ... but "Frack !!!" it is hugely annoying because of the one silver shoulder piece.  Why ?  Why can't I color it to match the other shoulder piece?  

I just saw the new Mandalorian Nomad Armor set...  the helmet looks good, but you ruined the rest of it.  For the Love of all that is Holy in this universe,  can we get some SYMMETRY ?   Please?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ChrisLinger said:

I just saw the new Mandalorian Nomad Armor set...  the helmet looks good, but you ruined the rest of it.  For the Love of all that is Holy in this universe,  can we get some SYMMETRY ?   Please?

I felt the same way with this new set. It a GREAT looking set and I could even deal with the mismatched shoulder pauldrons (even though it would look better if they were both like the right shoulder) but then...it's missing 1 leg plate? Like...WHY!?!?!

Edited by TyrFoge
  • Like 1

With the addition of armor sets from the shows, I'd love to see an addition of armor sets from the High Republic Era that's also coming out at the same timeish. Some Gold and White Jedi robes, Nihil inspired outfits, or like drengir infected looks to outfits (kinda like that Synthetic Biofiber armor set but with actual leaves, branches, vines)

18 hours ago, TyrFoge said:

I felt the same way with this new set. It a GREAT looking set and I could even deal with the mismatched shoulder pauldrons ( even though it would look better if they were both like the right shoulder )

but then...it's missing 1 leg plate? Like...WHY!?!?!

SWTOR.COM  are you listening?

SYMMETRY   !!!

My post above was my first post on the forums.  I am not really the kinda person who spends time on the forums.  But this is aggravating.  My original urge was to jump on here and smack talk the Art Department / Art Nerds and belittle their expensive degrees...  then I remembered that I myself took Art History in College when I minored in Movie Theory, before becoming a sports photographer ( Paintball ) for a short while.  So, I will abstain from making a fool of myself.  It is my opinion that symmetrical armor is important.  Just take a moment and look at any soldier.  The armor is symmetrical, meaning the protection is symmetrical.  The pouches and equipment we hang on top of that armor might not be...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChrisLinger said:

SWTOR.COM  are you listening?

SYMMETRY   !!!

My post above was my first post on the forums.  I am not really the kinda person who spends time on the forums.  But this is aggravating.  My original urge was to jump on here and smack talk the Art Department / Art Nerds and belittle their expensive degrees...  then I remembered that I myself took Art History in College when I minored in Movie Theory, before becoming a sports photographer ( Paintball ) for a short while.  So, I will abstain from making a fool of myself.  It is my opinion that symmetrical armor is important.  Just take a moment and look at any soldier.  The armor is symmetrical, meaning the protection is symmetrical.  The pouches and equipment we hang on top of that armor might not be...

Symmetrical armor will look boring and unrealistic especially for bounty hunters because they don't wear uniforms, they wear DIY sets of armor that they assemble over time and upgrade constantly. Mandalorians are not the military, they don't have strictly standardized uniforms. They were supposed to look like a tribe or a gang that wears repurposed pillaged armor in combination with their own crafted helmets, vests, and other gear that represents their culture.

You could say they overdid it with asymmetry on the latest set but what you're asking for fits more to the trooper or an agent armor sets.

Edited by Voroschuk

11 hours ago, Voroschuk said:

Symmetrical armor will look boring and unrealistic especially for bounty hunters because they don't wear uniforms, they wear DIY sets of armor that they assemble over time and upgrade constantly. Mandalorians are not the military, they don't have strictly standardized uniforms. They were supposed to look like a tribe or a gang that wears repurposed pillaged armor in combination with their own crafted helmets, vests, and other gear that represents their culture.

You could say they overdid it with asymmetry on the latest set but what you're asking for fits more to the trooper or an agent armor sets.

Jango Fett
Boba Fett
Din Djarin 
(current)
Bo Katan

Every one of these characters have symmetrical shoulder pieces.  For the most part they all have Symmetrical armor, with the exception of Din Djarin having different thigh pieces.  I get that some Mandalorians are poor...  None of the Mandalorians listed above are poor.  My Mandalorians are all wealthy.  I have had over $3 Billion in game credits at one time.  LoL, so my Mandalorians are NOT poor.  I should not have to piece meal my armor together from scraps.

EDITED to add;

Take a look at the last three episodes of the "Mandalorian",  more that 90% of all the Mandalorians in the Covert have Symmetrical armor.  The paint schemes are not all symmetrical, some are, but the armor itself (from person to person) is symmetrical.

Edited by ChrisLinger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisLinger said:

For the most part they all have Symmetrical armor

I was talking about something like this or this as an example. Symmetrical for the most part, but with few subtle exceptions. Something like different wristguards for each hand (like they all have in the movies), a borrowed armor part, a rangefinder on the side of the helmet, prints and emblems, a cape that covers one side, different colours, etc.

Edited by Voroschuk

On 3/31/2023 at 1:22 AM, Voroschuk said:

I was talking about something like this or this as an example. Symmetrical for the most part, but with few subtle exceptions. Something like different wrist guards for each hand (like they all have in the movies), a borrowed armor part, a rangefinder on the side of the helmet, prints and emblems, a cape that covers one side, different colors, etc.

I agree with small differences.  However, it is my opinion that the armor coverage should be symmetrical.  Meaning to say that the chest piece should cover the same area on the left hand of the body as it does on the right side of the body.  There can be differences from one side to the other.  Take Boba Fett's chest piece for instance.  On the left breast plate there are digital lights.  That seems fine.  The important factor is that the shape and coverage is symmetrical.  Boba Fett's helmet has a "range finder" or targeting device that swings down into his view.  I think that is fine.  It serves a purpose.  I understand why it is there.  I think the shoulder pieces should be symmetrical and I think the thigh pieces should be symmetrical.  There is no real purpose for them to be different in size and shape.  When I see Asymmetrical armor in a video game, I instantly think, "Well that's childish, goofy, and stupid.  The designer is a 20 year old idiot who has no life experience or actual concept of what armor is meant to do."   It makes me think back to the He-Man cartoons of the 1980's.  The characters were designed to appeal to six year olds, ...to viewers who had no concept of what armor was meant to do.  I would guess that the average age of a SWTOR player is not six years old.  We have plenty of armor or outfits that appeal to little kids.  How about the designers focus on the adults for a short while.  Good Lord, how many Bionic armors are there?  Can we get Authentic looking, Functional looking, Symmetrical armor sets for the Mandalorians and the Troopers.

I would like to see the following Armor sets
Jango Fett style armor.  More of a Medium coverage, Light to Medium Duty armor for the Accomplished Mercenary.
Boba Fett style armor.  More of a Light coverage, Light Duty armor for the average mercenary who is still making a name...
Din Djarin, his modern current style armor.  More of a full coverage Medium to Heavy Duty armor for the WEALTHY players.
Bo Katan style FEMALE armor.  More of a Medium coverage, Medium Duty armor for the FEMALE players.  "Booby Armor"
Paz Vizsla style armor.  More of a FULL coverage, Heavy Duty / Tank armor for the Offensive Linebackers of the game.

I really want Symmetry in the shape and size of each piece.  Matching shoulder pieces, thigh pieces, matching boots....    After all, this is not He-Man and most of us are not Six Years Old.

Edited by ChrisLinger
  • Like 1

Ok im just going to point this out, we got Boba's blasters (The EE-2 rifle and pistol, and his cyclone rifles) his gaffi stick...But where is his Armour?! xD

A Boba fett from book of boba fett armour would be nice, with two torsos of Jetpack on and jet pack off please :)

Also for second idea, since some armours are being remade or "reforged" perhaps make a reforged armour varient of the Republic and Imperial trooper armours? and maybe some of the iconic characters like Satele shan, Shae Vizla and idk Darth marrs? :)

• Like 1

Dear DEVS of the newest armor:

the MANDALORIAN NOMAD ARMOR SET - since i am a big Star Wars FAN,
i really, really! love the Mandalorian Star Wars Serie.
Its amazing that you put in the Work for this Amazing Armor Set.
But this Set just felt a little bit rushed and would be like 10000% more Insane if you add / change some things.
I mean - i already bought it - like a lot of other players - i bet every Bounty Hunter Player bought it - its so cool!
I really WISH you would add maybe a Second Version (like it is in other Armor Sets - for example Cheat Version with Cloak and Uncloak) of specific items.
Here are my Suggestions - even if you would sell it for 8000 Cartel Coins - it will be a Best Seller for Sure ;).

1.Second Version for the Chest Piece with a Jetpack and - or a Cloak - but MAINLY PLEASE a Jetpack on the Back.

2.Leg Armor Piece Armored on both Sides - not just left.
For example - in the Last Cinematic Trailer - even Malgus is covered in a Full Set of Leg-Armor.
Just to imagine that a Blaster-Shoot on the Bounty Hunter wearing this Armor - were his right Leg is not covered - its pretty sad ;(.

3.The Right Shoulder on Both Sides (the Same Shoulders on Both Sides) for the Chest Piece.
Would be INSANE - just like in the Serious - really love that Shoulder Pads from Mando!!!

4. Change the Helm-Voice - its pretty robotic - switch it to Rohlan-Dyre Helmet Voice.
This Helmet is without a DOUBT the BEST Bounty Hunter Helmet in the entire Game.
Its just this Voice - its not like how it is in the Series, and the Version i already wrote down from the
Rohlan-Dyre Helmet Voice is jsut so BADASS - the Cutscenes are on a whole new Level with the right Voice.

5. The Breast Gird (the Gird over the Torso) - it would be a lot more cooler in my opinion if it would transport ammunition instead of metal/beskar bars - i dont know - a Mandalorian is a Warrior, not a Treasure Hunter.

Please Guys vote for it -the Way the Armor is in this Game  - its just unfinished, although its kinda near perfection like in the Series.

Please go for a 2nd Variant - the Original One with Jetpack - please.

Where are all the Mandalorians here - please vote for that ;)

This is the Way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2023 at 3:09 PM, SobekGodofNil said:

A paint version.

https://ibb.co/dQx3XJX

Exactly this! Or even a "mismatched" one like Din Djarin actually has would be acceptable. But having NONE on the right leg and one kneepad just...sucks and there is no other set in game that really looks great as a replacement at the moment.  Sometimes I feel like BW does these kind of things on purpose so you have to buy another set just to replace a single piece.  I have little doubt another set will be released accomplishing exactly that purpose...

Edited by TyrFoge
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2014 at 5:41 AM, MDondelinger said:

Hello,

I wanted to thank everyone who has posted here for all the great ideas!

I also wanted to ask that when suggesting an item please add as much information as possible. Sometimes we have a hard time figuring out exactly what clothing, armor, etc someone wants because we simply can't find the item or what it looks like. The more information you give us the better.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and keep them coming.

:csw_jabba:

I don't know how many times people need to say this... BOBA FETT ARMOR... Come on dude, its way passed time!

• Like 2